Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Thank you, @Froud , @TheLibrarian , @BetaCorvi ! :love:

Thursday, June 1

Before breakfast
-- Chest, Arms & Core | lvl III
-- Exceptional | lvl III

Evening
-- Day 16 of 60 Days of Walking | part II | lvl III | running instead of march steps

It's late now and I should be sleeping, but nausea keeps me awake. I took a pill that should help, and the plan is to use the time until it works (or until my stomach settles on its own, in which case, based on experience, I'll have quite a few productive hours...) to catch up with the threads of other Bees. :lilbee:

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU , @Tileenah , @NancyTree !

The nausea finally subsided enough for me to fall asleep at around 3 am (I was halfway through catching up with @Anek , thanks for curing me! :LOL: ), but when our alarms rang at 7, I told my fiancé to go to the gym without me this morning. I still did a bit on my own, at home.

Friday, June 2

Before breakfast
-- Not Perfect | lvl I
-- Day 1-2 of Epic Glutes

Afternoon
-- 45 min walk | day 17 of 60 Days of Walking

Mianevem

Saturday, June 10

Biking: 53.38 km in total

And that was my workout for the day. Plus maybe an hour spent playing with LARP-safe weapons. At some point I somehow ended up fighting against a two-handed sword with a dagger and a one-handed axe. A lot of fun!

Some pictures I took while a friend showed me his favourite spots near his hometown:

20230610_180958_25.jpg

20230610_180217_25.jpg

20230610_175739.jpg

Mianevem

Thank you, @Gandhalfit ! :love:

Tuesday, June 20

Before breakfast
-- Day 20 of Epic Glutes
-- 3x10 bridges
-- 3x20 front leg raises
-- 3x20 back leg raises
-- 3x20 side leg raises

Late morning
-- 3x20 standing hip adduction
-- 3x20 lunges
-- 3x20 knee flexion/extension on chair
-- 3x2 min balance disc

Midday
-- Day 17 of Power Up
-- hip stretches

Afternoon
-- Gladiator Abs | with EC | (lack of) grip strength was what kept the numbers low
-- 3x1 min wall-sit with band
-- 3x1 min sidestepping with elastic band
-- 9.77 km indoor cycling

Mianevem

I just realised that my cat thanks me when I give him dry food. When he gets wet food for breakfast, he's always very impatient and starts licking it immediately, but when he's given dry food, he rubs against me before he starts eating. If I leave the room right after filling his bowl, he will patiently wait for me to return so that he can get some ear scratches, and only then does he turn to his food. ❤

Wednesday, June 21

Before breakfast*
-- Void | lvl III
-- Wing Leader | lvl III
-- Day 21 of Epic Glutes

Biking: 11 km in total

* I usually go to the gym on empty stomach. I'm used to it, so it works well. But this time my fiancé wanted to try having coffee before the gym to see if it helps him (he doesn't go on empty, he eats a muesli bar beforehand), so I had one too, just because I like coffee. A black espresso first thing in the morning didn't seem like it'd make me feel good though, so I basically had a latte instead. It was nice, I was more alert and enthusiastic in the gym, so if my fiancé keeps this habit, I'll tag along.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
That's sweet for kitty thank yous ;) Maybe explain to kitty that wet food is even better healthwise, so you should get double headbumps when you give wet food , LOL!
(I give Mademoiselle Luna wet food in the morning, and dry food in the evening. Dry food also gets her much more excited. I think it's kinda addictive junk food for our cats, LOL).

Mianevem

@PetiteSheWolf That's surprising; our vet told us that dry food is the more balanced option. And Potyka is actually more excited by wet food. He DEMANDS it every morning, and then he licks off all of the gravy, and maaaaybe decides to go back a few minutes later to eat the solid stuff too. :LOL:

Friday, June 23

Before breakfast
-- Day 23 of Epic Glutes
-- 9.45 km indoor cycling

Midday
-- Day 18 of Power Up

Biking: 9.68 km in total

Some untracked hiking, too, because we got a bit lost while heading towards a belated Líthas celebration.

Mianevem

Saturday, June 24

Evening
-- Day 24 of Epic Glutes

Biking: 33.98 km in total -- most of it around Lake Velence.

20230624_113600_25.jpg
A view not on the lake, but the hills of Velence, which is also the Hungarian name for Venice. It's possible that many Venetian artisans lived in the area in the Middle Ages, and the town of Velence, and the lake, were named after them.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
more excited by wet food. He DEMANDS it every morning, and then he licks off all of the gravy, and maaaaybe decides to go back a few minutes later to eat the solid stuff too. :LOL:
Hahaha 😂 Chelsea is the same.
I don't give her wet food anymore though. It gets stuck in her teeth and in her condition that's really bad.

Mianevem

Tuesday, June 27

Late evening
-- Day 27 of Epic Glutes

That's all I did. Because instead of running (or cooking a proper lunch), I spent my scarce free time preparing for a meeting with the main organisers of this year's Tolkien camp who are responsible for my area. It wasn't worth it.
At least I got in 8000 steps pacing inside our 33 m² flat.