Before & After

ajkrouse

Spartan from NYC
"Getting better day by day"
I think it would be fantastic if our community could establish a forum dedicated to sharing before-and-after pictures. Personally, I often struggle with deciding which program or regimen to follow, and seeing visual transformations through before and after photos is incredibly helpful. This idea might be worth considering.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
Yeah, we had a dedicated subforum for this on the old Hive. Some other members posted their progress, too. @Laura Rainbow Dragon posted her very impressive transformation and how she got there. Others, too, but those I still remember aren't on the new Hive, or they use different usernames.
But it used to be a thing.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Yep. The sub-forum was a bit hidden away, because Fitspo is not DAREBEE's thing. We cheer each other on here. And I did like having the record of my own transformation, which I worked hard for. But I think the DAREBEE team recognizes that Fitspo images are not inspiring to everyone, and can be demotivating to some. Hence approaching the topic with care.

My personal journey, which I shared in the sub-forum, was the process and results of a full year of caloric restriction and working out every day. Not everyone is capable of or interested in doing that. Also: not everyone who does that will have the same results. Fitness comes in many shapes and sizes. Forums dedicated to transformation photos have a tendency to suggest otherwise (largely as a result of people with certain body types having a tendency to feel more comfortable about posting images of their bodies, which results in an overabundance of photos of those specific body types, which serves to magnify the trend.)

The above being said, you are certainly welcome to post photographs of your own progress in your own check-in thread. We will cheer you on as you work towards your own, personal, fitness goals!

Have you tried the Programs Filter and Workouts Filter on DAREBEE? These will help you to choose appropriate workouts based on your own training goals and current fitness level, and provide much better guidance in this regard than photographs of someone else's results from any given program. There's also a filter for the Challenges. Alternatively (or additionally) you can try posting any questions you have about choosing a program/workout regimen in the Help Desk forum. There are many friendly and helpful Bees in the Hive who will try to help you out (particularly if you include specifics of your personal goals and current starting point.)

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
I still think it was a good category. Mostly because I can go everywhere on the 'net to look at fit transformations that always look the same. Most often these days filtered to hell and back and full of angle-frauding. I think folks at Darebee are a bit more honest, and also post pictures that aren't "Instagram-worthy".
They also showed pretty well that you can actually achieve something with Darebee workouts and programmes. The old sub-forum showcased honest results, or milestones, and I think that was pretty cool.

Sundance

Duelist Posts: 205
On the old hive, I posted pictures of my transformation with Darebee on my personal training log and created a record about the NIP diet. It was motivating for me to document my results with Darebee and see the transformation possible with Darebee. It is/was part of my journey, but at the same time, I thought it documented what I achieved with Darebee. Results which I didn't think possible before I started with Darebee :ss: