The tra1n1ng journal cont1nues

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
When you have a medical problem it is normal to want more than one opinion from more than one doctor and then choose which one is best for you.
So it's okay to try multiple therapists until you find the right one :)

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 576
The approach is dependent on the situation and what the person is feeling fear about. Fear and pride go hand-in-hand... they're twin bullies. I know a lot of people who don't want the "crazy" label. To them, therapy means you're messed up somehow and often comes with drug prescriptions (which is bad in their eyes). A lot of people don't want to go through the torture of finding the "right" prescription, either. So, they figure they can tough out their issues. So, perhaps, a gentler approach to start, which may open a doorway for them to consider the need for therapy later. Start with homeopathic solutions or self-soothing methods... Bring up counseling as added encouragement for them to find someone to hear them without the fear of drug prescriptions being shoved down their throats... When all "natural" or "safe" solutions are ruled out, they'll be more open to listening to your considerations for them concerning a licensed therapist. It won't hurt to pray for them in the meantime... Some may say it doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt, either. If nothing else, you're sending positive wishes for them into the cosmos.

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
@OJJJEM's post made me actually think a bit and how I, as a "therapies? Bah, humbug" person feel about some of the points, just to shed some more insight. The person close to you might think completely different, of course, but more point of views can't hurt, I guess.
Fear and pride might be a good one, more so than "crazy", at least in my case. I don't care for being labelled crazy, but I would feel like a weak person if I'd have to accept the help of someone who doesn't know me to fix something I should fix myself. If I can't fix my own mental issues, I don't see why anyone else should/could. Fear might play into that, because I would feel at the mercy of some stranger with some fancy degree who hands me a standard fix to get my money. Yes, I'm prejudiced. That, and I distrust doctors.
Medication is out of the question, too, so OJJJEM's right about that one. About homeopathic methods I'd say that probably depends on the person and how much she believes in it.
What came to mind earlier is that if you want to push her gently into the direction, trying to lower the initial bar could work. Something along a first appointment over phone, or maybe even text chat. I would imagine that if I'd get convinced to something like that, I'd feel reassured that I can just hang up or close the chat window after the appointment and never have to think about it again. I don't even have to meet the therapist in person. Awesome. And who knows, maybe the appointment isn't all that bad and I might consider a follow up. You probably get the idea.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
Pronouns: she/her
All of you are angels, @OJJJEM, @lofivelcro, @Fremen

I’ll definitely take all this into consideration for my battle plan, so to speak. I’ll probably bring these up to my own therapist next time I see him, see what he thinks.

613 - Flex hold for three and a half minutes, and we are now playing Ghost of Tsushima the fish way. 50 punches for each hostage saved. 250 punches in total. Chest and back light and… oh yeah. I had that goal to go under 210 so…

Weigh in - 207.5

Sweet! Okay, now, let’s do a goal for February - Stay under 210 and see where it goes.

7 - Meditated for three minutes

Good thing - Well I’m under 210!! Let’s try and get more. I don’t have a goal weight necessarily except for just, yknow, not having doctors tell me to lose pounds lol

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@lofivelcro Couldn't have done it without you, buddy.

So... The monthly challenge, Warrior Abs. I'm gonna attempt. I can't complete a sit up without difficulty, but at the same time...

Monthly goal - Get better at sit ups! Because my abs are so hella weak that no wonder I can't do 'em too well! For the one minute punches, I'm sure that doesn't mean like rapid-fire jabs, I'll be sure to not go too insane and wreck my shoulders. But that's what we're gonna do. Yes, we're. Plural. Let's go, friends. TO ABS!

614 - Wow, I SUCK at sit ups and to anyone watching they probably looked like weird punch crunches. I do not care LMAO. I cannot accomplish one fully without extreme effort but I TRIED DANK IT. Chest and back light, 3 and a half minute flex hold.

7 - Meditated for three minutes

Good thing - Cooper went to the vet for his allergy shots and according to mom, his exam went perfectly. All of the vets were in the exam room with him because they love him so much. Our little celebrity.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
615 - Warrior abs day 2, did path of staff and axe to make up for forgetting the optional thing yesterday. 3 minute clench/unclench and I feel like I did something else I just can't remember.

8 - Meditated for three minutes.

Good thing - Hung out with dad while he played poker on the PS5. Watched him absolutely wreck someone at the end. It was gr8.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@lofivelcro My dad is a friggin' legend.

616 - Warrior abs day 3 with better situps (I think I did them too slowly last time), chest and back light, four minute flex hold.

8 - Three minute meditation.

Good thing - My friend keeps sending me photos of their cat, Wally. Wally is an enormous cat who is just a giant baby. I want to be his friend. Please just imagine the most obscenely large cat that could be considered a house cat, and that's Wally.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@aku-chan OH GOD I FORGOT THEY DID UNTIL YOU MENTIONED IT, that's how bad my memory is. Doubling up today.

@OJJJEM SHOW. ME. THE. BOY.

617 - Warrior abs day 4 with a banana hold and 30 flutter kicks. I also moved my entire bureau thingie all on my own because... A plumber had to check our heaters and such because a pipe exploded so he had to move it. Also did forty crunch kicks.

... Yeah.

... We're okay it was just very alarming to see water come out of the ceiling fan. Yep, I'm in that polar vortex thingie in the northeastern US and ahaalkdslkj;skljdadlka;sjasdj THAT'S ALL I'M DOING I DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT

9 - Three minute meditation.

Good thing - Oh my God today was rough but that made the instant ramen I had for lunch so much better, and the English muffin I had for breakfast tasted like if Gordon Ramsay himself descended upon this freezing home to toast and butter the thing for me.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
620 - Warrior abs day seven with path of the staff, chest and back light, three minute flex hold.

12 - Three minute meditation.

Good thing - I have had Bury the Light from the DMC5 soundtrack stuck in my head for a week and I am not even close to being mad. I've also never played a DMC game in my life.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
621 - Warrior abs day eight with path of the staff, chest and back light, three minute clench/unclench.

13 - Three minute meditation.

Good thing - Spent some more time with dad tonight while he was playing poker on the ps5. It's been a near nightly thing and it's lovely.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
622 - Warrior abs day nine with path of the staff, three minute flex hold.

14 - Five minute meditation. I needed it.

Good thing - Yeah, maybe I should normalize a five minute meditation. Today was stressful. I'm okay, I just can't go into too many details but boy do I wish people would listen to me because I have this awful tendency to be correct. It's a curse lmao. But at least I also had curry noodles today at the office.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@BlackButler Whoa, hi there! :D Hope it was a good read dear, thanks for poppin' by.

623 - Warrior abs day ten with path of the staff, three minute clench/unclench, 20 calf raises, chest and back light, lifting Cooper up for the sake of cuddles...

15 - Five minute meditation

Good thing - Early Stardew night since I'm gonna be out doing stuff tomorrow. Need dat fren time.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
624 - Warrior abs day eleven with path of the staff, four minute flex hold, chest and back light.

16 - Five minute meditation

Good thing - Fren time happened. I am pleased. NOW WHO IS READY TO GO TO BED BEFORE MIDNIGHT. MEEE

Also there was a slaying on Wurm today and someone gave me a hat as thanks for alcohol I brought in the game. I'm so happy. It's such a sweet thing.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
Knockin' this out before I watch the Superb Owl with my family.

625 - Warrior abs day 12 with path of the staff, four minute flex hold, chest and back light.

17 - Five minute meditation

Good thing - Mom is cooking MANY FOOD RIGHT NOW COME OVER GUYS

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
626 - Finally, we got the Lilo and Stitch number. Chest and back light, two minutes of backfists, 4 minutes clench/unclench, path of the staff before and after day 13 of warrior abs.

18 - Five minute meditation before and after workout, so ten minutes in total.

Good thing - SO UH. Yeah. Before and after meditation made everything feel so much easier and wonderful for working out and now I feel genuinely peaceful and shid. 10/10 would recommend.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
627 - Chest and back light, 40 leg raises, 30 second banana hold-- I mean, path of the bow before warrior abs day 14, path of the staff after, 4 minute clench/unclench, 40 calf raises.

19 - Five minute meditation before and after workout, ten minutes total.

Good thing - More sunlight..!! Perhaps I can take after work walks soon.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
628 - 40 v-extensions, path of the bow before day 15 of warrior abs, path of the staff after.

20 - Five minute meditation before and after workout, ten minutes total.

Good thing - Since my buddy is moving out of state we had dinner at the local Cracker Barrel tonight. However, everyone now has a "so this is my friend Fish in a nutshell" story because I tripped and absolutely ate it, but what helped break my fall was... A ball of yarn in my pocket too big for my purse that I brought so I could crochet there.

Today, I became a parody of myself and it is funny af.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
629 - Path of the bow before day 16, path of the staff after, chest and back light, 4 minute clench/unclench.

21 - Five minute meditation before workout and after shower, ten minutes in total.

Good thing - It was such a nice day out today! It's probably fool's spring though, but... But still. Come on, we can go for walks soon! :D

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
630 - Path of the staff after day 17, chest and back light, four minute flex hold. There was an attempt at the sixty balance leg swings. The attempt will now be scrubbed from your memories for how bad it was.

21 - Five minute meditation before posting.

Good thing - ALRIGHT SO, went to the doctors today. Doc noticed via my log that my beeg awful headaches tend to happen during my period. Doc says hey let's do this thing where when you're on the placebo week of your birth control, screw it, just start the first week of the next month of birth control and then stop that on month 3.

So one period every three months.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YES

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@Tileenah Oh no!

Same here. I'll likely still have them from time to time but largely, they're around that time of the month... And my time of the month tends to be around the end of the month e_e so around holidays and fun stuff. Thanks dear <3

631 - Path of the staff after day 18, chest and back light, two minute elbow clicks, four minute clench/unclench.

22 - Five minute meditation before posting!

Good thing - Stardew night happened. It was gud. Oh! And today was the last indoor farmers market for my town, it begins outdoors in May. I got some good stuff for the family, and someone gave me free hot chocolate mix. I also tried a sample of a cricket protein bar. I might end up getting some.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@lofivelcro Then I will tell you nothing.

632 - Path of the bow before day 19, then path of the staff. Chest and back light, 4 minute flex hold, some walking.

23 - Five minute meditation after workout.

Good thing - Did some shopping today for things and now I pray to God that when I send things out tomorrow to Canada I will still have money left.

Speaking of money, so uh, while it's fine now my laptop had to restart due to some system error... Does anyone have any recommendations on good gaming laptops? (Not desktops, I wanna be portable)

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
>cricket protein bar
Cricket as in the sport or as in the insect? Please tell me it's the first one :oops:
Though we may think it disgusting, the ratio of proteins in insects are actually pretty amazing... With pretty much no fat associated. And they're pretty durable ecologically speaking, even in farms (they don't take lots of space and don't require tons of water, or antibiotics like what they use for herds). It's time to go hakuna matata 😉😂
(around 2'30")

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@Tileenah Exactly! I mean it does sound so weird but I'm sure that our current diet would weird our ancestors out. I'm pretty sure my Irish ancestors would look at an Olive Garden kitchen and be like "wat"

@lofivelcro I can understand if it isn't for everyone. When I had the sample I couldn't tell it was bug protein at all. Not that I'm exactly a protein sommelier but y'know what I mean? As for a steam deck, maybe in the future. I need something to do work on too.

Protein sommelier... Now that's a job.

633 - Chest and back light, four minute clench/unclench (someday I'll get to five...), path of the bow before day 20 and path of the staff after.

24 - Five minute meditation after workout!

Good thing - Went to the dentists. NO CAVITIES BABYYYY

Last edited:

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@Tileenah Oh defo not for everyone.

634 - Chest and back light, four minute flex hold, path of the bow before day 21 and path of the staff after.

25 - Five minute meditation a few minutes ago.

Good thing - Cooper went to the groomers today and his fluffy levels are so high that if I were to attempt to comprehend them then I would go mentally insane due to the sheer weight of this cosmic knowledge.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@lofivelcro No seizures still. His blood pressure is normal. Everything is like... Normal. The groomer said that maybe it wasn't a seizure (maybe), that maybe he was really deep in sleep and was really hazy when he got up. So I'm just. ?????????????????????????????????

But also, he loves you.

635 - Chest and back light, MANAGED TO DO A FIVE MINUTE FLEX HOLD and meditated a during it, path of the bow before day 22- ... Oh I didn't do path of the staff after. ... I'll do that tomorrow. Also did some calf raises.

26 - Three minute meditation before posting this, five minutes during the flex hold which I think is what helped me do it.

Good thing - I mean, dude, five minute flex hold, that's neat!

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
Thank you beautiful people <3

636 - OKAY. WE DID IT. FIVE MINUTE CLENCH AND UNCLENCH. Can we keep it up? we’ll see. Chest and back light, day 23 with path of bow and before and after path of staff.

27 - Five minute meditation before posting.

Good thing - Made delicious curry noodles with delicious locally grown carrots. Aww yeah. We COOKIN.

Last edited:

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
637 - FOUND A NEW WORKOUT
<--- Did about ten of these, charging up with ten bounces. Kamehameha with me!

Chest and back light, path of the bow before 24, path of the staff after, some calf raises, five minute flex hold. Yep, we are gonna keep going with the five minutes.

28 - Five minute meditation before writing.

Good thing - went to the local Asian market and got sake I like since next weekend I defy Christendom by turning 30. Got my mom some cake there since she’s been so stressed. I think it helped.

Cooper status - Fluffy and cute.

Last edited:

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
638 - Oops, been saying path of the axe instead of staff for a few days... Lemme just edit that... Hi everyone! Path of the bow before day 25, path of the STAFF after, chest and back light, five minute clench/unclench.

29 - Didn't count the minutes, but I did meditate before working out because hoo boy was I anxious about a thing and just needed to breathe.

Good thing - Hung out with Cooper when mom and dad were at dinner with friends. It was adorable how he asked me permission to get in a chair by looking at me and being like "... ?"

Cooper status - floof

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
639 - Chest and back light, five minute flex hold, day 26 with path of the bow and staff since I forgot to do it before... It's not a requirement I'm just silly.

30 - Few minutes before posting because oops lol POSTED IT BEFORE MIDNIGHT SO IT COUNTS

Good thing - I made pasta. This is not helping with my weight loss. But it is giving me more cooking exp.

Cooper status - He stole dads seat on the couch today. He does this often. It is adorable.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
640 - Chest and back light, five minute clench/unclench, 10 kamehamehas, path of the bow before day 27 and path of the staff after.

31 - Five minutes before workout, five before posting.

Good thing - Hung out with my buddy before he moves in a couple days. We stayed in line so long at the post office that I literally decided to try and read more One Piece.

Cooper status - Goodest boy of course.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
641 - Chest and back light, five minute flex hold, Protagonist level 3 with EC, 10 kamehamehas, path of the bow before day 28 and path of the staff after.

32 - Meditated ten minutes earlier in the day.

Good thing - Looking at how much I did workout wise today I am happy with myself.

Cooper status - Barking at everything, but also a good boy.

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
642 - Chest and back light and five minute clench/unclench and that is all you're getting out of me because I have a headache from Hell and Imma go to bed. Gnight. I love you.

32 - Five minute meditation a few minutes before posting.

Good thing - At least I got out of the house! I saw a doggo at the registry. His name is Arrow. He is the goodest of not Cooper boys.

Cooper status - Good boi!

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
@Tileenah I think that worked. I mean I still have a headache but it's not as bad so let's say it's a different one and your wishes came true. Thanks dear <3

643 - Chest and back light, five minute flex hold, path of the bow before warrior abs day 29 and path of the staff after. I wanted to finish it today but after that I just felt kinda dizzy and hot so I like. Stopped.

33 - Five minute meditation!

Good thing - Well my headache and overall unwellness was a blessing in disguise, because I stayed at home today from work (due to my 3 day work week I only go into the office proper on Thursdays) and uh. I guess the roads were insanely bad here. Dodged a bullet. Or a bus. (A bus. I would have dodged a bus.)

Cooper status - Did you guys know that Cooper loves pumpkin bread?

f1shie

Honeybee from 'MURRCA
644 - Chest and back light, five minute clench/unclench, path of the bow and staff after day 30 and BOOM! WARRIOR ABS DONE.

So for this monthly challenge, my buddy suggested Power Punch. Although I've done it already, I wanna see how much better I've gotten! I'll begin tomorrow.

34 - Five minute meditation!

Good thing - HEADACHE MOSTLY GONE YAY

Cooper status - Mom went grocery shopping today, so it was me and Coop. He was the goodest lad while I played Ghost of Tsushima.