Redirecting My Focus on Health and Fitness

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 585
It's official: Back on physical therapy, bed rest, and that super-intense, mostly liquid diet that demands I half-starve so that my body doesn't swell up like a balloon, spasm, and split itself apart again... Still remembering that year-long hell that the doctors insisted would only last about 6 weeks... I caught the situation early this time... So, hopefully, it really will only last about six weeks... If it were simply an inflammatory condition, I'd be fine, but my body responds with such intense spasms that I literally turn myself inside out... It wasn't pretty... So, now, I'm gonna be a good girl and do as the doctor orders... I've learned to pay REALLY CLOSE attention to my body because of these tiny ordeals...

OJJJEM

Since I'm in that "I feel better, but that doesn't mean I am better" stage of healing, I decided to write out my everyday babysteps to help me focus on not doing more...

Mornings:
WAKE UP ON TIME
1) AM stretches and physical therapy
2) Study with seminary kids
3) Have some tea
4) 20 dishes (note: I don't have a dishwasher. So, I'm standing at the sink to wash them)
5) Prepare breakfast buffet (easy, grab-and-go fruits, breakfast bars, etc...)
REST

Mid-day:
1) Stretches and physical therapy
2) Have some tea
3) Pull out lunch ingredients and remind kids to get themselves some lunch (sandwiches, yogurt, pre-cut fruits and veggies)
4) Remind kids to do chores to earn PC time
5) Roblox with #5
6) Minecraft with #6
RESIST TEMPTATION TO MOVE AROUND TOO MUCH

Evenings: (moving backwards from the morning)
5) Prepare dinner (easy soup or pre-made frozen)
4) 20 dishes, assign the rest to someone else
3) Have some tea
2) Study more with seminary kids
1) PM stretches and physical therapy
GO TO BED ON TIME

As you can see, there's a lot of room in between where pretty much nothing happens, but at least I'm gaining back some mobility and control... Can't wait to start walking again without mega core spasms! Bright side: If my kids need me, I'm not goin' anywhere... HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

Took a brief evening walk before bed last night... Woke up a little tender around my hips. So, it was a bit too soon. Not gonna lie, though, If it were a matter of weighing out how good I felt being able to take my walk against the damage to my hips, I'd say yes all the way to walking... but I know that if I keep going based on how good walking feels, and ignore the smaller signals, I'll regret it later... So, another week of rest for me! Technically, it's supposed to be six weeks anyway...

OJJJEM

Was up and about all afternoon yesterday. Hips suffering, but far less than expected. Achilles tendons swollen, but no ruptured blood vessels in my feet or swollen feet and ankles... just that tendon bein' about the size of my heel! Needless to say, I absolutely am not allowed to move about too freely today. HAHAHA! Kids had fun, though, and that's what mattes most.

Also, this year's egg hunt inspired me to create an ultimate 13+ battle royale hunt next year... It'll be so intense that I'm gonna make people sign a waiver. Paintball capture the flag warzone style goodness! I've also gotten started on a design for a Fabergé landmine... Pick it up, and it triggers the release of a painted smoke bomb, creating collateral damage!:fireworks: And with a game this intense, prizes need to match... with a twist: Eggs that look to be of the highest value will be the most disappointing. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Well, I guess the entire game's a twist within a twist... BAHAHA!

I was inspired watching how the smaller kids ran through with a total hive mentality... They cleared the barnyard so quickly that the older kids gave them permission to join them in the vineyard. However, the older kids were sluggish in comparison, and the little ones cleaned them out in no time at all! Most remarkable of all was how, every time a small kid dropped their eggs, all of the other young ones would pause what they were doing, swarm around them like some protective shield to pick up the eggs for their little comrade, then scatter back onto the field. It was remarkable teamwork. They were brutal, though... some of the younger kids had over 20 eggs, while many older kids couldn't even reach half that. Made me realize just how much our teens aren't being challenged anymore... This was my answer! :devil:

OJJJEM

Feelin' sick today...

Finally weighed myself again... Bed rest brought me back to 280lbs. I've been walking the past couple days in the hopes of bringing it down, but my hips aren't happy. I guess, getting sick is a blessing in disguise for my hips... HAHAHA!

OJJJEM

27 March 2024

279lbs
8am stretches and brief walk
9:30pm brief walk

I slept a lot yesterday, and it helped... Walking helped settle my stomach some... Still running a fever, but I got good meds for the inflammatory pain now. So, sleepin' like a baby through a huge chunk of it. :LOL:

Received an Easter gift from my ministering sisters. It was a sunflower garden kit.

*ministering sisters explained: Women in the church assigned to check in on me to make sure I'm doing alright. I have women that I'm assigned to as well. It's a very handy system for taking care of each other in emergency situations and also sends relief to the lonely.

OJJJEM

28 March 2024

Slept off the fever a huge portion of the day. Stayed in bed the rest.

29 March 2024

Rested a lot. Did some Stretches in the morning and evening. Went for a late night stroll as well.

I really have no recollection of what I ate either days, but yesterday, I got another Easter gift from someone, and flowers from another. These recent visits and gifts made me feel seen... Like, perhaps my efforts haven't fallen on the blind, deaf, and dumb... I try so hard to live by principles of kindness, not just being nice, that becoming the recipient of an act of kindness warms my heart and seals it up unto further conviction. The greatest gift I received from these people was the gift of the knowledge that someone is thinking of me. It was accompanied by the gift of a prompting to expand beyond self once more, as I've recently closed myself off a bit... You could say, these people had become a small miracle in my life. :LOL:

OJJJEM

30 March 2024
280lbs

I got so sick of seeing that number that I went crazy with the walking until I couldn't walk anymore. I didn't eat a lot that day, but I ate something unhealthy right before bed, which I don't do very often, and spent all day yesterday remembering why...

31 March 2024
279lbs

Fasted yesterday... Walked to exhaustion. Inflammation make it hard to walk without stumbling. Life goes on, though.