Yoga Team

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I did a yoga practice tonight for the first time in far too long. It felt sooooo good! Will write more about my personal journey in my own check-in thread soon. In the meantime I just wanted to pop in here to let folks know Yoga Download is offering another of their free yoga challenges, this time a 2-week challenge, that's on right now. (It started on November 5, 2023, but you can jump in at any time. Typically the classes remain free for a few days after the challenge ends, for folks who fell behind, I believe.)

The theme of this challenge is "Yoga for Balance and Grounding." (I immediately thought of @PetiteSheWolf when I saw that.) Typically these challenges offer a choice of 2 classes to do each day, usually of varying lengths, and with one of the options beginner-friendly. Sign up here to get free access to the challenge, if you're interested.

thinman

"Be Strong - Be Active - Be empowered."
I've gotten into doing a headstand everyday no matter what

My Taiji forms are somewhat hybrid, I incorporate much Yoga Asana style into them. I do my Yoga at home, some crow and various poses but no fixed routine. I lift the iron 5 days a week and various calisthenics like pull-ups and push-up (often on a medicine ball).

Meditation is a daily practice.

Last edited:

graoumia

None from France
"Doing Fighter codex / Epic Five"
Hello Bees
I would love to participate to this chat, and get some advices, and I think some of us are wishing to practice more with this new year starting, so who wants to share his practice?
On my side i use yoga for some streching on evening.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Coucou @graoumia ; I am lucky that the gym just by me provides a few good-quality yoga classes/week, my own goal is to do at least one a week.
And oh, as I gotta continue work on my balance, I should keep up with the serie of moving balance asanas I was doing in December.

graoumia

None from France
Hello @PetiteSheWolf are some informations on this serie of moving balance asanas in your journal ? I will have a look.
Today is a bit less cold, it is much better. But i am happy to be at home :)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
A little while ago ; but it is more "experimental" that really prepared, I try to put 3 - 4 balance asanas in a row, and do the other side, 3 times each side.
e.g. tree, toe-to-hand side then front front, go down in a lunge, come back with a high knee.
or tree (always a safe starting point, LOL), stretch foot in front, brush the leg back without putting foot on floor, reach Warrior 3 (or any asana that has your bust parallel to ground).
Or insert dancer, or eagle, anywhere fun.

My kinesitherapist wanted me to work on my balance, and doing that regularly did help. His point was that doing moving balance exercise would force me to work with imbalance.

graoumia

None from France
Hello yogis, i hope you are all fine
I tried a first moon salutation this evening, I saw several variations on the web.

Are you doing moon salutation ?

I need to practice more to be able to enjoy it, and I will do some poses i like to relax before bed…

Have a nice day /evening

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Are you doing moon salutation ?
When I practice yoga it's usually in the evening (or late at night!) So I guess it's technically all moon salutation. ;)

I do like this sequence from Shiva Rea though:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
For any yogis interested in checking out a yoga teacher training:

Aligned Yoga (where I did my 200hr. YTT) is offering a free online open house this weekend. You can sign up to check out the online content for as many of the programs they offer as you like at https://www.alignedyoga.com/syds-takeover

You'll need to cough up your email address to participate. But no credit card. The content will be totally free for 48 hours for this weekend only (starting, the site says, at 10AM PST on Saturday, March 23--but I know from experience the gals running the site have a tendency to get their standard time and daylight saving time mixed up--so I wouldn't be surprised if the access actually starts at 10AM PDT). Anyhow... after the 48 hour free period, you just won't be able to access the site anymore. There won't be anything you'll need to cancel. (Unless you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list you'll no doubt be added to for signing up for the free weekend.)

Aligned is Briohny Smyth's yoga school--although she has other teachers providing content there too.