Extreme heat zones, weather and excercise

facuzayas

Gladiator from Buenos Aires, Argentina
"“Go straight to the seat of intelligence–your own, the world's, your neighbors.”"
Hi bees! I've recently thinking about my situation..

Here in Argentina, in both provinces I live (Misiones and Buenos Aires), the thermal sensation is about 40°Celsius (about 104°F) and is pretty difficult to train..

Are there some best practices for trainning (and by the way, resting) for better results? or at least for mantaining a routine to improve? (in my case, endurance and muscle hipertrophy)

i.e: it is better to reduce the amount of time with the AC, or the exposure make us more resistants, or any advice.

Thank bees!!

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I live in Venezuela, so high temperatures are normal (though not so much the humidity). Aside from the guide that's been linked by @PetiteSheWolf , the obvious thing to do is to keep yourself hydrated while training. With high temperatures you're sweating more, especially if you go for high intensity and long times. Take proper rests, and listen to your body. If the heat is too overwhelming, you can either stop, or lower the intensity. If you start getting light-headed, you should definitely stop. Hope this helps.

Nitrous828

Jedi from United States
"May The Force Be With You!"
Hi bees! I've recently thinking about my situation..

Here in Argentina, in both provinces I live (Misiones and Buenos Aires), the thermal sensation is about 40°Celsius (about 104°F) and is pretty difficult to train..

Are there some best practices for trainning (and by the way, resting) for better results? or at least for mantaining a routine to improve? (in my case, endurance and muscle hipertrophy)

i.e: it is better to reduce the amount of time with the AC, or the exposure make us more resistants, or any advice.

Thank bees!!
@facuzayas I hear you loud and clear, it gets as hot as 120 f where I live in the summer, and the 110-115 is a normal July here, that's way too hot for any outdoor activity, yet I counter that by training at dawn, just before sunrise, at that time the weather is at its coolest, it could be anywhere between 75-85 degrees at that time, to be able to achieve that I make sure I go to sleep around 9pm

Last edited: