Fighting now for a better tomorrow

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I feel like crying but not because of the content of what was said and heard today but because I talked, out loud and I'm not used to doing that
You're a thoughtful person, you'll get through this. I wish you luck on your job hunt fellow traveler :)

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Today was better. I was calmer after a night's sleep.
I was also able to be disgusted with an orange cake someone brought - he baked it himself and he's incredible in the kitchen - I am just so disgusted with these people and the thought of eating that cake made me feel angry so No Sugar challenge day 14 was incredibly easy.
No Junk Food challenge day 14 was great as well and No Salt challenge day 17 is of course not really a challenge anymore.

I completed LIIT days 25, 26 and 27
and added 3 sets of Pure Rage to remind myself that rage is not in my favor. I planned on doing at least 5 sets but that workout is too tough for me. I'm glad I was able to finish 3.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Only 1 anti democracy a hole showed up today to the office and other people around me are taking the advantage to speak amongst themselves without anyone interrupting... I guess I'm not completely alone but, it's astonishing that normally they choose to remain silent.
I should probably emphasize that I'm referring to the the open space and adjacent offices of the project I'm working in. Other people in other projects can be civilized when talking about these things.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I went with my parents to my new apartment today. 50 minutes drive in each direction and that's on Shabbat so no traffic jams. This means that I won't be able to live there while working in the center - if I won't find a job further north, it's either tenants or my parents will move there themselves. I prefer the later because tenants are too much to worry about even when everything is fine and my parents can finally retire if they want to so why not? they'll replace their 4.5 bedrooms apartment with something smaller, newer and easier to clean, close to the beach, close to nature trails. The only problem with that is where is my dad going to fit all those books of his ;)

Anyway, I only did LIIT today because after we got back I fell asleep and woke up with a bit of sore neck. Nothing too serious but it's very annoying.

LIIT day 30

No Sugar challenge day 17 done
No Junk Food challenge day 17 done
No Salt challenge day 20 done

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thank you @manuela @Fremen @Matan @Mianevem @Tileenah @CODawn @BetaCorvi @JCU

I took it easy again today with my neck, though it's better I also stubbed my right pinky this morning and there's a tiny cut. My neck triggered a migraine... but it's gone now.
As for nutrition, I technically ate junk food today. it was a beyond meat burger in white flower burger buns so I either need to start that one over again or just go back a few days. What do you think?
No Sugar challenge day 18
No Salt challenge day 21

Tricep Dips challenge day 1
Cardio challenge day 1

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I took it easy again today with my neck, though it's better I also stubbed my right pinky this morning and there's a tiny cut. My neck triggered a migraine... but it's gone now.
As for nutrition, I technically ate junk food today. it was a beyond meat burger in white flower burger buns so I either need to start that one over again or just go back a few days. What do you think?
I would finish the challenge 2 days later, it seems like a fair exchange, double the effort for just one mistake ;)

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Done cardio and triceps dips challenges up to day 3 but I had a holiday meal with my sister's fiance family last night so the no sugar challenge is bust.
I think I'll go back to day 15 with both sugar and junk food..

Now for the whole story if you're interested:

His family is so nice and funny. They have a big enough balcony to have a Sukkah and we all set there... he has his mom, two sisters, one nephew and one niece and one brother in-law. His dad died a year ago from cancer.
His mom made a ton of vegetarian stuff because of me... for some reason people always freak out when they have to make food for vegetarians (my sister hadn't told them I'm vegan so I went along with it) but most of the meal was vegetarian anyway. In order to not offend his mom I tried to eat enough of everything. Luckily everything was amazing but it was still a lot. And then they brought out traditional sweets which were all Turkish and Moroccan and there was no way I was going to miss out on that. Sugar challenge 30 days=failed... oh well it was worth it.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
I'd have trouble resisting some of those meals , so it is not a fail for the challenge, but an partial success, I'd say ;) I cannot resist a quality baklava with honey (no sugar syrup though, by pity!), pistachios and nuts. Dad grew up in Morroco, and makes different tagines, so tasty... My favorite is chicken, lemon and almonds.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
If you've watched the video from yesterday with the red car being shot, tiny bit of good news. The children survived the shooting and were lead to safety.