Onwards and, well, onwards!

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Hello Hive!
I used to spend quite a lot of time here at the hive, and hope to reintegrate it into my life.
(for any of you long-timers, yes I am they of the owl pictures)
My fitness went solidly to Hades in 2019, and it has been a very slow process of clawing any of it back.

But I keep coming back to this place!
I remember all the support and advice to be found here, and perhaps I am ready to return.

With a lot more life-experience and a fair few more diagnoses under my belt,
my biggest struggle will be to allow myself to take it easy and recover when I need to.

I have been meaning to actually follow the lower difficulty programmes, but it's been difficult to stay motivated.
I hope that logging my progress here will help in that!

So :hellothere: Hive, I am back!
Let's sing some songs and prod some buttock!

Maegaranthelas

Oct 22nd:
Hero's Journey day 2
Gentle Yoga workout
A short walk when it wasn't rainy
And 20 Jump Squats to defend the Hive!
(And a fair bit of floor-trolling to draft patterns and cut fabric)

Not sure I will be completing Hero's Journey, as it is a higher level programme. Maybe I should start a very low-key one as well :)

Maegaranthelas

:thanku: @Mamatigerj and @colin

It has been a lot of downs and ups, but I'm pretty stable now so I would really like to get stronger again =D

And besides my general fitness, I would also really like to improve my vocal strength and stamina.
I really love singing but I have never been very good at belting. Maybe I should track that here as well :love:

Maegaranthelas

October 23:
before bed I did Vitality days 1&2
I started my day with EotD: 40 high crunches
100 front kicks to defend the Hive
Hero's Journey
day 3: Hammer and Ring.
I am bad at planks so I should do them more often :p knees down for the elbow planks for now :LOL:

Singing: Did a nice bit of morning voice practice. Gotta try those low notes when I can :p

I may be avoiding my sewing by doing more exercise :tap:
Hero's Journey day 4. Bent knees for the leg raises due to unstable SI-joints, parachutes instead of supermans due to ditto shoulders.
another 100 kicks to Defend the Hive

A lot of floor trolling, and a bit of singing!

Edit: Oh, and I went on a half-an-hour walk to the pharmacy and back. I even got to pet the bus stop cat :lovely:

Last edited:

Maegaranthelas

October 24
Defending the Hive: 100 punches and 100 overhead punches
Then I got confused and did one set of Zero Hero day 5, which is the wrong programme xD
Hero's Journey day 5: had to go quite shallow on the lunges due to hip instability, but I did actually do forward lunges which I usually chickened out of. I'm so bad at any kind of jumps though :')
Vitality days 3&4
EotD: 40 hop heel clicks in one go
Better Sleep yoga workout

Maegaranthelas

October 26
Hero's Journey day 7. Thankfully only 4 sets, due to my previous choice. Turns out I cannot currently do plank-jump-ins from the floor, but I did them from the seat of a low chair. Better than nothing =D
Vitality day 6

Also I am kinda bored/avoiding my sewing work so I looked up a bunch of easy challenges. Let's see how long I can keep these up every day
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio, though in my case that one could be renamed 'Difficult Shoulders':chuckle:
I'm pretty sure that one is first on the list to be dropped or postponed. But who knows, maybe this is the missing link to prevent my arms from falling out :p

Also, the past week I have been practicing the chorus to Leprous' On Hold. I am sure my neighbours are sick of it already xD
But it feels so good when you get the right balance on the power singing and the smooth transition into head voice.

Edit: I also did Vitality day 7 :moves:

Last edited:

Maegaranthelas

October 27
Somehow managed to do all of them in short succession!
Hero's Journey and Vitality day 8
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 2
I also did the Better Sleep yoga workout because I had the tab open and I wanted something slightly stretchy.

First time in ages I actually activated the old workout playlist :chicken:
Now I think I am overdue some, uh, brunch at this point in the day :p

Maegaranthelas

Ended up doing a reasonable amount of walking yesterday as well!

October 28
Feeling a little under the weather today, so I am skipping Hero's Journey for now, as that one really is a massive challenge at the moment.
Vitality day 9
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 3

Maegaranthelas

October 29
Still not feeling up to jumping, but I felt well enough to do a little extra
Vitality days 10 & 11
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 4
I was inspired by the daily workout, Body Flow, but did it shorter. 20secs instead of 30, and only one set.
I would really like to get better at this one though, might be good to keep in my rotation.
Also, maybe a squishy 2cm exercise mat is challenging my balance a little more :singlehop:

Maegaranthelas

October 30
Quite a busy day so had to move my workout to late in the evening.
Struggled my way through Hero's Journey day 9, with 200 quite shallow jump squats.
Vitality was a lot more pleasant except my legs were jelly xD
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 5
I ended the session with

Maegaranthelas

October 31
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 6
Vitality days 13 & 14

I thought I might do something else after and promptly forgot :p my brain has been on the fritz today, I was supposed to have a nice day of sewing but nope, nothing was good enough for this cranium of wet noodles xD

Maegaranthelas

November 2
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Days 8 (and 7 for those I didn't manage yesterday)
Vitality day 15
Had a good session of Shower Singing =D
Actually made it through the chorus of You're The Voice multiple times before my voice started giving out, that's progress :chuckle:

Maegaranthelas

Hihi, it was indeed very metal, Colin :bigyes:
Lord of the Lost and Damian Wilson's "One Knight Only" in one week is exhausting but oh so much fun! LotL were delightfully sparkly, and I got to hug Damian again, he is one of my favourite humans and such an amazing singer. A whole lot of fantastic musicians this week!

November 4
My exercise mostly consisted of walking and posing, as a friend and I took part in a self-made fashion show for a fabric store I frequent. We were utterly exhausted but it was so much fun! And we kinda stole the show, to the delight of all the organisers.
Programme-wise I kept to just Easy Arms day 10

colin

Bard from Wales
Pronouns: He/Him
"Starting again"
I had some singing lessons earlier this year Maega. I was given some as a present. I am a bad singer! (I'm not just saying this, I was not very good!) I'm still a not very good singer, but I certainly improved from the lessons. I hope you continue to enjoy your singing, I'm sure it's very good for us.

Maegaranthelas

Luckily being good is not the main point of singing @colin but having fun :pose:
I'm a pretty good singer if I am being realistic about it, but in some aspects I am crushingly insecure about it xD
I really want to take lessons again, but it's kinda difficult when there's nothing in my town and I don't travel well.
And I am not very confident with technology, so I have not yet dared to try an online thing either :bored:

November 9
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 15
Vitality days 21 & 22
I was feeling energetic enough to do something else, but frankly I am at a point where Hero's Journey just looks like a slog.
It's a good challenge if I want to push my limits, but that's not actually feasible for my day-to-day. So let's switch it up!
Totals days 1 & 2. There, that was actually fun and still took some effort!

Today was mainly knitting.
I was planning on doing other things but suddenly it was really late and I had made a lot of progress on my vintage sweater vest ^_^

Edit: I also did a variation on the Serenity yoga workout, subbing out the duplicate poses for whatever pose I felt I needed.

Last edited:

Maegaranthelas

November 10
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 16
Vitality days 23 & 24
Totals day 3

ooooh I am so bad at push-ups and really anything involving shoulder stability xD
I can't do even half the Reverse Angels motion without my right shoulder in particular clicking all the time; I need to figure out what to do about that.

Maegaranthelas

November 11
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, and Easy Cardio Day 17
will catch up on abs tomorrow, just too tired after all the rest today!
Walking for about 2,5 hours, it was finally a lovely day. Brought a thermos of tea but after the first hour it was a bit too cold out to sit and drink.
I also cycled to the farm to get some milk. yay small town living :p
I wanted pancakes so I had to go back into the cold, and they were worth it ^^

Maegaranthelas

November 12
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, and Easy Cardio Day 18
Easy Abs days 17 and 18.
Very busy and tiring day today, so I'm happy I managed to get through these.

I have had this song in my head for a few days now, so I think it's time to share. Maybe it will make someone else as happy as it does me. :lovely:

Maegaranthelas

November 16
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, and Easy Cardio Day 22
I wanted very much to finish Vitality, but my body did not agree. A little walk did happen though.

November 17
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, and Easy Cardio Day 23
still no space for floor exercises, but I suspect I'll catch up on the ab work in no time.
Vitality day 30 :celeb:
And my next programme has been chosen!
Foundation Light day 1

Maegaranthelas

November 20
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, and Easy Cardio Day 26
Easy Abs days 23, 25, and 26.

Busy day, but happy to have caught up on the abs now =)
It would have been nice to have it spaced out over a day, but nope, all in a row before bed xD

Maegaranthelas

November 21
Calves of Steel, Easy Arms, Easy Core, Easy Abs, and Easy Cardio Day 27
Foundation Light days 5 and 6
Totals day 5. I can actually do forward lunges =D they may not be the deepest, but I remember struggling so much with stepping out. yay progress :pose:

I will go do Muscle Recovery and get to bed.
edit: ooh, I believe I am now on a one-month exercise streak!