Steadfast as the Hills of Stone

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Wednesday, June 28

Before breakfast
-- Push A | 5 kg dumbbells for one-handed tricep extensions, 8 kg for everything else | I didn't have time to finish it though, because we had to leave the gym a little bit earlier so that my fiancé could be home for a work meeting, which obviously got cancelled two minutes before its scheduled start time. Anyway, I didn't do the last 6 sets.

Midday
-- 49 min run
I took it slower than my previous runs. Garmin suggests 49-min-long base runs, but my data or their interpretation are a little off, so it wants me to run faster than what is useful. An average pace of 5:55 for 49 min is something I can do without failure, but it's definitely much harder than what a base run is supposed to be. So I changed the target type to heart rate. With this workout, my HR should be around 140, but I couldn't really convince myself to jog that slow just when I'm finally able to enjoy running again, so my actual average was 150 (with an avg pace of 6:28), which was still within the acceptable range. In comparison, on my previous two "base" runs I got an average HR of 162 (pace: 5:49) and 167 (pace: 5:46).

Evening
-- 54 min walk | counted for day 23 of 60 Days of Walking

Mianevem

Saturday, July 1

Morning
-- Day 30 of Epic Glutes

Midday
-- 10 km hike

Yesterday we travelled to Nyíregyháza to spend a long weekend here. Or not necessarily a long weekend, because we will still work remotely on Monday and Tuesday, but the change of scenery will make that more pleasant, too.

And today we went to nearby town of Tokaj for a little hike. It was supposed to be an easy one, but the trails were so neglected that without GPS and a map, we would certainly have got lost. And of course we were already inside the forest when we realised that we left the mosquito repellent at home... The mosquitoes had a feast, to say at least.

We spent the afternoon at my father's, who lives 5 km from Tokaj. We ate home-made scones and strudel with home-grown raspberries, had drinks made of home-made lavender, elder and raspberry syrup, and walked around in their huge garden with a view on the Tokaj hill.

20230701_104818_25.jpg
The rather pretty centre of Tokaj.

20230701_111424_25.jpg
The entrance to the mosquitoes' lair

20230701_120754_25.jpg
The view from the top of the hill of Tokaj. It's only a bit more than 500 m above sea level, but with everything else being completely flat in the area, it still looks as if you were on top of the world.

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU , @TopNotch , @Fremen , @Tileenah !

Sunday, July 2

Before breakfast
-- Abs Unlocked | lvl III | with EC | I only wanted to do 3 sets, but it was more fun than it looked at first glance
-- Legs A | I only had 5 kg dumbbells at hand, so I reduced rest times to 30 sec

Late afternoon
-- Ballerina | lvl I
-- Days 1-2 of Epic Core | sitting twists with a 5 kg dumbbell
-- Day 23 of 60 Days of Walking | part II | lvl III

We spent most of the day in an aquapark. Lots of fun!

Mianevem

Thank you, @Anek ! Thank you, @Mamatigerj !

Tuesday, July 4

Late morning
-- Day 24 of 60 Days of Walking | part II | lvl I

Midday
-- Evolution | lvl I

And helping mom fill the water tank. For my fiancé that meant climbing stairs with heavy watering cans, for me lifting said cans above my head while standing on a ladder, and for mom balancing in the attic as she filled the tank. And she usually does the whole procedure alone at the age of 65+…

dancer

Fae from India
Pronouns: She/Her
"New Bee getting fit"
Thank you, @JCU , @TopNotch , @Fremen , @Tileenah !

Sunday, July 2

Before breakfast
-- Abs Unlocked | lvl III | with EC | I only wanted to do 3 sets, but it was more fun than it looked at first glance
-- Legs A | I only had 5 kg dumbbells at hand, so I reduced rest times to 30 sec

Late afternoon
-- Ballerina | lvl I
-- Days 1-2 of Epic Core | sitting twists with a 5 kg dumbbell
-- Day 23 of 60 Days of Walking | part II | lvl III

We spent most of the day in an aquapark. Lots of fun!
how did your ballerina workout go? are u a dancer as well?/ and aquapark seems like tons of fun! and Congratulations on epic glutes well done!

Mianevem

Thanks, @dancer !
No, I don't dance, I just did that workout to have some fun while strengthening my legs. I made sure to hide in an empty room, so that neither my mother nor my fiancé would laugh at my lack of gracefulness. :LOL:

Thank you, @NancyTree !

Thursday, July 6

Before breakfast
-- Days 4-6 of Epic Core | sitting twists with 6 kg weight
-- Pull B | bicep curls, hammer curls, bent over rows and upright rows with 8 kg dumbbells, shrugs with 15 kg

Afternoon
-- Day 19 of Power Up

Late afternoon
-- 2-Move Abs | only 3 sets

Evening
-- Onward | this is a tough one, I needed several micro breaks
-- Muse | with EC
-- Glow Up | with EC

Late evening
-- ~6 km run

Mianevem

Mianevem

Sunday, July 9

Before breakfast
-- Day 9 of Epic Core

And then I was on a LARP until Wednesday. I didn't do any intentional exercise, so my streak is broken. But I was still active, I was on my feet almost all day every day.

The LARP ended on Tuesday, and we left on Wednesday. Between the two, I slept about half an hour in total after a celebration involving the usual singing at the campfire, unexpectedly trying ribbon dancing for the first time, playing a bit with LARP-safe weapons (warning: you will hit the opponent harder than you want to if you're under the influence of alcohol), and working on untangling some emotional threads until daybreak. A lot of sleep to catch up on!

Mianevem

Friday, July 14

Afternoon
-- 45 min bouldering

Biking: 10.77 km in total

This was the first time I went bouldering since my injury. I made sure to warm up thoroughly, and everything was fine. :dance:The friend I went with also asked me if I did any workouts apart from biking and running, because my back muscles were impressive. ;)

Once again I forgot to take a photo of the DAREBEE warm-ups and stretches displayed on the wall in the bouldering gym...

Mianevem

Sunday, July 23

Before breakfast
-- 5 km run

Late morning
-- Day 20-23 of Epic Core | sitting twists with a 6 kg kettlebell

The yearly Tolkien camp starts next Friday, and I'm busy with last minute stuff, that's why I've been so silent lately.
This year it's not that much fun to be an organiser for many reasons, but I'll save my rant for after the camp is over. It's possible that I'm just whiny because of the stress and the fear of failure. We'll see… :LOL:

Mianevem

Thank you, @PetiteSheWolf , I'll keep your words in mind when I feel unmotivated. ❤

Monday, July 24

Before breakfast
-- 3 km run

Evening
-- bouldering
And because there was a mini gym above the walls:
-- 4x22 sitting twists | day 24 of Epic Core | with an 8 kg kettlebell
-- Day 22 of Power Up
-- Fitness test | I did this along with a friend of mine. He got to lvl III with all three exercises, I ended up with lvl II with everything, except for push-ups, where I managed to do 40 (why that though? Arm strength has always been a weak point for me…). Though judging by the fact that my friend was huffing on the ground for several minutes after the burpees, while I was perfectly fine with an even breathing after 30 sec at most, it might just have been mental laziness. 😅

Biking: 29.91 km in total

Mianevem

You're really branching out with your activities :)👍

I enjoy variety :ss:

Wednesday, July 26

Before breakfast
-- 1 min run | 1:30 walk for 20 min
-- 45 min walk | day 30 of 60 Days of Walking
-- 60 Days of Walking | part II | lvl I | march steps

Afternoon
-- Day 25 of Epic Core
-- 4x24 sitting twists | day 26 of Epic Core | with a 6 kg kettlebell
-- Day 23 of Power Up

And then we left for this year's Tolkien camp. It was... exhausting. It felt as if I had 12-hour work days for 9 days straight. In the end I thought it was worth it, watching ~60 people sitting in a big circle on the grass, most of them crying as they listened to the epilogue of the story they played an active role in. But damn, I wouldn't do this again. I'm a simple volunteer, and not even our Tolkien Society is worth a burnout.

Mianevem

I didn't work out on the 10th. We left for lake Balaton where the editors of the Society's official publication, Lassi Laurië, had their yearly summer vacation. My fiancé is one of the editors, and the rule says that any editor's partner can go with them if said partner has contributed anything to Lassi during the previous year. I wrote an article for them, so there I was. :ss:

Friday, Aug 11

Afternoon
-- Day 31 of 60 Days of Walking | part II | running

20230811_100942_25.jpg

This stray(?) cat, looking like a skinnier version of Potyka, decided that we were now responsible for feeding him and providing him with shelter. He was incredibly affectionate.

Mianevem

Tuesday, Aug 15

Late morning
-- 15-Minute Morning Workout

Afternoon
-- Days 9-15 of Epic Arms
-- Bucketlist
-- Cronus | lvl III

Evening
-- Quicksand | lvl III

My stomach was a bit strange in the evening, I even took a pill against nausea. Potyka was in a very affectionate mood, which was sweet, but I didn't really appreciate him trying to knead my stomach while I was thinking about whether I should go to the bathroom or not. 😅