Meditation Room

Heniek

Warrior Monk Posts: 170
"Go Henry - Live, lift, learn and grow - Never quit - Dave Draper"
I first got into meditation practice when I started Sivananda Yoga 1973, we did candle gazing back then. 1979 with starting Tai Chi Chuan we did standing mediation, 15 minutes. 2005 in Aikido it was kneeling (sieza) Zen meditation, I also studied with a Tibetan monk and more Yoga studios. So I'm well into the practice.

ZSS_1663588495.jpg

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
A very important tool to help unite body and mind, and keep focus and calm! Thanks for reminding, @neilarey and @Heniek .
I use breath control, but also visualisation, point-to-point breathing, and simple chakra alignment. I tried cardiac coherency (3 times a day 5 minutes 5 breaths/minute), but my heart rate refused to go down. Guess it's a remnant of all that my heart has been through, so no biggie. But the effect on anxiety / nervosity was very clear and good, though.

PETERMORRIS966

Scout from Alberta Canada
About 4 years ago I started meditating, using a mediation app on my iPhone. It started with one minute sessions, which at that time seemed to last forever. It was really a strange experience for me. Now I really enjoy my practise & I try to do it daily. I find mediation helps me control stress & calm my mind.

Nevetharine

Commando from Prometheus Cloud Galaxy
Pronouns: She/her
I try to make meditation a daily thing these days. At least 20 minutes if I can.

I like doing the Empty Bowl Meditation and the So-Hum meditation.

I also like meditating on a single word, meant to be an intention for the day. For example - Stability.

I haven't turned it into a solid habit yet but I do love the feeling I get when I eventually manage to quiet my mind. It feels like resting.

It's even more restful than sleep to me, because my sleep is pretty disturbed. I get up at least four times during the night and my mind never shuts up. I know people are supposed to dream, but it feels tiring to me.

So having nothing but silence inside myself and just focusing on a single thing is so soothing.:worship: