Shoe's way to surviving that 10k obstacle course through the woods

Shoe

from Germany
Pronouns: she/her
Hi, I'm Shoe and my colleagues and I decided we wanted to punish ourselves and registered for a 10k obstacle course, up hills, through mud and over ... well ... OBSTACLES.
Anyway, I've only ever ran a 10k once (1hr 03min) but that was 2 years ago and I haven't done much in regards of running and only the occasional work out.
The thing is: i do like running and I do like working out I can just never stick to a program.

Soooo, this is me, holding myself accountable:
• 2k run before breakfast
• Excercise of the day
• Workout of the day

I also really want to do the October challange, but don't know if it is going to be too much as soon as work starts again tomorrow. Ah well, I'll try (and update later today if I did)!

Shoe

from Germany
Thanks for the warm welcome you all!

Had a rest day yesterday, but went on a short walk to a nearby playground that had monkey bars so I brachiated for a few minutes until my hands were sore (and I had awakened a few childhood memories).

Today:
• Excercise of the day
• Workout of the day (which killed me even though I only did Level 1)
(EDIT) • Saw the 5-Minute Walk Workout on someone elses thread and felt I should do that - so I did
I should've gone on a run today, but as soon as I finished work it started pissing it down:grumpy:
Instead of running I've researched a few more tips and tricks for obstacle races and it turns out: you should go running in the rain to get used to the cold (especially because the run is in the middle of october and it gets quite cold here). I mean duh ... I should've thought about that.
But that just means I'm going on a run tomorrow regardless ot the weather:accepted:

Last edited:

Shoe

from Germany
Today
• 3k run before work/breakfast (Runner Prime Workout - Day1)
Morning Strech Workout
Exercise of the day

The run was hard. I'm not someone who likes running in the mornings, regardless of breakfast or not. I like the idea of it (you know: sunrise, fog, fresh air, no people) but neither my brain nor my legs are awake enough at that point to appreaciate it at that point. Let's just say I'm glad the race is in the afternoon.
I will stick to the Runner Prime Workout Routine but will change the 30minutes to whatever it is I need to be doing running wise.

I got an appointment tomorrow for a proper shoe fitting to get new running shoes. I've been wearing my current ones for forever. I got them when I was still in school, so they're about 15 years old and I'm pretty sure I chose them because I liked the colour. Also I think they were supposed to be for indoor stuff only. Quite surprised that I haven't hurt myself by now.

Shoe

from Germany
I remember now why I never stick to a program: I always get sick as soon as I start taking fitness seriously again. Every. Single. Time.
I'll take another 2 days off to get rid of that stupid cough and start again.

It's so frustrating because the race is in 2 1/2 weeks and I feel unprepared and feel like I will be starting from zero again on Saturday.

But it can't be helped. I will get through that race and finish but I really wish I could do it and still be able to move the next day (and not hurt myself!).

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Welcome! And hoping you have a quick recovery :onfire:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Healing vibes :vibes: