No Where Around the Average

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Thanks @Nanna Io @Froud but I think I over sold it. It's not bad but my inability to wake up on time and eat better and general mess in life is making things worse.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Not much to report today. I woke up late but still did 50 push ups while the water were heating.
Got back late, like half an hour ago and started playing with Chelsea. During which I completed another 50 push ups.
That mango is mine :dead:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks again guys :happy:
Another 100 push ups today so only 100 remaining for the mango (it sounds like secret code does it not?)
I also managed to catch up on some dead hang challenge days, up to day 14th.

It's interesting how I get completely useless when being watched, like at work. In stuff I already know I get defensive, say I will check and afterwards it usually turns out I was in the right but I still need time to make sure.. however, in stuff I'm only learning it's horrible. I make the most stupid mistakes and I feel like I need to apologize for everything.

I also haven't been keeping up with your posts people. It helped me feel better in the past but now I hardly have the time. Like with exercise, I know that keeping updated with you guys is so helpful but I just can't keep up.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
There is nothing wrong with not having the time or desire to do certain "optional" things, the first thing I do in times of crisis is to cut everything I can in order to regain time and energy and then choose what to do :love:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thursday I overslept again and showed up late to work again... Since I have aĺ my regular stuff and I'm learning someone else's role, I was there for 11 hours trying to finish everything. I came home and slept for 13 hours..
But, yesterday I did the last 100 push ups for the mango and I had about 1 hour walk outside for errands.
Today I got a family event- two birthdays (10 and 12 year olds) and after that I'll probably be too tired again.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks everyone. It's the most exercise I've done in two weeks or so.

Had a family birthday party today, lots of food, lots of cake and lots of kids. The 15th and 13th year olds are already taller than me... the younger ones are very small ☺

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
My cousin's daughter acted up a bit before blowing the candles off her cake because I got her The Hobbit and she wanted to go into her room and read it. I'm so happy 😊
I got her cousin, who also has his birthday in December, a dragon necklace. He's such a cute kid. He and his brother and sister are not legally related to us but because my cousin and her husband moved in together around the same time my cousin, husband's sister gave birth to her first child, I've known them since the beginning. I only see them 3 or 4 times a year but because they've known me all they're lives, they are respectful and loving each time I see them. It became clearer as they got older that they consider me, my sister and our parents as an integral part of their extended family but, I still think it's somewhat of a miracle. Is that strange?

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
I don't exactly understand how the relation is you want to describe, but I know the feeling of having family that's not related by blood. I have a best friend who I practically grew up with, and know her family well (not only her parents, but also her aunts/uncles, grandparents, etc), and she feels like family to me.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I'm still at work... it's late. I need to win the lottery or something

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Brutus is a retired military dog (with a big scar and PTSD), Pixie is the kitten (naive and hyperactive) his family adopts, and well... He has a new mission in protecting her :happy:. It's adorable!
I looked it up and remembered that I have seen it before. Thank you for reminding me 😊

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I'm so lame. My manager called when I was still getting ready, I didn't hear it so obviously did not answer so he sent a text message, asking something technical so I answered from the bus but then he asked if I was at the office-that was 20 past 9... it took me a while to answer but I was like "in about 5 minutes". Apparently he's working from home today because 1 of his 3 kids is sick (I can't show up on time because my home is quiet and the cat loves to cuddle in the morning 😖)

I got in and it turned out that a spending report I sent yesterday has a 100k NIS gap in it...

I can't see why they would want to renew my contract or give me a recommendation for another job... 🙄

Last edited:

oneironaut

Alchemist from Astral Sea
"Are you dreaming?"
In my line of work the sooner you discover and fix an error the better. They're never fun to look at or fix but it's best to just acknowledge them, address them, and move on. Try not to let a mistake at work shape your self perception because you are awesome and worthy of your job (plus you are a lot more than your job). When I find myself in similar situations I find it important to flip my sorrow and apologetic nature to gratitude to those who are helping and avoid saying sorry unless it was something I had done intentionally because everyone makes mistakes.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Thanks @NancyTree @PetiteSheWolf
@oneironaut that's sounds advise. Be grateful instead of apologetic. And I know some mistakes cannot be avoided. But, in this case it's a string of minor mistakes and a longer string of being late.
I really wasn't made for administration 😕