Steadfast as the Hills of Stone

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
How about that other cat?
Sadly, he was left alone when we came home. The friend whose family the house belongs to couldn't tell when he or his cousin woulf visit again, so the cat had to look for another place to ask food from.

@PetiteSheWolf I'm not sure, the last time I had a stomach bug, Potyka walked over me to try and get a sip of the soothing tea my fiancé had prepared for me. :glee:

Friday, Aug 18

Late morning
-- Morning Yoga Flow
-- Ladybug
-- Meditation

Late afternoon
-- Siren | lvl III
-- Kiss the Floor | lvl III

Evening
-- 5x30 sec scissor chops | day 18 of Epic Arms | with 0.75 kg wrist weights

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
ROFLOL, did that tea include valerian ?! Mademoiselle Luna has never displayed interest in any of my herbal teas, interestingly. Or Potyka wanted to distract you. (no, I am not a cat apologist, I swear! Luna, get off that keyboard, what are you typing?!)

Mianevem

@PetiteSheWolf it was fennel tea... but Potyka is not among the smartest cats, and he will try to eat/drink anything that even distantly seems to be edible/potable. Luckily at least the bitter smell deters him in an instant whenever he wants to see if he can take a sip from my espresso cup. :LOL:

Sunday, Aug 20

Midday
-- Morning Yoga Flow | with EC

Afternoon
-- 45 min walk | day 33 of 60 Days of Walking | part I

Late afternoon
-- Part II of 60 Days of Walking | lvl III | march steps

Evening
-- 2 min run | 2 min walk for 20 min

Late evening
-- Day 19-20 of Epic Arms | with 0.75 kg wrist weights
-- Core Sculpt | lvl III
-- Day 24 of Power Up

Mianevem

Monday, Aug 21

Afternoon
-- untracked hike | counted for day 34 of 60 Days of Walking

From Monday to Friday I went to Annafürdő with some friends. It used to be the property of a count, and now it's mostly used as a place for children's camps. I found it in winter because we too wanted to organise a camp for children (it would've basically been an introduction to LARPing for them), but with the current financial situation of most families, we couldn't get enough participants to be able to organise it without losing too much money. We still visited the place again to explore the area better and because the others I went with also chose this as the venue for their Skellige-themed LARP in October.

I think that this place will be home to many LARPs in the future... The apartmans and the other lodgings have recently been renovated, and an 86 ha gorgeous forest belongs to it, with two lakes, a closed territory for observing wild animals safely, two lakes, and a lookout tower. It really is a gem!

20230822_152508_25.jpg

20230822_152139_25.jpg

20230822_083819_25.jpg

20230822_083648_25.jpg

20230821_173646_25.jpg
The holy cat has appeared! In other words, we found a Potyka-like cat here too, but this one was even skinnier than the cat at Balaton. He begged for food and hungrily accepted it, but it was clear that no one had ever petted him, and he shied away from any other kind of contact.

Mianevem

Tuesday, Aug 22

Before breakfast
-- Morning Yoga Flow
-- Ladybug
I did these at the lake shown above. It was gorgeous and calm and quiet, except for the pair of flies that kept buzzing around me...

Afternoon
-- untracked hike | counted for day 35 of 60 Days of Walking

Evening
-- swimming in the lake

There were several warning signs stating that swimming in the lake was forbidden. But when we asked the caretaker about it, she said we could do it on our own responsibility. In fact, that was her answer to most questions, including when the guys asked her if they could begin the Skellige LARP by burning a(n of course fake) corpse on a boat in the middle of the lake...

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
LARP burning a corpse in a lake.. that's dedication right there.
Not a very caring care taker though

Mianevem

Not a very caring care taker though
I like to think that we just made a very good impression on her and she trusts that we won't destroy the place. :LOL:

Wednesday, Aug 23

In the afternoon we went to the lake to practice a bit with LARP-safe weapons. Fighting with a shield and an axe is a lot of fun! But of course I was the only one who remembered bringing water. What on earth were the others thinking?! It's like that one time during the Covid restrictions when my boyfriend and I decided to go hiking each in the forest closest to him/her while talking via Messenger, and at one point sitting down under some pretty tree to drink wine "together". It was very nice for me, but my boyfriend suddemly realised that wine was the only beverage he took with himself. In summer, in the early afternoon. Just thinking about it makes my head ache. :LOL:

Anyway, when my bottle got empty during the fights in Annafürdő, being happy that I can run on trails, I volunteered to get water from the apartment which was at about a 5-min run away. What did I forget to take? The keys. So I couldn't enter the apartment to get more bottles, but I was partially saved by the nearby spring where I could fill at least that one bottle I had with potable and refreshingly cold water.

In the evening we returned to the lake to gaze at the stars, until we got too distracted by the noises of the wildlife. There was absolutely no artificial light there apart from our phones serving as flashlights, so the night sky was dazzling, but we could barely see anything among the trees, so--shame on us but--we needed alcohol and a constant flow of not-too-quiet conversation to keep the natural fear of darkness at bay.

Mianevem

Yesterday was the first time I did jumping lunges since my hip injury. The DOMS was horrible today.

Monday, Aug 28

Before breakfast
-- 60 min walk | day 36 of 60 Days of Walking

Late morning
-- 3 min run | 2 min walk for 20 min

Midday
-- 5x30 sec scissor chops | day 28 of Epic Arms | with 0.75 kg wrist weights
-- Barre
-- Day 25 of Power Up

Evening
-- Meditation | I couldn't get into a proper child's pose because of the DOMS

Mianevem

@JCU You would've forgiven the jump scares as soon as you saw Pedro the cute llama, who grew up with horses and thinks he's one of them. (Don't ask why there was a llama in a medieval park. There were emus, too. And loud rock music was blasting from a corner where there was a mechanical bull, a tiny kart track and  lots of US flags. And one Confederate battle flag. No, we have no idea why, either.)
Unfortunately I seem to have lost the picture I took of Pedro. :(

Thank you, @Mamatigerj , @Fremen , @Gandhalfit (yes, my legs are fine now, but they now have to get used to running again...), @CODawn !

Tuesday, Aug 29

Biking: 25.38 km in total

Mianevem

Wednesday, Aug 30

Late morning
-- Morning Yoga Flow

Evening
-- practicing with LARP-safe weapons
I tried my new shield and also wore the leather corset that will serve as my armour at the Skellige LARP in October. It didn't hinder my movements as much as I thought it would! My shield is much smaller than anyone else's though, so I will have a harder time blocking incoming attacks. Plus I decided I will have an axe as a weapon, which has a considerably shorter range than our swords. But I'm determined! :LOL:

Biking: 4.18 km in total

received_830922158705319_2_50.jpeg

Mianevem

Thursday, Sept 7

Afternoon
-- Days 5-7 of The Miner | no optional quest
-- Pendragon | lvl I
-- Mistborn | lvl I

Evening
-- 60 min walk | day 39 of 60 Days of Walking

Friday, Sept 8

Midday
-- 20 min run | finally there are non-stop runs in my training plan again!
-- the first row of Monster Legs

Saturday, Sept 9

Midday
-- playing in Lake Balaton

Afternoon
-- Days 8-9 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- Isometric Strength | except the dumbbell exercises, because I wasn't home and no weights were available

Sunday, Sept 10

Evening
-- 45 min walk | day 40 of 60 Days of Walking

Monday, Sept 11

Afternoon
-- part II of day 40 of 60 Days of Walking

Evening
-- 2x: 6 min run | 3 min walk

Late evening
-- Days 10-11 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- Isometric Strength | 5 kg dumbbells
-- Day 26 of Power Up
-- Splits | with EC
-- Post-Workout Mobility | with EC

Mianevem

Falling asleep yesterday was challenging. Nowadays I like to sleep on my back, but now that was impossible, because somehow I found myself stuck between my fiancé and my cat, both in deep slumber, with just enough space for me to lie on my side. And obviously I didn't have the heart to wake up either of them. :LOL:

Tuesday, Sept 12

Before breakfast
-- 60 min walk | day 41 of 60 Days of Walking

Late morning
-- 10 min run | 3 min walk | 10 min run

Midday
-- Day 12 of The Miner | no optional quest

Evening
-- practicing with LARP-safe weapons
I have good moves sometimes, but I'm still not particularly efficient at this fighting thing. At least several people were kind enough and promised me that, at the Skellige LARP, they'd act fearful of my character, who's supposed to be a seasoned fighter. :LOL:

Mianevem

Wednesday, Sept 13

Afternoon
-- Day 13 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- Warrior | lvl I

Biking: 10.95 km in total

I had horrible doms yesterday's fight practice. I expected doms in my back, but not at all in my glutes. That was surprising, until we realised that it must have been because of the "ninja game" we played, during which you often end up having to hold uncomfortable poses, mostly deep lunges for quite a bit of time. A gamified workout for sure. :LOL:
I really should have worn gloves though. Not only did the shield scrape off the skin on my knuckles, but they also have an ugly bluish-black colour from the constant hitting they took every time I blocked attacks.

Mianevem

Thursday, Sept 14

Afternoon
-- 90 min walking | day 42 of 60 Days of Walking

Late afternoon
-- 25 min run
-- Day 14 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- Day 27 of Power Up
-- Post-Workout Mobility

Evening
-- Gentle Yoga
-- Gaia

Friday, Sept 15

Late morning
-- Day 15 of The Miner | with optional quest

Midday
-- 60 min walk | day 43 of 60 Days of Walking

Late evening
-- Day 28 of Power Up
-- Post-Workout Mobility

Saturday, Sept 16

Nothing except a little bit of dancing at the wedding we went to.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I hope your doms ate over and that your skin had healed :vibes:

The rest if it sounds pretty cool.

A cat and a fiance, gosh, not at all comfortable.

Mianevem

Uh-oh, it looks like my previous post got lost somewhere... I don't remember the exact workouts I did from 18 to 20, but there was nothing unusual training-wise. What was unusual though is that we were moving. We're mostly done, all the furniture have been put together in the new (noticeably bigger) flat, and most of our stuff is already unpacked. There are still some things we need to carry here from the old flat which we also need to clean (painting is mostly done).

We had one rough night when we had no idea where the cat was... there were some scheduling issues with the transportation of the furniture, and, long story short, Potyka got very scared and stressed, and he hid before we could put him in his carrier. We thought he was under the bathtub, since he knew he was unreachable there, but after things were settled and I checked there, he was nowhere to be found... and there were no furniture left where he could have hidden. Next day there was still no sign of him, and the treats we left in the bathroom weren't even touched. We were worried that he either escaped the building (which would have been strange, because the only way out was the source of the scary noises), or that he fell into the vent hole and got hurt and stuck without us being able to get him out... At some point we finally heard him from  behind the bathtub, where he had climbed onto the tubes, and my fiancé managed to bribe him out with his favorite food...

Of course he was quite stressed at the new place, too, but now, a couple of days later, he's starting to get used to it. In the beginning, he stayed in the bedroom, and we kept the door closed so he would feel safer, especially at night when we were there with him for hours. Since then we could finally move his stinky food to the kitchen, because he's not scared to go there anymore. The transition was cute, he kept sneaking out of the bedroom to check one thing or another then sprinted back under the bed, to safety. :LOL: I think we can say that all is well now: today, instead of spending most of his time under the bed, he kept meowing and scratching at the door of the living room because he wanted to explore there, and, once his wish was granted, he tried to occupy as much space in the middle of it as possible.

20230925_210233_25.jpg