12-month weight loss program

herculix

Hi,
I am very overweight and have set myself the goal of losing 10kg in 6 months. I am 55. In recent weeks I have started swimming Mon, Wed, Fri and walking Tue, Thu, Sat. Sunday I rest up. I want to add some strength/cardio training and am really impressed with the Darebee workouts and programs. I used to be very active in sports, but haven't been for many years so I need to start easy. Looking ahead I'd like to develop a 12-month program, completing a slightly more difficult program each month. So far, beginning with month one, I have: Square One, Foundation Light, Foundation, Baseline. Am I on the right track there, and can anyone suggest how I might progress with the next eight programs?
Many thanks,
Keith

Nitrous828

Jedi from United States
"May The Force Be With You!"
Hi,
I am very overweight and have set myself the goal of losing 10kg in 6 months. I am 55. In recent weeks I have started swimming Mon, Wed, Fri and walking Tue, Thu, Sat. Sunday I rest up. I want to add some strength/cardio training and am really impressed with the Darebee workouts and programs. I used to be very active in sports, but haven't been for many years so I need to start easy. Looking ahead I'd like to develop a 12-month program, completing a slightly more difficult program each month. So far, beginning with month one, I have: Square One, Foundation Light, Foundation, Baseline. Am I on the right track there, and can anyone suggest how I might progress with the next eight programs?
Many thanks,
Keith

@herculix welcome to the hive! and congrats on making the great decision of taking control of your life and health! you are on the right path! I wish you all the best!

the programs you mentioned are a great start, take your time and don't rush the progress.

to answer your question, each of the programs you mentioned has a 3 level difficulty that you can utilize, so you could do all of them on level 1 then go over them on level 2 then level 3, that should cover your 12 months that you were wondering about, and after that you can easily advance to some other programs depending on what you want to focus on.

I hope this answers your question and helps you with your journey

Last edited:

herculix

@herculix welcome to the hive! and congrats on making the great decision of taking control of your life and health! you are on the right path! I wish you all the best!

the programs you mentioned are a great start, take your time and don't rush the progress.

to answer your question, each of the programs you mentioned has a 3 level difficulty that you can utilize, so you could do all of them on level 1 then go over them on level 2 then level 3, that should cover your 12 months that you were wondering about, and after that you can easily advance to some other programs depending on what you want to focus on.

I hope this answers your question and helps you with your journey
Thanks for your advice. That is something I considered. However, my concern is that I'd get bored doing the same exercise program for 3 months (albeit with more reps). Also, it would focus on the same muscles for 3 months. Hence my progressive exercise change approach :)

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose weight

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!

herculix

Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose weight

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!
Thanks. I'll look into those. Might be an idea to start with the easier programs and move to your suggestions after I've completed Baseline in month 4...

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
@herculix :

Welcome to the Hive, Keith!

I would suggest starting with one program and see how it goes. Any of the programs you've listed would be great for a first program.

I will note that Foundation Light includes floorwork. There are days that will require you to kneel, sit, or lie on your back, side, and/or front on the floor. Both Baseline and Square One are exclusively standing exercises or exercises done sitting in a chair. If you take a look at the PDF for each program, you can quickly scroll through and see all the exercises for the program, which may help you to better decide which one to do first.

Once you get near the end of your first program, you will have a better sense as to whether you want to progress to a Level 2 program, or do another of the Level 1 programs. Twelve months from now, who knows how far you will have progressed!

melm

Honeybee from Texas, USA
Consider also checking out the Daily Dare when you want something different, workout of the day, or monthly challenge. If it looks like something you want to do that day, try it.