Getting that mojo back

heeropotter

from Philippines
Ciao @Damer

The people around me are not supportive of my fitness activities. I came to that conclusion because when I was at my best physique, no one cared to comment or commend me. I don’t know but I think they are just insecure. One of them said that my punches are soft, only to find out later that he was just jealous when I almost made my abs appear and everything about me was “almost perfect”, some of my officemates were secretly admiring me somehow (I don’t know, I hope they won’t be able to read this hahah!)…. And one of my officemates is his wife.

Yes, insecurities drive people around you to bring you down when you are at your best and bring you further down when you are at your worst. It is my personal experience with the people around me, at least when it comes to my weight.

During that time I feel very strong, especially in my arms and quads. I even said to my nephew that my quads can already kill someone by choking. When that man commented about my soft punches I replied by saying I could take him down in one strike. I felt bad saying that afterward because strength should not be used to harm (even if it is only a thought).

I am not proud to admit this but the bullies are one of the reasons that MOTIVATED me to better myself physically. I get bullied every single day because I am “soft”, and because I am gay. I did not start working out just to look more masculine and to stop the bullying. No! I started working out so that I could be strong and somehow give a message to the bullies to think twice before saying bad things to me, or else…. Hahahh! Because of that incident with that man who commented “soft” to my punches, I realized that bullies are bullies. There is no cure for them.

As I went on with making myself better physically, I kind of liked it and changed the reason from BULLIES to ME. Yes, first of all, we should work out for ourselves, not to show off, not for others, and not for bullies.

Thanks, @Damer for that insightful video, it is so timely because waking up this morning and performing the max plank hold, I thought perhaps I made a mistake setting up my goal that high and target to surpass it with another second each day.

Reframe, back-up plan, control how I feel --- thanks for this!

Soh today, as usual, 300 push-ups, Level 3 of Day 21 - 60 Days of Cardio HIIT, and CORE STABILITY of STABILITY WORKOUTS COLLECTION which i started today, plus max plank hold 5:22.39 and 2:03.33. I did not read my book today because I went to another city. Oh, but i was still able to finish the last episode of BEEF.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I am sorry you have had those experiences with the people around you. (You are right: their behaviour is about them, not about you at all.)
Kudos for all the work you have done to better yourself and for making it to a place of being motivated to workout for YOU!

I am glad you found your way into the DAREBEE Hive!

:hug:

heeropotter

from Philippines
Today I am able to make videos (which i will only post tomorrow) of days 21 to 25 of 60 Days of HIIT. it means that aside from Level 3 of Day 24, I had to repeat at least one set of Days 21 to 23. I also made an advanced video of Day 25 - meaning, one set.

300 push-ups
max plank: 5:24.33 and 2:05.36
read 7 pages of my book
2 episodes of THE GOLDEN SPOON from Disney+

heeropotter

from Philippines
I am sorry you have to deal with some pretty horrible people (bullies), but I am glad that you used that to fuel your fire and do the best for yourself!

The best revenge is to simply be happy. ;)
thank you @MadamMeow! for that reason i always felt like i am not normal, or i am simply different from the rest. but... "what makes you different makes you beautiful", right?

heeropotter

from Philippines
I am sorry you have had those experiences with the people around you. (You are right: their behaviour is about them, not about you at all.)
Kudos for all the work you have done to better yourself and for making it to a place of being motivated to workout for YOU!

I am glad you found your way into the DAREBEE Hive!

:hug:
thanks @Laura Rainbow Dragon! I am "creating my own rainbows every day" with you and our fellow bees :lilbee:

heeropotter

from Philippines
At work, I felt a sense of accomplishment finishing a statistics board for everyone else in the office to benefit.

Today’s exercises:

Max plank: 5:26.41 and 2:07.37

300 push-ups

60 Days of HIIT: Day 26 Level 3

Stability Workouts Collection: Better Balance

Today’s indulgence: 2 episodes of The Golden Spoon

heeropotter

from Philippines
I did not do much exercises today, just the usual 300 push-ups, Level 3 of 60 Days of HIIT, and max plank of 5:27.40 / 2:08.32 (on its 9th day) because we went to a coastal town the entire day and enjoyed the most delicious LAING "dried or withered [leaves] dish I have ever tasted in my life. I also took videos of birds flying along the coast which I will post tomorrow on TikTok.

Last edited:

heeropotter

from Philippines
today I had fieldwork and therefore was not able to exercise much. but I can't break the 60 Days of HIIT and the max plank so I tried my best to still do it: Level 3 of Day 29 and 5:29.45 / 2:10.38 of the 11th day of max plank. I walked a little towards the sea where I could take photos and videos of the smallest active volcano in the world: Taal Volcano.422700278_737639525097840_5946975302437057511_n.jpg

heeropotter

from Philippines
Today is a special day because I am on a Streak! 30 days!!!!!!

300 push-ups
Level 3 of this
Day 12 of max plank: 5:30.43 and 2:11.39 (I still feel like I am getting the flu every time I do this)

And for the sake of 4 other videos that I wasn't able to do:
1 set each of Days 26 to 29 of 60 Days of HIIT.

heeropotter

from Philippines
I am busy today, and it's 30 minutes before 11 in the evening already, and I haven't done the max plank yet. It is Day 13, and until now, I have blamed myself for doing this one-month challenge, which is really challenging my will. Yes, the will to continue doing this is the real challenge. So that I can take the 5minute off my mind, I watched a pimple-popping video (which I find very satisfying) on my cellphone while doing the plank, and I succeeded: 5:31.37 and 2:12.39.

Level 3 of Day 31 (60 Days of HIIT)
and only 90 push-ups

heeropotter

from Philippines
Unfortunately yesterday I had a terrible headache and could not do any exercises. For this reason, my streak goes back to zero.

Today's exercises:

300 push-ups
Day 21 of max plank: 5:39.40 and 2:20.31.
Day 39 of 60 Days of HIIT (Level 3)

Caught up exercises:
Day 22 of max plank: 5:40.29 and 2:21.27. Man, I am telling you, this is a torture.
Day 40 of 60 Days of HIIT (Level 3)

TV series indulgence: first episode of F4 Thailand

heeropotter

from Philippines
Today's exercises:

300 push-ups
Day 26 of max plank: 5:44.34 and 2:25.38. If anyone thinks this is easy, they are mistaken. I am 4 days shy of one month into this challenge, but I still find it very difficult.
Day 44 of 60 Days of HIIT (Level 3)

Reality TV Indulgence: the seventh and 8th episode of Survivor Australia (Season 11)

heeropotter

from Philippines
Today's exercises:

300 push-ups
Day 48 of 60 Days of HIIT (Level 3)

And because this is the last day of the challenge (max plank) I took, I extended it to more than just one second each, thus making it to 6:05.38 and 3:06.28. I can endure it longer with determination, but I will do that next time.