Waterscape

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
Pronouns: she/her
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."
@Fremen @MadamMeow @Mamatigerj @GentleOx @NancyTree Thank you!

Well, that's 1 of 3 programs and 1 of 3 challenges for the year done!

I had another rough week, so I decided to pause and focus on resting for a bit while I considered what to do next. I'm kinda in the mood for an RPG, so I think I'm gonna try Pathfinder this time. I might re-read N.K. Jemison's Broken Earth trilogy while I'm at it - there are definite thematic similarities :LOL:.

And after a conversation with my therapist, I'm going to do the Counting Victories challenge as well. I have my doubts if it will help me, it seems too simple , but maybe that's just the anxiety talking. I have been known to overthink things, lol :cantcope:.

Hope you have a great day, Bees!

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
@Mamatigerj Thank you!

April 24: Pathfinder day 1 (found 3 survivors); Counting Victories (CV) - wrote in my journal and updated my logbook
April 25: CV - tidied up my maker space
April 26: Pathfinder day 2; CV - updated my Goodreads
April 27: CV - washed a load of sheets and my comforter

I couldn't decide which of three video games (Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Strikers, or Bioshock Infinite) I wanted to start re-playing this weekend, so I put all three boxes down on the floor and let the cat decide. She investigated all three (because I put a treat on each), and then she sat on one. Her choice: Persona 5 Royal! (Here's one of my favorite tracks from the game.)

And THEN, I kid ya'll not, she sat down next to me and watched me play the game! For 10 whole minutes! It was adorable! But she got distracted by a bug on the window and decided she had to go chase it. :kill:
Decision-by-feline isn't something I do often, but as much as she seemed to enjoy it, I think I'll try it again soon.:puurke::bouncy:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
April 28: Pathfinder day 3; CV - put away my clean laundry
April 29: Pathfinder day 4; CV - bought groceries
April 30: CV - dentist appointment #1 to fix the cracked tooth :sadness:
May 1: CV - took all of my medicine on time
May 2: Pathfinder day 5; CV - made potato and leek soup :drink:
May 3: dropped off work shirts to be embroidered
May 4: voted in the local elections

I read a post on social media this past week that said (paraphrased a bit) 'before you start crochet/knitting, you have to ask yourself, 1) can I count, and 2) am I able to handle the answer to question #1, which is no.' :haha:

I've been crocheting a lot this week, and the number of times it's taken multiple tries to count the same number of stitches in a row has been very, very humbling. And every time it's happened I've said to myself, "The answer to question one is NO." :facepalm: :LOL:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
May 5-May 18: Pathfinder day 6-11; Counting victories: done every day

Yeah, last week was rough. I got hurt at work and had to spend 6 hours in the emergency room.

I truly thought I was going to die at one point.

Thankfully, it was not as bad as it could have been, and physically I'm fine. Mentally and emotionally? Well. It's definitely changed my perspective on a few things (and not always for the better. Thanks, anxiety brain!). But I'm sure with patience and a little work (and therapy, lots of therapy) I'm going to be just fine.

I think I kinda understand how Schrodinger's cat feels now, though. :LOL:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take things slow and give yourself time to recover. Anything that intense will occupy one's perspective for some time, so be kind to yourself :)

:love: