No Where Around the Average

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I strongly believe in learning from mistakes, even if the only thing being learnt is that you're not cut out for some particular line of work. That's something you have to find out, too, and sometimes it can be painful.
That being said, I've just recovered from working 10 days frantically putting something I had to do at work away from me. It's even more embarrassing because I had the whole last year to do that. At least I work for myself, but mistakes happen. Some are big, some are small, some are critical, and some are blown out of proportion. And often enough other people forget that they make mistakes, too, and treat others like they're somehow worse people.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Thank you @lofivelcro @PetiteSheWolf @Giant48

I just need to do my best without feeling sorry for myself even though the situation is a bit complicated.

I was at a funeral for a colleague's mother today. I really like that colleague so it was horrible watching her cry but within all the sorrow I couldn't help noticing how embarrassing I am. Other people from work were there and I am fat, poorly dressed and have a herpes scab on my chin from the past week... I don't even know ehat I'm trying to say. Her mom passed away last night after she had been sick for a few years so the message only went out this morning (Jewish funerals- you can't keep the dead waiting) so since I'm not a relative I didn't feel awfully sorrowful but bad enough to feel bad for my friend, then I get there and I'm too self conscious.
Know what I mean?

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I agree with @oneironaut and @PetiteSheWolf 100%. Mistakes happen. When you make one, you acknowledge, you fix, you thank everyone who helped you to find and fix the mistake, you put into place a system to prevent that mistake from happening again, then you move on. You are not your mistakes.

Funerals are hard. The only thing that matters is that you showed up to support your colleague who is grieving.

:hug:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
hug1.gif

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Thank you @JohnStrong @Laura Rainbow Dragon
I took your advice and it worked very well, on my manager anyway. The colleague I'm replacing will be back from her vacation next week though and there will be more issues for sure. It's not my regular job so as long as I won't eF up majorly it shouldn't be too bad. I have managed to make it in time to the office this week (well, 3 out 4 days is good) so that's something. Chelsea has less cuddle time in the morning because of it...

I went to the last day of Shiva this evening which wasn't the best time to go. My colleague who lost her mom is from a Yemenite family and for the 7th day of mourning (the last one) they have a huge prayer followed by a meal. It's okay to show up if you're not family or a close friend but it's considered untactful (if that's a word- auto correct couldn't pick it up...). My family is "European" on both my parent's sides and my "half" North African cousins are actually "European" religiously speaking because my dad's brother married my aunts (twice divorced) we do it differently. The meal is at the end of 30 days after the funeral.. that's not really the point. I am just awkward, that's the point and I need to vent and that's not the only unpleasant thing that happened today but I'm over that because I vented to someone else (thank you again btw 😊).

I really appreciate all of you guys for supporting me with kind words and virtual hugs and likes even though I'm way too busy and I only seem to have energy when I'm complaining. I hope I can offer my words to others soon.

Last edited:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Hugs, continue to keep your head up, bravo for 3 days out of 4 on time, and lavish Chelsea with cuddles in the evening :happy: Mademoiselle Luna adds her purrs.
Thanks for the purrs :mhearts:Chelsea likes playing after sundown and she's cuddly in the morning but I'll try. It's 3 out of 5 now but it wasn't major, just 15 minutes.

Next week I'll probably have to listen to a lot of complaining and try to answer a lot of questions but I don't have to do the invoices anymore.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I have decided to start a new check in where hopefully I will only talk about fitness and nutrition related stuff. It might help me keep my focus on self improvement.
I have done some sporadic workouts and if I finish those programs I will post about it.