Round is a shape

MolBren

Jedi Pronouns: she/her
"newbie"
Hello! Newbie here.

I used to joke "I'm in shape! Round is a shape!" but it's less amusing the older I get. So while round is a valid shape, I'd like to perhaps be less round.

I was a runner once upon a time and ran half marathons, but I'm honestly not aiming that high these days. Mostly I'd like to feel better and have more energy, so I'm here making a log and trying to stick with it.

I've started and stopped exercise routines in the past, so won't beat myself up too badly if I do that again. I'll just need to come back is all. My goal is to stick with it for 30 days and then go from there.

Today I'm starting at the very beginner level - so FOUNDATION light, here I come.

Day 1.
Done.

Last edited:

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

Day 3.
Done.

The weather has kept me from my outdoor walking and tomorrow is supposed to be another storm. Missing a day or two now and then doesn't alarm me, but I don't want to miss too many, especially when I'd been on a roll with walking (before I joined here). I'll need to get creative I guess, but I like my outdoor walks *pouts

MolBren

"newbie"
Yesterday I rushed out of work to get some social time in. I managed my walk, but not 'The Plan' stuff.

I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

Day 7.
Done.

Walked
Tracked food
Meditated

I am tempted to add items on to my Foundation Light plan, because I feel I could put in more effort. But I know myself and I know my purpose right now is to build a habit. I've maintained the walk, track, meditate (ok, only sometimes on the meditate) and I seem to fizzle out when I get excited and add on a lot of stuff.

Anyway, Happy Thursday everyone

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

Day 9.
Done.

The weather cooperated where I live this weekend, so I got extra long walks in both Saturday and Sunday.
Did not track food, but there were more bagels involved and I didn't want to know.
Meditated each day.
Ate the last of the soup. #omnomnom

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

Day 11.
Done.
I walked around my neighborhood to get some steps in.
I made up a mushroom, ground turkey, roasted green bean, and pasta thing and it was quite tasty. These were the items I had on hand, so I was kind of making it up. Time to go to the store!

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

:v: Day 16.
One of my (many) concerns surrounds my WFH status where I sit at a desk all day. Sedentary lifestyle kills!!! I ordered a standing desk converter thing and put it together today. I spent an hour conference call this afternoon standing instead of sitting! It's going to be a bit of an adjustment and I'm glad it's easy to move up and down. Definitely happy with it so far, my cat isn't too sure about it yet. ;)

Here's the desk topper I odered.

MolBren

"newbie"
What is time? How are days?
This is the point where in the past I'd convince myself that I'm not sticking with it very well, so why bother?
But I am not giving up just because I'm not yet on a streak or in a groove or whatever. I will just keep at it and not give in to the negative self-talk.

I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

:v: Day 17. - did this yesterday.
Today I got my walking in, ran errands, and went to book club after work. I like my standing desk! I do tend to fidget or shift my weight from foot to foot, so it's noticeable when on video calls. Not that anyone seems to mind.

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
That is cool you have a standing desk. If I had one, I would get one of those desk ellipticals.

Of course I probably could get both at any time. I always dream, but I never actually do it. :imp:

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

:v: Day 20.
I walked today.
I'm nearing the point where I'm looking at what I might do after this first '30-day' habit-building challenge (which, ironically, has taken more than 30 days). And do a donation to the site for accomplishing the 30 days. I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. Slow and steady. Although, maybe not quite as slow as I've been going ;)
Let's see how many days it'll take me to get the last 10 days done first.

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

:v: Day 21.
I was away visiting family for a few days and did not do any of the DARBEE days. I did walk and do a lot of housework for a family member that felt like exercise. (hauling out stuff from storage, moving furniture to clean under/behind it, etc). Considering it took several hours of the day, I'm of the opinion that I'm not falling behind on my goal to add physical activity to each day.

MolBren

"newbie"
So, you get a heartwarming picture of a kitten when you donate to this site. I feel like word about that incentive should be spread around.

It's raining out today, so instead of going to the lake to walk, I'm debating whether to do an added day to "catch up" on my program or start a yoga routine. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here on the internet watching cat videos.
*sigh

OK, going to go do... something.

MolBren

"newbie"
I hit my step count yesterday by having an indoor dance party. I also restarted a previously abandoned meditation challenge yesterday. I know I said I wouldn't 'add on' until I proved to myself I could stick with 30 days. I guess I changed my mind. I'm adaptable!

I'm working on:
FOUNDATION light

:v: Day 22.
:v: Meditation day 2 of 7
Today I made it out to the lake and racked up lots of steps. I finished an audiobook I'd been listening to at the same time. Win-win!

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:

:v: FOUNDATION light Day 24
:v: Meditation Day 5 of 7
:v: Nico Marie Yoga Every Damn Day Day 3
Regular walk today.

I made a version of chicken orzo soup with what I had on hand. I seasoned 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder, then covered them with chicken broth, added a bay leaf, and let it go on the slow cooker for 6 hours. Then I removed and shredded the chicken, added 1 cup or so of orzo, and cooked that on high for 25 minutes. Then I added the chicken back in along with a bag of frozen veggies. I have SO MUCH SOUP #omnomnom

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:

:v: FOUNDATION light Day 28
In my work weekday walk-off challenge, I'm teetering between 2nd & 3rd place so far - woo!
I need to decide if I will try and continue Nico Marie's yoga challenge (with modification) or find something a bit more beginner-level.

Last edited:

MolBren

"newbie"
I'm working on:

:v: FOUNDATION light Day 29
:v: Healthy Mind Meditation- Day 1
:v: Yoga for Beginners app- random stretch exercise, still deciding which challenge or program to do.
Midway through the work walking challenge.

I made a batch of chili in the slow cooker today and it was almost too spicy. I'm thinking of pouring some into a baked potato for dinner tomorrow and hopefully, that will help cut some spice. Yes, I'm trying to talk myself out of using sour cream and cheese! (I might still use a bit though). Does anyone have any other ideas for cutting the heat level on the leftovers?

Last edited:

MolBren

"newbie"
foundationl.jpg

My first badge!!!

:v: FOUNDATION light Day 30
:v: Healthy Mind Meditation- Day 2
:v: Morning Sun Salutation - 1
Continuing on the work walking challenge.

It took me 65 days to do a 30-day challenge. I hope I can do the next 30-day challenge a bit faster. We shall see. ;P