Barbarian Posts: 364
Day 22: Tuesday, 29 August 2023

Consecutive days of exercise:
22 Day

Programs:
AM - Unbound - Day 25/30
AM - Carbon and Dust - Chapter 25/30
AM - 30 Days of Yoga - Day 25/30

I wanted to do more than 1 chapter of CAD but gosh... it was one of those days. It was 31C today, but didn't feel that hot. CAD on the other hand was that hot!! It was really a day with an abundance of exercises. My idea of doubling up on the last few days of CAD won't happen!!! Hell, no! I will continue to do it, and finish CAD. BUT on the 1st of September I will add new programs.

I decided to do additional exercises from Friday .... But I might die .... possibly. I decided to start LIIT and redo Zen. Which is fine. But ... to add One Punch Man Challenge. So that is 100 Sit-ups, 100 Push-ups, 100 Squats and 10k run.

Sad John Cena GIF

Yeah... I might not do the 10k "RUN" exactly like a 10k run. More like a 60 minute jog/fastest pace walk, or 90 minutes, or even 45 minutes on days I really don't have time. And see how this goes. I know I said in the past I don't like walking daily - but now I feel need to add this, whether I like it or not.

It is warmer weather, and I feel I am so much closer to December. And I STILL want to do Military Fit. I am still to scared to do the program. If I can finish One Punch Man .... well .... then I might be ready for Power Cardio and Military Fit. So yeah... even if I just do 10 or 15 or 20 days. Lets see what happens.

Nightg0ddess

Day 23: Wednesday, 30 August 2023

23 Day

Programs:
AM - Unbound - Day 26/30
AM - Carbon and Dust - Chapter 26/30
AM - 30 Days of Yoga - Day 26/30

It was an abundance of exercises again. I feel tired, and .... I won't say low on energy, but the weather is messing with me. It was much cooler today, 10C cooler than yesterday. This took its toll on me. I've had harder days of CAD, but the more days I am doing, the more I wish I could give up. Luckily I am so close to finishing it again. It has nothing to do with the program. The program itself is great! It is just my motivation is slipping. I feel I need change. I have the attention span of Dory.
finding nemo life GIF

I am having second thoughts with One Punch Man challenge I wanted to start. It is the 10K run I need to re-think. I might be too ambitious. My feet will NEVER last. So I might change the 10K run to Jump Rope. It is still just an idea. I think if I do a certain amount of minutes jumping rope, it might not even be equivelant to the 10K run, but at least I will get in a similar workout. I want to get in the workout, but without messing up my body (or feet in this case!).

Zenchan

Warrior Monk Posts: 64
"...probably in a forest..."
I am running 8km almost every day, if for whatever reason I would have to increase it to 10k every day, I would for sure stop after a couple of days. 10k running is a lot, if you are not used to it. I think 40-45 minutes of "brisk" walking (preferably after dinner) might be the most healthy similar thing that I can think of. That is around 4 km in distance.

If you just want to burn calories, cycling is one of the best, 20-40 minutes of hard cycling, for example a spin class.
If you want to improve you overall health, slow walking for 20-40 minutes, every day ( no matter the weather) might have the best overall benefits.

At least, as far as I know.
Just my 2 cents.

Nightg0ddess

@Zenchan Thank you. Putting that into perspective for me, means a lot. I should just maybe do a 30 Day program rather than taking on something way beyond my capabilities. (And preferences / comfort zone).

I will figure out what to do next before I end CAD ....

Day 24: Thursday, 31 August 2023

24 Day

Programs:
AM - Unbound - Day 27 - 30/30 FINISHED AGAIN
AM - Carbon and Dust - Chapter 27 and half of 28/30
AM - 30 Days of Yoga - Day 27 - 30/30 FINISHED AGAIN

I did a little more, since I didn't have much else to do today. I am still wondering if I should finish the rest of Chapter 28 since we have a power failure from 20 PM to 22 PM tonight. So ... I am deciding if my body can handle it or not. I feel fine today but quite sleepy. If I don't exercise, I would shower and just go to bed early.

The weather was around 15C - a huge drop since the 31C earlier this week!! We have rain on/off until next week Wednesday, so Spring will be a wet one this side of the world. I suppose it is better than early heat! The garden is starting to look amazing with all the flowers. There is a few hundred tadpoles in 4 of the water areas in the garden, some have tiny legs already. I feed them fish food, since they ate up all the water plants! I guess I will regret this once the male frogs (Clicking Stream Frogs) reach maturity. There is also a little slug eater snake I see daily in the garden. It is tiny, blind and harmless. I still don't see skinks. I like this time of the year.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Mamatigerj @BetaCorvi @Fremen

Day 25: Friday, 1 September 2023

25 Day

Programs:
Carbon and Dust - Chapter (rest of ) 28, and 29/30

I slept quite long, and woke up closer to 7h45 am. I felt a little lazy in the morning. I just couldn't finish the program, it is just too much. I am happy that I will be done tomorrow if all goes well. It was cooler weather again, without rain. I felt my mood going up and down throughout the day. It wasn't a bad day, just not a memorable one.

I still haven't 100% decided what to do for September. I will decide tomorrow when I finish CAD.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Tileenah @Fremen

Day 26: Saturday, 2 September 2023

26 Day

Programs:
Carbon and Dust - Chapter 30/30 Finished
Other:
Additional Yoga (random 2 days of More of Yoga Program)

Day 27: Sunday, 3 September 2023

27 Day

Programs:
None
Other:
Yoga (random 2 days of More of Yoga Program)
100 sit-ups
100 squats

I wanted to start a program, but my body didn't want to do anything vigourous. It is funny, I saw the post of "Exercise for your cycle" this evening. (a new post in the Guide section). I can't really describe what I am going through. This guide helped me tremendously. I only had my menstruation for 1 day (maybe for 30 hours at most) and it stopped again. I haven't had it for 35 days prior to this. Basically I don't have a normal cycle yet.... after going off the injection since last year. I did experience back pain, lower abdominal pain for 3 days now. I am extremely low on energy today, and the sit-ups was so unnecessary! LOL Anyway, that is over now.

I want to start Military Fit / Military Fit+ tomorrow. BUT............ a modified version. No sandbag, no pull-up bar, and only 5kg dumbbells. I won't take a medal for it, but I want to test my fitness level. After CAD, I don't think I want to go full out for the first week or so. It really will depend on my body. Even if I can just do level 1 for a day or two, I will be fine with that. And I can add additional exercises on days I need more. But I probably won't do much more than extra Yoga and stretching.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Tileenah @Mamatigerj @BetaCorvi

Day 28: Monday, 4 September 2023

28 Day

Programs:
None
Other:
Yoga (random 2 days of More of Yoga Program)
100 squats
100 lunges
40 minutes Walking (machine)

Day 29: Tuesday, 5 September 2023

29 Day

Programs:
None
Other:
Yoga (random 1 day of More of Yoga Program)
100 squats
150 High Knees
20*2 Clamshells
30*2 Fire Hydrants
200 Punches
40 Butterfly Sit-ups
30 Knee-to-Squats
5 mins Jump Rope

Well.... :worry: ... I won't go into detail, but I haven't started the new program yet. We are also on a high level of power failures, so anything between 2 to 4.5 hours off at a time, a few times a day. (roughly 9 and a half hours off in a day, in my area) - so I have so much to do and finish every time. Then it is to prepare food, clean, cook. Or to clean/vaccuum the house, or to have hot water to wash my hair or shower. Or even to have a printer, to charge a phone or my mini Wi-Fi portable router, and so on. On top of that, there was some snow in my city - well, not that close to me, but we had ice rain and it is very cold outside. So, I impulsively just decided to do the most random exercises ... not to stop exercising. Until I am okay to restart a program again.

Last night I had tremendous lower belly aches, and lower back pain. It went away during the day. I feel fine again. It also didn't affect my workout luckily. So it was nothing bad. It was simply just annoying.

I also had to go fill my car tank before the petrol (fuel) price increase. I had to wait until the electricity was on!!!!!! I now know why there is paper towels at our fuel stations. It isn't to dry or clean your hands, nor to clean the fuel that ran off down the car, nor to clean your windows ... It is to wipe your tears after seeing the price of fuel even before the increase!
:muahaha:

Nightg0ddess

Day 30: Wednesday, 6 September 2023

30 Day

Programs:
None
Other:
Yoga (random 3 days of More of Yoga Program - Day 17, 22 and 29)
100 squats
100 clamshells (50/50)
100 fire hydrants (50/50)
100 donkey kicks (50/50)
100 bicycles

I didn't feel well today. I am not sick. Just had one of those days where I felt both mentally and physically exhausted. I wasn't able to focus on much. On top of this, we had several short and one longer power failure. It was icy too.

Today was just one of those days where I wished I could take a long hot bath (I always shower), climb into bed, take a long nap, and then in my pj's wake up and be surrounded by puppies, kittens, bunnies, pikas, candy floss, anything fluffy and warm, anything pastel coloured.... and .... It was just one of those days.

images.jpg 4595479-digital-art-japan-fantasy-art.jpg

My reality: Black tracksuit pants, black t-shirt with a black hoodie, black scarf, black socks. I took a shower. I had bean soup. I saw a Pied crow outside. And I ended up just sitting in silence, doing a little slower exercises which I knew I would enjoy, and just took it easy. No nap. At least I washed my hair .... I wasn't in a complete state of depression. It was just a sort of "empty" day. Reality is a dream crusher! This Spring started exactly the opposite of the expectations I had for September.

At least I can go to bed soon.

Nightg0ddess

Day 31: Thursday, 7 September 2023

31 Day

Programs:
None
Other:
100 Squats
100 Butterfly Sit-ups
100 Burpees
Zen (Day 13, 15 and 17) - randomly picked
100 Side Leg Raises
60 minute walk
35 minutes walks indoors (machine)

I had some strength again. I didn't mind exercising, nor felt too exhausted. I did take some energy syrup (Bioplus) - which I can't say it worked or not. But I made it through the day. My appetite wasn't huge, but I had some leftover soup, and fruit later. It was a sort of neutral day. I decided to do some additional walking, which I didn't plan to do. Simply because I had the time with all the power failures. Within 10 minutes or so we have a next 4.5 hour power failure starting.

I am starting to wonder if it isn't a folate issue I am having again. There is just some small things I picked up upon, which might indicate it could be that issue again. I have been eating wheat, and I am wondering if it isn't causing me issues without realizing it. I should probably go to a doctor soon to have this tested. Luckily I feel okay.

If I don't start a new program tomorrow, I will just continue to do random things for a little while longer. I don't hate doing this for now. (the random exercises).

Nightg0ddess

I haven't posted in a while ... There really isn't much to say about my workouts. Except that I done random exercises, without putting much thought into what I am going to do prior to doing them each day. And I tried doing things I don't even like that much either ... even the Damer ones (Hook Kicks, and the martial arts ones ... which I dread, but they help for nicer leg shape I suppose) ... so I haven't slacked off too much. Just ... I don't know why I struggle to choose and start a program this month!!! I decided to just go with my mood.

Well, today I went and bought new socks and (jogging) shorts. Nothing special. Just thought some new clothes would help me a little. Normally I like longer pants. To cover my legs. But I thought very short shorts would maybe make me work a little harder on my legs. I also bought a new water bottle, that look pretty - to drink more water. And I also bought a large bag of sunflower seeds and large bag of fresh plump fresh raisins for a snack ... instead of the prepacked peanuts and raisins mini bags (those sad looking dried up raisins that look like mouse droppings, with the peanuts drenched in salt, the salt and seasoning making up for most of the weight of the packet!!!) ... my snack is better. And I can even pick if I want my sunflower seeds raw or roasted! LOL

Anyway ... I think my head is in the right place at least. The weather is so-so. It is lower temperatures, and there was snow in my country ... it was icy last night and this morning, but the day was sunny. Next week we have a free "National Parks week" - so entrance to a few parks in my country is for free from this coming weekend until next weekend. I would probably go to the West Coast National Park (in Langebaan, Cape Town) again this year. I will see which days next week don't have rain, and go during one of the week days. The park itself is ... well, boring, to be honest. But there is this magical area next to the lagoon side (not the ocean side). Last year it was just the best, and most magical place EVER!!! I hope this year will be the same. There is an area next to this where you can have a barbecue ... but I will probably take some snacks, and a flask of coffee. Just enjoy the sunrise and birds waking up over the lagoon like last year.

IMG_20220915_080739_50.jpgIMG_20220915_081533_50.jpg

I uploaded some videos if anyone is interested.

Nightg0ddess

Day 37: Wednesday, 13 September 2023

37 Day

We had a VERY long power failure of over 4 hours today. 10am to 14:30pm. I decided to walk for a bit, and also did my exercises during that time. The electricity will be down again at 20pm. So I will probably go to bed early again. I've run out of candles, and there is too many power failures that the lights don't fully charge anymore. You literally have to leave the lights plugged in over 2 or 3 days for it to fully charge!! It is really annoying.

I mostly focussed on my arms today. Tricep Extensions, Bicep Curls, Bent Over Rows, One arm Dumbbell Row, Tricep Dips, Punces, Raised Arm Circles and so on. I used mainly 3kg dumbbells. My arms feels heavy and sore tonight. I want to do exercises with my resistance bands tomorrow. I haven't used my equipment for some time.

Nightg0ddess

Day 40: Saturday, 16 September 2023

40 Day

On Thursday I used my resistance bands, and I did random exercises I found on YouTube (around 45 minutes in total). Yesterday I focussed on my lower body mostly (around 35 minutes). Today, I just did an abundance of exercises I enjoy. Clamshells, Fire Hydrants, Butterfly Sit-ups, Bear Crawls mostly seated exercises. (took around 50 minutes). So I did enough. Nothing excessive.

I haven't quite decided what to do tomorrow, and the next few days.

Everything is still going well.
:up:

Nightg0ddess

Well, I haven't posted for a while. I've exercised daily... but things turned out VERY different than I ever expected!

This last week was something else. There was sunny days, windy days, rainy days, spring tide/mini tsnami sort of, rain damage, wind damage, wave damage, flooding, power failures, and perfect sunny days, and just about everything. Many roads is still closed around my city.

I went to the West Coast National Park last week Monday - when the weather was perfect. I was looking forward to see the lagoon, but ended up admiring the ocean side of the park. And going to the Potsberg side of the park - which is open for only 2 months in a year, to visitors to see the flowers. It was amazing.

I have looked after a young German Shepherd girl called Luna, for a few days which was fun, (but my parents found it difficult - my dad is old and ill, and impatient with a young energetic dog, while my mom simply was scared of having such a large dog and her OCD of the dog hair everywhere simply stressed her out!). I had to constantly keep Luna entertained, she was more energetic than I expected! Her owners are friends of my parents, they have 5 other smaller dogs, and 2 cats, and they were busy moving to a new house. They said Luna was too "naughty" so my parents said they would look after her, knowing it was the dog breed I love. She was easier to handle than a small dog, for me personally. She never seemed to get tired, even after 5 or 6 hours playing daily!! She never left my side. Very intelligent and loyal. I enjoyed having a dog for a few days!!!

I now realize I can't get a dog while living with my family. I don't know if I can just move out, my parents is at their age where they are so dependent on me to do things around this big old house. They have no one else to help them. I am an only child. Having a pet for a short while was amazing.

I will probably start a program on the 1st of October, if not later today or tomorrow. I seem to be a little bored without the energy of that dog around me!!! I can even imagine 2 or 3 German Shepherds (Swiss Shepherds or Shepsky's or any mixes) with me in the future! LOL
:imp:

I am not quite sure what program to start. Power Cardio, or Military Fit+ or to redo something which I liked .... I simply don't know. Despite all my exercising my main goal stays weight loss and to stay active as much as possible.

Nightg0ddess

Today, I did a very random workout.

• Yoga & Stretching (AM)
  • 3x 10 minutes Rebecca Louise YouTube exercises. (so roughly 30 minutes) - Back, abs and a thigh workouts.
  • a few arm exercises with 3kg dumbbells (roughly 15 minutes)

Ever since the release of Power Cardio, I have avoided this program, like it was the Black Plague. From tomorrow, I will do
  • Yoga/Stretching in the morning
  • Power Cardio
  • Meditation before I go to bed
I might not do anything additional - and if I have to, I will do the program at level 1 and redo it at a higher level. I will also do the additional workouts on the Power Burn days (post-circuit).

Nightg0ddess

I haven't posted in ages ...

Well, since October I haven't been so consistent. I did start Power Cardio, loved it, but day 16 or 17 I had to stop. My mom fainted during the night, and hit her head against the steel door frame, had a very bad concussion for a few days. So, I had to help out my parents for a few days. All went well for a while, but I didn't start a new program. Just did random cardio daily. Sometimes from Instagram, YouTube, Darebee, or whatever came up.

I lost another 5kg during this last 3 weeks ... maybe 6kg. I started eating smaller meals, and to make it look and feel more, I would wrap everything in lettice!! Yes! That works like a charm! I tricked my eyes and mind into thinking my meals was super huge with the extra plate of leaves ... the illusion of more food filled my stomach.

I decided it was today 50 days before the year ends. A good day to start something again. I didn't reach my goal of doing Military Fit+ this year, although I feel my body is ready for it. But I would prefer to do Power Cardio prior to Military Fit+. I decided to do whatever program(s) came to my mind immediately - not based on anything except pure randomness & impulsiveness ......

So today I did:

<Totals> Day 1
60 Days of Cardio Day 1

I kept it simple. Did it together as one workout. There was lunges, Bridges, Squats, Side leg Raises, Jumping Jacks (and more Jumping Jacks), Seal Jacks and Side to Side Lunges. It was simple and fine.

Other news: A neighbour shot the neighbourhood squirrel!!!
Korean Drama No GIF by The Swoon

Apparently it was destroying his avocado and almond trees! And other neighbours had the same complaint. After its death .... maybe 2 days after I heard the news, my avocado trees of 13 years old decided to have its first avocado's. I have counted over 120 avocados so far - they are now the size of a small marble. So I feel conflicted about the death of the squirrel. Maybe we could have just caught her and relocated her ... but yeah .... maybe I won't complain if I do get at least 60 avovados next year!!! Unfortunately, I will NEVER forget her - so each avocado I eat will be a little sad too. Life is so cruel.

20230314_100146_14.jpg
RIP .... Winter 2023.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @neilarey @HellYeah @Matan @Mianevem @Mamatigerj @Fremen

<Totals> Day 7
60 Days of Cardio Day 7

I haven't done more days than the above, I was thinking to do a few double days of 60 Days of Cardio, so I can finish before the end of December. This week was just a little hectic. We also had some hot days of 34C and today is 23C, and we expect rain on this coming Monday. So I can't say the weather was bad. The mornings was still lovely. Not yet a typical summer this side. The fruit trees is thriving in this weather it seems! I am watching that avocado tree like a hawk!! Observing real time growth of 1 mm every day!

I've been trying to find a new kettlebell. Most of the places sell it online, and I would prefer to compare my options before buying. The vinyl ones is so much cheaper, and easier to find. The cast iron ones (around 12kg and up), which I want to get isn't stocked in stores. Except the higher priced ones. I am actually considering just buying a cheaper one, and later investing in a decent set (3 or so, of 12kg and up) later on. I am not quite sure what to buy. I had a 8kg one. I think I can skip 10kg and just go for 12kg, since I want to build up to the 16kg sandbag for Military Fit.

I thought of incorporating my resistance bands, and other equipment daily again - jump rope, box, and so on.

Nightg0ddess

<Totals> Day 8
60 Days of Cardio Day 8 & 9

I actually started my day at 6:20am with 60 Days of Cardio Day 9. Then Did Totals. It was quite early. The past few days I woke up very early. Decided to do it quickly. Did my washing. And then I finished Day 8 of 60 Days of Cardio around 8:35am. I feel quite tired after all that.

I haven't quite figured out what to do today. My plan was to watch some TV (it is the Cricket World cup final between India and Australia), to cook, and just sit back and relax today. But I am not quite sure what I feel like doing. I feel so extremely fatigued - not by the exercise. I've been so busy lately, I just simply feel drained. I do appreciate the weather today, it is really making me smile. There is a slight cool breeze, the sun isn't quite coming through the clouds, and it is a joy to have a cooler day between the hotter days. This is the perfect day to go hiking, or walk dogs, or just going to markets, or spending a day with the animals at the shelter. I do think I might just take it easy at home.

Nightg0ddess

All was going well, until I got the dreaded flu. And it's summer... and it's a persistent summer flu. I think the last time I had flu to this extent was back in 2018.
:deepsleep:
Slowly it's passing. It's mostly in my chest. So exercise has been impossible for nearly 2 weeks. I should be fine by the weekend. Or so I hope. I said that last week too!!

I decided to do the Ornaments events... since everything is hard on my breathing, I might go for step jacks or squats. I will take it slow. I'd prefer to get one of the cute animal ornaments. I will start today, and do a few every hour. This time I won't finish it fast while I still don't feel well.
:scull:
But I have confidence it will be okay... at least it's not burpees or something that might kill me... lol.

Everything was going fantastic with my workout, health, my fitness goals ... but life is really just so unpredictable. I have decided to just not plan any program or exercise until my health is better. I have to admit I felt really depressed since I missed out on Fit December, and didn't finish my programs. But yesterday I decided to just not think about that for now anymore. I'm not gaining weight, I'm not suddenly getting fat, I'm not eating more (actually I have to eat healthier and I'm so eating less now too)... so no progress is lost. I just had to accept this is happening, it isn't the worse thing to ever happen. It simply is what it is. But I am not giving up on Ornaments.... hell, no!!

One thing I've realized is that sometimes despite having plans and goals, you have to pause for a while and just let life happen ... until you can continue.
:up:

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Mamatigerj
:heart::gheart::eheart:

I've restarted Recovery program. Now that I am actually sick, I appreciate this program!! Yesterday I did Recovery Day 1, and today I did Day 2 and 3.

I also decided to go for the "Kicks" for Ornaments. I did 40-80 kicks every hour, and forgot a few times on the hour! Yesterday I did 400, and today I did another 500. So I am on 900/1000 ... nearly there!! I mostly just did front kicks, and a few side kicks. There is probably no reason for me not to finish the last 100 tonight .... but I might probably continue with kicks even when I am done with the Ornaments challenge tomorrow morning, it felt nice to do a few every hour, instead of just doing too much at once!

I tried doing a few squats, jacks, punches too this morning, but they just didn't feel nice to do on my upperbody and chest/breathing. Actually, my body itself felt quite good after the kicks each time. I didn't sneeze today - which is a good sign!! I rested a lot again today, which helps.

Nightg0ddess

I finished my kicks. But I am still doing around 40 to 60 every hour. I have some lower belly pain, that time of the month (new experience for me!) ... and it seems to also help get rid of that pain, which is actually pleasant. My legs aren't sore, so I will also now do side leg raises, leg swings, some different types of kicks and see what else I can do that won't be bad on my respiratory system.

I did Recovery Day 4 and 5. And also did a few donkey kicks and fire hydrants earlier this morning. The lower body exercises is quite satisfying.

Last night I woke up a few times with a persistent cough again. Gosh... when will this flu end!? It's still in my chest and throat. I can taste some foods, but I smell absolutely nothing today. If I keep food or drinks in my mouth for a little while, let it linger, I taste it. I don't have a sore throat, my throat is just maybe slightly dry. It could be the windy hot dry weather that makes this worse. My mini air purifier isn't working so well, I suppose. I keep drinking tea and warm water. But right now, I am going to have a small barbecue outdoors, in the wind, sun and elements. Enjoy a glass of red wine, stare at my avocado tree, 🥑 😋, and have some chicken skewers, chicken sausage, red cabbage and apple slaw and potato salad. I just feel I need to enjoy my day. It's after 13pm, closer to 14pm right now. Almost summer holiday season here. Many businesses and all schools is closing this week. Friday and Saturday is a public holiday here. My own holiday is starting a little earlier. I will work harder once I'm healthy again!!! Lol 😆 Need to get myself in a better mindset since I feel so depressed with this flu. I hope being outside won't make me feel worse later! I just feel too confined inside the house. I need to live a little today.
white chicks GIF

Nightg0ddess

I did day 6 and 7 of Recovery. Then I was not sure what to do.... my chest was okay during the night, and I slept at a more upright position. Cats would have envied me for my awkward positions! I started coughing a lot this morning. My medication nor herbal remedies is working. I'm on day 17 of having flu. Wtf!?
:blink:
IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

I won't be fine this weekend. I can't see that magically happening. I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than being healthy by Sunday!!!

I did some side leg raises, and donkey kicks, fire hydrants, some arm exercises with dumbbells... again, hourly, just a few reps each hour from 10am. But nothing hectic. It was more to pass the time, rather than to actually exercise, to be honest! I might still do a few random exercises until 16pm or maybe 17pm, then I will stop for the day. I don't know how to pass my time. I've watched the second season of Sweet Home (Korean) series today, again, for a second time. Lol.

It has been super windy the past 24 hours. Even the birds have a hard time flying in this weather, but it's still a warm day. Just windy. The wind is like my flu. It's becoming somewhat annoying. Otherwise this day was fine.

Nightg0ddess

When I said I had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting healthy... life decided: You shall rather get healthy than win the lottery!!!! How is that for a twist of fate!!! I actually started using one of those asthma ventilators/pump... and my coughing stopped, and I only have to use something for post nasal drip. So I feel I'm finally on the road to recovery!
:welcome:
I'm not abusing the asthma ventilator. Just 3 or 4 pumps a day, seems to just help boost my lungs not to cough. I don't want to use it a lot to make my lungs weak. Just to boost it until it's 100% ... which will probably be fine by tonight or tomorrow already.

Yesterday and today is both public holidays in my country. I only did 1 day of Recovery on each day (Day 8 yesterday and Day 9 this morning.) I went for a walk in my neighborhood on both days. It's quite hot today. I walked at a medium pace uphill and downhill and super steep hills for an hour each day. I didn't take my distance or steps. I simply just needed to "move". Since I know I have to still take it easy. I'm scared I get sick all over again!

I also did some side leg raises (300 in total) yesterday, and I did 200 crunches and sit-ups and variations before and after my walk this morning. I just didn't do them fast, nor in one go. The idea is just to move. I have no real goal in mind for the rest of December.

Ps. I played the "daily lottery" yesterday and only won $0,26. (R4.80)
Hello health. Goodbye lottery.

Lucky numbers: #1 and #8.

Nightg0ddess

Recovery Day 10, 11 and 12
7am 100 Side Leg Raises

Fit Tap app (Darebee):
8am 10 Twist jacks & 20 Crunch kicks
9am 20 Sit-up punches & 20 Turning kicks
10am 20 Punches & 40 Twist jacks
11am 40 Lunges & 40 Deep side lunges
noon 20 Turning kicks & 20 Reverse lunges
13pm - none
14pm 20 Tricep extensions & 10 Half jacks
15pm 10 Half pistol squats & 10 Matrix bends
16pm 10sec plank hold & 20 Jumping Jacks
17pm 60 Sit-up punches & 10 Overhead punches
18pm 20 Deadbugs & 10 Seal jacks

I'm not sure how I feel about today. It was quite a lot on my body. I don't regret it, but I feel quite tired. I kinda liked the random exercises hourly. I did not do things like burpees and staggered push-ups, and others I still didn't feel comfortable doing. My health is okay. Still not 100%, but maybe I am on 98%. I am getting there. I enjoyed the Twist jacks and Seal jacks. I didn't walk today.

Nightg0ddess

Recovery Day 13, 14 & final day 15

Fit Tap app (Darebee):
7am 10 Plank walk-outs & 60sec hollow hold
8am 40 Lunges & 20 seagulls
9am 20 Climbers & 20sec side elbow plank hold (each side)
10am 100 Backfists & 10 half shrimp squats
11am 10 Plank leg raises & 20 reverse crunches
noon 10 Butterfly sit-ups & 20 half pistol squats
13pm - (none)
14pm 10sec elbow plank hold & 20 Sitting twists
15pm 40 Backfists & 20 Punches
16pm - (none)
17pm 10 Toe taps & 20 Matrix bends
18pm 40 Side to side chops & 10 Overhead punches

Today was easier than yesterday. I had no major issues. I feel rather exhausted again tonight. My lungs still feel heavy with some exercises. I stopped using an asthma inhaler. My sense of taste is getting better, but my sense of smell is still an issue. I assume its still sinus related. I can smell eucalyptus. But I miss the smell of coffee. I did manage to smell cacao today, also cucumber, a tomato and apricot. Oh, and some cranberry tea. My food, I can taste if I chew it well. But spices is tricky, so for now I avoid them. They make me sneeze too!

Sniffing random things (to get back my sense of smell) has become quite fascinating to me.... I just hope it doesn't turn into a habit!!!
:imp:

Nightg0ddess

I was able to smell my morning coffee... but the strong coffee had a light smell. At least my sense if smell is slightly coming back. Stupid flu!!!!
:grumpy:

I decided to do my workout this morning, early. I picked the most random workouts...

7:30am More of Yoga Day 13
8:20am 1-minute HIIT Day 7 Level III
8:50am Total Abs Day 15 Level II (seated flutter kicks)
9:40am roughly 30 each: Sitting twists, candlestick dippers, hip twists, reverse crunches

All went fine. I can't complain.

Many of my neighbors has left for summer holiday vacation, so it's super quiet at home. Even the dogs in the area is more quiet than usual. It's really peaceful.

Nightg0ddess

My day was a little different. I had a lazy morning. It isn't a hot summer here. It is super windy. It wasn't the warmest 26C today. I got up closer to 8:20am, and then had coffee. The day looked strange outside, because of the many field fires in my city. I know of about 3 larger ones on mountains around the city. Started to take off the slip covers off my couches to wash (which was super tight!!!) ... maybe this isn't called slip covers then. More like tight covers!! Washed the outside, steamed the rest of the couch which couldn't be removed, and did a few house chores to clean the house before Xmas. It took a good 6 hours. All of the top lids of my fingers, where they bend after the nail, is either super red from the friction, or it has lost its skin - like blisters, because of the friction to stuff my hands into the tight sponge/material innards. Gosh.... how my nails didn't break, I don't know! My skin on my fingers looks grim. Like a horror movie. My hands, no my fingers, hurt the most tonight. At least the couches is clean. So I won't complain!

Only did donkey kicks, fire hydrants, standing back kicks, standing front kicks, bridges, sitting twists, thread the needle with 2kg dumbell, matrix bends, clamshells ... and forgive me if I already forgotten one or two others .... I was so tired. In total my exercises was less than 34 minutes. (some was 2 minutes and others was 4 minutes when I switched sides). There was breaks in-between so in total it did take longer. I only did exercises that was easier and which I enjoy. Maybe they didn't make much sense to do together, but I always feel its better to do random exercises than doing nothing.

Now, I will watch something on YouTube, or a series or movie. Something happy, I suppose.

Nightg0ddess

Today was much hotter. Despite a strong wind, and a lot of fires in my city, I hardly felt the wind inside the house opening doors and windows. I suppose it was still not that hot, but it was harder exercising.

AM: 40 minutes walking (machine)

Noon:
100 side kicks
80 front kicks
40 squat and front kick
20 burpees
10 push-ups

15pm:
30 wipers
30 sit-ups
30 candlestick dippers
30 sitting twists
30-second plank (x3)
30 Bulgarian squats
300 punches

That was as much as I was able to take.

Made a few Xmas ornaments with airdry clay for christmas "tags" (to place on the gifts), and helped a friend from Taiwan with some English (despite English being my second language, he likes the way I explain some idioms and words to him, we have been friends for several years). I didn't do that much today, but my day is almost over. Busy making oven roasted veggies, roasting garlic and beetroot, and also some beef sausage. Decided to have 1 glass of white wine. The rest of my afternoon and evening will be quite uneventful. I don't mind it. I feel good health wise.

Nightg0ddess

I have no reason for why I haven't posted for so long.....
:worry:

All has been well this side. It's been an extremely hot week from 31C to 35C. Now finally cooling down. Luckily health wise I've been doing great again. And I gained 3,5kg ... but I am not worried about it. Some could be water weight, and some from eating unhealthy the past few days. It isn't derailing my life. I decided to trust myself, since I gave myself this time to let go a little. I am exercising, but I am not eating healthy for these few days. I've always been an emotional eater. Now I simply decided to do it on a "schedule" for a short time. And I think planning it: give it a beginning and end date, seems reasonable. It works for me. By Monday I will make healthy food choices again.

I've started the New Year with:
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs

I am not going to mention the days of the challenges today, since I started some of them later, and want to "sync" them to the date. Yup, I am STILL doing that! Sad but true.

I didn't quite reach my exercise goals in 2023. I won't say I failed. I am just not quite where I wanted to be. I was all over the place again. So I will work towards similar goals in 2024. Just keep it even more simple this year. Hopefully I will do Power Cardio and Military Fit+ THIS year!!!!!!!! For the first 4 months I will continue with a HIIT main program (60 Days of HIIT / HIIT Advanced / Extreme HIIT), and a core/abs add-on (Core Strength / Total Abs / Code of Abs). Maybe in May I will do Power Cardio. Then it is winter (so if not May, then June/July)... I might want to keep Military Fit+ open for next spring, or roughly September (and keep open October/November if anything happens). I hope I don't get sick again in 2024.

Nightg0ddess

All Day 6:
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I managed to sync all of the above to Day 6 on 6 January. I feel happy about that at least.

I have to admit, it wasn't fun to do exercises today. I was a little moody because of a long cut under my one armpit. Its been healing since Thursday, but has a scab on it, and exercises where I extend my arms above my head seems to have a few seconds of discomfort. Almost like a paper cut between two fingers. It isn't painful. Just causes discomfort occationally. It was also arm day for the HIIT program, but I decided not to use dumbbells. Even my legs felt a little sensitive/sore too. (a full body massage would be nice right now!)

The day felt like a Sunday. Yesterday felt like a Monday. This is messing with me!! I hope tomorrow might be a little easier. I think I should just go to bed and end this day. This day was a 3/10 ... although nothing really went wrong. It was just one of those days.

grumpy cat GIF