Beginning of the Middle

redawl

from United States
Hi members of the hive!

My name is redawl, and I have been following DareBee workouts since late June of this year. I have been making a lot of progress, and but I figured it was time I start writing down my progress somewhere. I have been meaning to get more into writing, and I figured this is a casual way to start a consistent habit.

So far, I started by following the PPL weight lifting program. Once I completed that, I moved on to Ironborn. Now, I am following the PPL workout plan. I have had a couple slipups recently (missing leg days), but am still in the best shape I have been in in years, and this is the longest streak of consistent exercise I have ever achieved!

My current routine is:
Wednesday: Push
Friday: Pull
Sunday: Legs

My largest challenge is my diet. I eat way too much food (mostly for dinner when my SO makes delicious food). I wish it was as easy to create a meal plan as it is to create a workout plan! However I have still not figured out to make this work yet.

Besides diet, I would also like to add cardio to my routine. I have tried running, but I have struggled to stay consistent with that so far. I am thinking about setting a goal for myself, like running in a half marathon, but have not committed to this yet.

Anyway, enough rambling. Today, I did my leg workout after having missed it last week:

Squats4 sets10 reps30 lbs
Reverse lunge4 sets5 reps20 lbs
Calf Raises4 sets16 reps 40 lbs
Goblet Squat4 sets10 reps30 lbs
Single Leg Deadlift4 sets6 reps30 lbs

redawl

from United States
Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!
I was feeling sick yesterday (I have been overworking myself because of a tough deadline at work), but even though I still feel rough this morning, I was able to get in a full workout. In the past, this has been the end of a workout routine, so I am very proud of myself for this.

On bad side, my SO had to go into work on Monday, so there was no one around to stop me from eating poorly. I had chips for breakfast, and ordered takeout pizza for dinner. This was a good reminder that I still rely on others to prevent me from my bad health choices :(. I still have a lot to work on in that area.

Today was PPL Push:
Lateral Raise4 sets6 reps 20 lbs
Bent Over Lateral Raise4 sets6 reps25 lbs
Tricep Kickbacks4 sets6 reps25 lbs
Chest Fly4 sets8 reps35 lbs
Chest Press4 sets10 reps35 lbs

redawl

from United States
Hello everyone,

Still feeling a little under the weather, but much better than I was feeling on Wednesday. Also, my work deadline passed yesterday, so I am feeling a lot better mentally.

Today was PPL Pull:
Bicep Curl4 sets8 reps30 lbs
Bent Over Row4 sets8 reps 35 lbs
Upright Row4 sets8 reps35 lbs
Shoulder Shrug4 sets10 reps45 lbs
Renegade Row4 sets8 reps 40 lbs

redawl

from United States
Hello everyone, I am back after missing my leg workout on Sunday :(

For some reason, I hate leg day with a passion. Push and pull I love, because after the workout, I feel amazing! With legs, I feel awful afterwords for some reason.

Oh well, here is what I did today for Push:
Bent Over Lateral Raise4 sets 6 reps 25 lbs
Tricep Kickbacks4 sets 6 reps 25 lbs
Chest Fly4 sets10 reps35 lbs
Chest Press4 sets10 reps 35 lbs

redawl

from United States
Hello everyone,
I still haven't figured out how to motivate myself for leg day, skipped it again. I am thinking that maybe moving leg day to a work day like my other workouts will help.

Today was Push:
Bent Over Lateral Raise4 sets6 reps25 lbs
Tricep Kickbacks4 sets6 reps25 lbs
Chest Fly4 sets10 reps35 lbs
Chest Press4 sets10 reps35 lbs