In the Lion's den

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I'm so lost... I wish I knew what's going on...
Sounds like you're in a very tough spot, sorry to hear it.
If you were to ask yourself 'what is going on?', what answer(s) would you receive?

kalin

from Ville La Grand, France
Nothing wrong with guesswork! Everyone's path is different, so trying different things and getting small wins along the way will get you far.

The main thing is to get the guesswork out of your head and into action.

Our paths are different, so I don't know what your solution is. I can only share my experience. If there is anything here that helps, use it, and ignore the rest.

When I was at my lowest and a danger to myself and others, I checked myself into the hospital and stayed for a few weeks until i was safe. There is no shame in that.

The medication gave me just enough drive to explore ways to feel good naturally

A few things that changed my life:

- Sun and dark exposure.
Basically, following the rhythm of the sun. It lets the brain know where we are in time so that certain chemical processes happen. This optimizes sleep and hormone production, among other things. The huberman lab has some great episodes on this.

- i took a dna test.
I learned biological factors that contributed to my anxiety, depression and inability to manage stress. These have turned out to be completely manageable now that i am aware of them. Knowledge is power.

- walked the dogs at the local animal shelter.
There is something unbelievably healing about being unconditionally loved, even for a moment. You get to spend time outside, in the sun, moving your body, with a being that is 100% happy that you exist and infinitely grateful for your presence.

If you are allergic to dogs, take an anti-histamine and do it anyway. It is that worth it.

Now i am living a happy and healthy life, free of any medications. It really is possible to get there.

As you try things, just be easy on yourself. No shame, no blame. You will get there. One day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. It is worth it. You are worth it.

Sending you hugs and positivity