New to Darebee, no idea what is good

Zdan

Spartan from Madeira Island
Hi, im new to the website and im out of shape.
i have dumbells, pull up bar, dip bars and pushup handles all that i bought as a package second hand, i need to lose weight and gain strength but there are so many programs on the website that i have no idea what to pick

im a 46 year old male with very low muscle mass and around 10 kilos overweight

if someone could point me to a good program that would be nice

Thank you for your time

Menachem79

Mystic Posts: 12
"Foundation: Level 3 | Core Strength: Level 1"
I’m in a similar position. Not sure about my muscle mass but I am overweight and out of shape. I don’t have any equipment either, but I know myself well enough that they’d hardly be used.

I found that the Foundation program is a very good start. Through the course of the program you would get a full body workout.

There are also add-on programs available to do concurrently if you want to emphasize certain muscle groups, such as abs or arms, but I would suggest to at least complete one course of Foundation before adding or moving on.

***EDIT***

I forgot to mention, even though Foundation is no equipment, certain exercises can be modified to be used with equipment as well.

Last edited:

oneironaut

Alchemist from Astral Sea
"Are you dreaming?"
Hi, im new to the website and im out of shape.
i have dumbells, pull up bar, dip bars and pushup handles all that i bought as a package second hand, i need to lose weight and gain strength but there are so many programs on the website that i have no idea what to pick

im a 46 year old male with very low muscle mass and around 10 kilos overweight

if someone could point me to a good program that would be nice

Thank you for your time

For strength, I can't recommend IRONBORN enough. I couldn't figure out how to get started with my dumbbells until I found it and I've been looping through it ever since. It's helped me build muscle/strength for running which is my main hobby but also keeps me looking toned.

One perk of building muscle mass is that you'll burn more calories all day to maintain that mass. If you are just starting you will see gains pretty quickly.

Zdan

Spartan from Madeira Island
For strength, I can't recommend IRONBORN enough. I couldn't figure out how to get started with my dumbbells until I found it and I've been looping through it ever since. It's helped me build muscle/strength for running which is my main hobby but also keeps me looking toned.

One perk of building muscle mass is that you'll burn more calories all day to maintain that mass. If you are just starting you will see gains pretty quickly.
the 3 that caught my attention were Ironborn, Ironheart and Bootbamp