Just another training log

Shouyu

from Michigan
I have definitely lurked and used Darebee for quite some time to do some training. However, I think I am well past the stage to keep track of what it is I am doing and making sure I keep myself accountable.

The other thing I want to see myself doing is record my progress. It is easy to forget how far you have come when when your advancement stagnates; so here I am at what I will call Day 0.

Here is my current plan (December 2, 2022)
Challenge: Better Legs - Day 18
Challenge: Daily Cardio - Day 18
Program: 90 days of Action - II - Day 18

Completed:
Challenge: Before Breakfast Cardio
Program Foundation - III

Stay tuned future me.

Last edited:

Fremen

Mercenary from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome
:)

Shouyu

from Michigan
I have definitely lurked and used Darebee for quite some time to do some training. However, I think I am well past the stage to keep track of what it is I am doing and making sure I keep myself accountable.

The other thing I want to see myself doing is record my progress. It is easy to forget how far you have come when when your advancement stagnates; so here I am at what I will call Day 0.

Here is my current plan (November 12, 2022)
Before Breakfast Cardio (day 30) - complete
Foundation (day 30) - complete level III
Exercise of the Day

These routines will soon reach the end of the program and my goal is to replace it with some new ones.

Stay tuned future me.
November 13, 2022

Took a while for me to come up with what was next. Perhaps I should start browsing in advance of the day of when I complete challenges and programs.

Here is the new menu:
Challenge: Better Legs
Challenge: Daily Cardio
Program: 90 days of Action - II

Goals change over time and right now my short term goals are to complete these challenges and programs.

Outside of exercise, I'll be looking at improving my eating habits and ensure my shopping habits support it. Keeping vegetables fresh has always been a challenge and this might cause me to make multiple trips to the shops in order to ensure I always have a steady stream of vegetables coming into the body.

The past week was a bad week for carb intake. I would describe it as atypical, but I will have to challenge myself to do better this week as that is what I have control over.

For weekly updates I think I'll track the following starting from when I first started the thread:
Training Consecutive Day Streak: 3
Weight Delta (Gain +/Loss -/Net 0): 0

I might add more to this as things go along, but we'll see how it goes.

Shouyu

from Michigan
November 20, 2022

One week in and still going strong. It has been a long time since I challenged a "high burn" type of workout regimen. It feels so far like a good reset. My only gripe is that I am reminded that I definitely have a weak core that at some point I will need to overcome or maybe just try to put more attention into training those muscle groups.

Exercise habit, I'm probably super solid. The goal is to keep looking at potential gaps in my current habit. I would say I feel pretty good about it so far.

Food habits, I think I could have done better this week. What was good? Definitely was able to manage to get several servings of vegetables in this week. Some of this was helped by doing more meal prep this week than I did in previous weeks. Fruits was more of a challenge as there seemed to be not as many good or fresh options available at the nearby grocery stores. However definitely did my best to try to use fruits as more of a snack source. I guess the random food shortages kind of affects a lot of the different fresh produce I try to buy. With American Thanksgiving coming up, this will probably prove to be even more of a challenge as everyone will be buying up all of the fruit and vegetables as we get closer to the end of the week.

Weekly Update:
Training Consecutive Day Streak: 10
Weight Delta (Gain +/Loss -/Net 0): 0

I definitely appreciate the love and support the Hive has provided so far. Thank you for checking in!

Shouyu

from Michigan
November 24, 2022

Given the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States I thought today might be a good time to post a short mid-week check-in.

We are still going strong with consistent exercise. This is definitely a plus. There are days that feel harder than others, but I am still managing to persevere and hit every rep and set I schedule for myself.

American Thanksgiving and overeating kind of go hand in hand. Today will be more of an exercise in self-control and trying my best not to get swept up into that activity. Afterall, I have other things I have to do later on in the day.

Mid-week Update Summary:
Training Consecutive Day Streak: 14
Weight Delta (Gain +/Loss -/Net 0): Didn't measure today. Will check Sunday.

Thank you for the check-in and hope to have the next one on Sunday.

To those of you celebrating in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!

Shouyu

from Michigan
November 28, 2022

Well, I fell off the horse. The important thing is to get back onto the horse. What caused me to break the chain? I moved to a new home. Between Saturday and Sunday I could not find the time nor energy to start or complete the workouts. Each day ended with a full body sore. Essentially lots of squats, lots of overhead presses, farmer carries, etc. At least I was not sitting around being lazy and not working out because I gave up.

If anything what was demonstrated for me this weekend was the amount of energy and stamina that enabled me to essentially marathon 16 hour days of painting followed by moving and unpacking with no break. The exercise definitely pays dividends in this respect. As things normalize, back to the routine.

Thanksgiving since family holidays usually spark some transient weight gain. What I will say is that I did not eat to stuff myself into a coma, but I could have done better. I could have gone without the extra beer. I think we always know we can do better and this is healthy as it drives us to keep ourselves in check. Sure, it sucks to say no thank you to the other piece of pie or to another serving of side dishes.

Weekly Update:
Longest Tracked Streak: 15
Training Consecutive Day Streak: 1
Weight Delta (Gain +/Loss -/Net 0): <my scale hasn't been unpacked yet, should be set for the next update>