Fighting now for a better tomorrow

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Okay, back home for now, not feeling sick 👍

Completed LIIT up to and including day 16

No Sugar day 3
No junk food day 3
No Salt day 6

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
It's officially a cold but I decided to go to work anyway. Nazal spray does the trick...

A lot of Rosh Hashanah leftovers are placed around and not the fruity, healthy stuff. It's mostly honey cakes and mufletot (a sort of North Africa/Moroccan tortilla thing with honey, butter and jam or chocolate spread) but also plain chocolates... no sugar challenge is getting challenging 🥴

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Either saline water nasal wash, or the sulfur one (not sure outside of France how it'd be called? It is spring water that's naturally rich in sulfur, and stinks, but that gives it natural anti-inflamatory properties), are good for sinusitis. I practice Nala Jeti, personally, though I understand it may not be for everybody (and you need safe water).

Courage for the no-sugar challenge, it sounds like trying to do it at Easter or Christmas!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Courage for the no-sugar challenge, it sounds like trying to do it at Easter or Christmas!
Thanks 😊. Yeah but we have a lot of holidays and in this office people always bring stuff like that when it's their birthdays or someone is leaving or someone came back from abroad or just because... it really doesn't matter. Rosh Hashanah is actually easier for me to avoide because I don't eat honey unless it's organic and fair towards the bees :strong:. The mass production of it is really cruel. So the honey I buy is expensive and from small local harvesters. And I need to save money this year so I decided not to buy any.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
No workout today because I'm using the cold as an excuse.. well it is a bit hard to breath...

Watch says 4500+steps made today. Not great but not bad.

At least I made it through another day without poisoning myself:

No Sugar day 5
No Junkfood day 5
No Salt day 8

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
@PetiteSheWolf I forgot to look what kind of spray it is. Does Otrivin sound familiar?
I looked it up to check the active susbtance (you can take this wolf out of the pharmacy but can't take the pharmacy out of this wolf:dance: ) , it is a vasocontrictor, and in France this kind of rhinite treatment is now being much less used, even a bit avoided, because of the risk of systemic effect. But yeah, used to be fairly common (and isn't forbiden, just less prescribed and less recommended).

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I don't like using it either but I couldn't stay at home sick and miss another day, on the other hand I couldn't breath. I'll need to pre stock on natural alternatives before next time.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Completed days 18 and 19 of LIIT
Added Knock Out workout only 3 sets... barely

Was able to not eat bad stuff
No Sugar challenge day 6
No Junk Food day 6
No Salt day 9

I had a carrot and 1 Brazil nut for breakfast
a bit of my mom's leftover mushrooms, tofu, leaves (of something), pasta pie (is it called a pie? they were all smashed together and cooked so maybe).
Two green apples and 4 more Brazil nuts throughout the day.
Healthy choices all around.
I really hope I can keep this up this time.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Major company event this evening
20230920_183022.jpg20230920_183028.jpg20230920_183034.jpg

You can't see anyone because they're outside and I'm inside

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I hitched an early ride back home so enough to all this complaining..

LIIT day 20.
Since I was busy hiding away:
No Sugar challenge day 7
No Junk Food challenge day 7
No Salt day 10

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Yesterday: no sugar, no junk food and no salt continued. I didn't workout though. I'll catch up today.
Next week is Yom Kippur from Sunday evening till Monday evening so normally it would have been a long uninterrupted weekend but I need to go to work on Sunday for half a day because I have no vacation days left. Still, better than nothing. I think I might even show up super early and try to work for 9 full hours... that way they'll have to pay me overtime 😈

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
@CODawn it helps when you don't have money for anything except the bills- now days I get food from my parents and with the food allowance we get from work (wolt credits..) I buy cheap food. Yeah, that can be instant noodles and stuff but a box of apples (for example) is cheaper and more satisfying. As for sugar, people in the office are so annoying that I don't even care when they bring sweets.
Today was a harder test though. I had lunch at my parent's (took food back home with me of course) and they have my favorite extra dark orange flavored chocolate. I guess the success of the last few days motivated me not to ruin my streak :)

In conclusion:
LIIT day 23 done
No Sugar challenge day 10
No Junk Food challenge day 10
No Salt challenge day 13

Edit: I noticed I miss counted so no salt challenge is day 13 not 12.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I'm sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. 😔 When I worked in the office, there were food days...an entire table of snacks right outside my cube!🙀
I probably made it seem worse than it is. I can ask my parents for more help, it's not like I don't have a financial back but I don't want to unless I have absolutely no other choice. I did spend more than I should have lately and sort of forgot that I don't only have rent but a new apartment that needs paying tenants. The mortgage is not horrible hut still substantial. And between Chelsea and my grandad passing away I let myself wollow for too long.
I'm not in any immediate danger I assure you 😊

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
08:28 I can't believe this. I got to the office, switched on all the switches I could find and now there's electricity all over the floor except, for the four computers where I sit... so my computer and the ones next to me but the people who work on them aren't here so it doesn't matter to them.. but I can't work 🤦‍♀️
There's no one to ask too... ridiculous.

09:30 Update (if you're interested) I found the switch 🙃

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Did day 24 of LIIT.

So not fasting 😐 not because I'm hungry or thirsty... it's too deep and long for this but, in short, atonement towards a diety (mine in particular) is so eFFing wrong right now.

Watched Band of Brothers again today after work... it forced me to think about things I usually avoid thinking about.

No Sugar challenge day 11
No Junk Food challenge day 11
No Salt challenge day 14

I really miss Chelsea

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
This is just a form of shortcut to the links.
Haven't done LIIT day 25 yet but I'll get to that either later tonight or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, it was just published that a bunch of religious eFF ups who know absolutely nothing about their own religion, have set up screens and different prayer areas in a public street for men and women* yesterday before the fast began. Only problem they did it in Tel Aviv... they said they would do it a while ago because the municipal authorities have to authorize and prepare for such an event bit they only got permission to set up a public prayer, not to separate men and women... there was an appeal to the court, the court determined that praying in a public street in a city who's character is liberal and goes against what most of its inhabitants want is, immoral (or some other word). Yesterday the people organizing the public prayer ignored that so people who were there to make sure the court's decision is upheld began taking the screens down and sitting in places not designated for them, that men the women's areas and women in the men's area... today our wonderful and most excellent PM 🤢 called the people who opposed the unlawful separation, left wing extremists and agents of hatred.. why am I telling you this? Because a. I need to vent and b. because I expect tomorrow back at the office I will need to put headphones all day and play Korn on repeat and that may effect my ability to keep up with the challenges and fitness routine.
Free Hate is something people here love repeating as a form of warning to the future of the country's well being but they never see what they're doing so wrong.

*Don't start them on gender fluidity or they will take out their knives.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I know I should probably try to be calm or sarcastic in a way that will de escalate the situation or be so incredibly "ain't bothered" but I have no idea how to do it.
So far I just thought about sounding a rocket alarm from YouTube* if they'll really get to me. Violence erupted in the south again so it might even send people running.. I don't even know if they will talk about it but relying on past experience they probably will.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Today was bad but not in the way I thought it would be. Some people took the day off to recover from the fast, some showed up late so there wasn't too much talk. The talks that were being held got to high volumes. I managed to ignore most of it but at lunch time I snapped at someone. It was short and not too bad but I wish I hadn't. Now I can't stand the sight of these people. I help some of them with the more mundane documentation of their work but after lunch I closed all the files that were not related to my own work just because I don't want to help them anymore... it's not exactly voluntary, it is part of my job description but there's no way I'll even try to be fast or thorough at it anymore. I couldn't say goodbye when one of them left the office early and I couldn't say goodbye when I left. I just don't want to talk them again. It's a crappy feeling but it does motivate me to double down on my job hunt... I'll see how that goes.
Honestly, I feel like crying but not because of the content of what was said and heard today but because I talked, out loud and I'm not used to doing that.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
No Salt day 16
No Junk Food day 13
No Sugar day 13 - I was close to breaking on that but luckily there wasn't anything sugary around... I know because I looked.