Turning IRON BORN exercises into resistance band exercises?

LionAlpha

Guardian from Kavala, Greece
Pronouns: He/Him
Hey all, I thought of starting IRONBORN by replacing dumbbells with resistance bands. I have four different resistances, so I guess I can make it work. My only question is: should I change the reps? Or use the appropriate resistance for each rep range? Thank you in advance!

guibo94

Gladiator from New Asgard
"Silent but deadly."
What are your goals for the program? If it is strength, then I would keep rep counts same and vary the bands to match where you feel a "burn" in last few reps for each set. If you are going for endurance/maintenance then maybe use lighter band at higher rep counts (+30% reps). I have adapted a few Darebee dumbbell workouts and programs to resistance bands and that was my "formula" more or less. Hope that helps.

LionAlpha

Guardian from Kavala, Greece
Pronouns: He/Him
What are your goals for the program? If it is strength, then I would keep rep counts same and vary the bands to match where you feel a "burn" in last few reps for each set. If you are going for endurance/maintenance then maybe use lighter band at higher rep counts (+30% reps). I have adapted a few Darebee dumbbell workouts and programs to resistance bands and that was my "formula" more or less. Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for the advice; that's what I did for the first workouts, and the results were perfect. I just need to find proper resistance for the leg workouts. I might combine bands or something.