Happy New Year!!!

Dave

from Ohio
"Brand new"
I am brand new to Darbee and I believe there is some Devine intervention that brought me here.
I am a 47 year old former high school wrestler who went from being in unbelievably good shape to an overweight middle age dad. I have tried in the past to start working out and have failed every time.
This past year, with the help of my adult son, was diagnosed with anxiety/depression and ADHD. Both of which I am currently taking medications. Mentally I feel better than I have in a long time. Physically I am out of shape and dislike how I look.
I really want to loose weight this year but I’m already afraid I am going to loose interest and give up… Any help or advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

F@tBaDgEr

from East midlands, england
Pronouns: She / her
"Now he was learning again how easy it was to be lonely in a crowd. - Peter May"
Welcome and good luck
I too was worried I would start and give up way too soon as I always have but I am now on day 19 not a massive amount but it is for me, I picked a program and after a week I was hooked. I think personally its because I don't have to worry about what exercises to do it's already planned, I've started super simple with some of the easiest programs then added a challenge or two, I find it also helps to log my training every day. It helps me process how well I've done and make me feel good about my workout.
Can not wait to see what you do :LOL:
You Can Do It GIF by bubly

bloody dunmeri

Spartan from Samara, Russia
Pronouns: she/her
"Pick your guts from the floor (c) Goliath by Architects"
I am brand new to Darbee and I believe there is some Devine intervention that brought me here.
I am a 47 year old former high school wrestler who went from being in unbelievably good shape to an overweight middle age dad. I have tried in the past to start working out and have failed every time.
This past year, with the help of my adult son, was diagnosed with anxiety/depression and ADHD. Both of which I am currently taking medications. Mentally I feel better than I have in a long time. Physically I am out of shape and dislike how I look.
I really want to loose weight this year but I’m already afraid I am going to loose interest and give up… Any help or advice would be welcomed and appreciated.
hey! welcome to DAREBEE!

Glad to hear you're taking meds and working on your mental state!

I know what your talking about. First of all, if you give up or so to say «fail» once just pick up where you left in a while and do better next time =)

Second thing, there are badges you can get here at DAREBEE. For me, they work as a motivation to keep going. For example now I'm working to get the 60 day of working out everyday badge. Sometimes I don't feel like working out, being lazy or lose motivation. But even a 15 min walk counts as exercise for me.

i'd suggest you start a challenge (like the walking one) and an easy 30-day program. And try and push through these day by day. It gets easier once you build a habit =)

Wish you luck on your journey! And Happy New Year! :heart:

Brontus

Ranger from Anchorage, Alaska
Hey Dave,
Welcome. I too have anxiety/depression and ADHD and I know how tough it is to have all three of those things working against you.
I have tried to work out and failed multiple times as well. I know it can annoying and embarrassing and frustrating.
Don't be afraid.
There will be days where you lose focus or get off track or just feel totally detached from the world.
Learn to forgive yourself for those days. It will take effort.
Learn to accept those days for what they are and try again the next day or the next day. This will take effort, too.
I know it can be easy to think of all the ways things could go wrong, but try not to defeat yourself before you get started.
You might stumble upon something that keeps your mind stimulated enough to keep you motivated and interested.

gerbil

Assassin from winterset iawa
"if it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you"
welcome hope you have a good year and its okay i have to take 10 pills a day for ADHD and listening