No rest for the wicked

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
If I had a treadmill I wouldn´t be using this ancient piece of junk. Every movement is accompanied by sounds the Titanic made while sinking, it´s extremely annoying.
Treadmills are also very loud. I had one for a while, and used to run on it while watching television. I stopped because I was concerned for my hearing. I watched television on volume 10 when sitting down, but had to crank the volume up to 25 to hear what people were saying while I was using the treadmill!

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Pronouns: He
"I am the one thing in life I can control"
This is your call. There's no Badge Police at DAREBEE to tell you can or cannot have a few pixels on your profile.
Even if there was, I probably wouldn´t listen to them. I don´t submit to authority very well :D And there´s no other way for me to run. I still don´t have running shoes or workout clothes, don´t even have normal shoes anymore. Have to wear my steeltoed workboots everywhere.
Treadmills are also very loud. I had one for a while, and used to run on it while watching television.
I do that too. I usually have the volume somewhere between 12 and 15, but when I´m on my machine thingy it has to be at least 22, currently 25 after the most recent sounds started. I thought about getting some kind of bluetooth adapter thingy for my PC so I could just use my headphones since they´re pretty good at noice cancelling, but that would probably cost money :D

Consecutive Days: 105

Weight: forgot again...
GTBOT: :x:
GUOT: :v:
Go outside: :x:
5 Up & Down Planks: :x:
Workout: Chest & Back Light
1 minute rest
Refresh
Machine: 0.5km, 0.5km

Yeah, today is not a good day for me. Been having some stomach problems so any physical activity that takes longer than a few minutes isn´t really possible today. Yaaaay...
But at least I´m getting a lot done for saturday.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days:110 (unless I counted wrong)

So, it´s been a while since my last checkin here but I can explain. Since I had to make a completely new session for DnD saturday I kinda had a really really big stress/panic /whatever problem on friday, somehow managed to build the session, played it on saturday (everybody said I was way better than our old DM, so I think my days as a player are officially over :( ), was completely overwhelmed by all the social stuff on saturday, started feeling drained and tired on sunday and monday and today another stomach bug. But, I kept going. With what little I could do. And I kinda fixed my machine. The horrible creaking sound is much less noticable, but now there´s a weird rattle. Gotta find some real tools (been screwing things in with a pair of pliers :D ) and take another look at it.

Went on a walk yesterday and today, 2km on the machine yesterday and today, Refresh everyday. Bedtime and wakeup on schedule every day, except for weekends, as usual.
I´m gonna start doing my usual checkin tomorrow.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 111

Weight: 112,7kg (that´s really amazing, considering I only did the absolute minimum for almost a week)
GTBOT: :v:
GUOT: :v: 9am, I´m starting to get up earlier. Works so far...
5 Up & Down Planks: :x: Nope, doesn´t work anymore. Gotta find something easier.
Workout: Better Than Nothing: 3 sets with EC
Machine: 1km, 2km, 2km, 1km

I´m gonna make a "diary" entry later, because I have a lot of stuff I need to process by writing it down, so stay tuned for that later :D And I´m just gonna edit this entry for "Go outside", additional machine stuff and maybe even a second workout.

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 112

Weight: 113kg
Go outside: :v:
5 Up & Down Planks: :x: Still doesn´t work, can´t even do a simple plank
Workout: Shoulderwork
Machine: 1km, 1km,
There might still be more, couldn´t really use it today because I was drying a blanket over the handles. I don´t really have a better place to dry large things...

Yeah, a kinda easy day today, my calves are really sore, so I decided to give them a rest today.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Still alive.

Consecutive Days: 117

GTBOT: :x: :x: :x: :v: :v:
GUOT: :x: :x: :x: :v: :v:
Go outside: Saturday and Sunday
Machine: 3km everyday
Workout: Refresh first thing every day and before going to bed, 5 sets of Better Than Nothing Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Right now is not a good time. I completely failed again. End of the month, I´m no longer enrolled at university. A) can´t afford it. B) missed the deadline for paying anyway. C) I´m not gonna survive in an office job anyway. D) I was failing all my classes anyway since my ADHD is preventing me from literally doing anything
So starting in April I´ll either get back to a dead end job that I hate, and that´ll make me a cripple by 40 and a corpse by 50 or welfare. Absolutely loving my prospects... So yeah, my depression is worse than ever.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days:118

Workout: Refresh 3 times
Machine: 1km

And today actually got worse. Went to my old company to ask for my job back, since I know they´re hiring and are desperately looking for trained landscapers. "Don´t take it personal, but we´d be hiring absolutely anybody, except you, of course." Thanks you so much, go f*** yourself!

I´m super pissed, understandably, I´d say.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Still alive, wishing I wasn´t.

Consecutive Days: 121 (I think?)

I´m just gonna make one post for everything since thursday.

Bedtime: Yes
GUOT: Yes, even on the weekend, got up at 7:30 every single day, sucks butt, don´t know why.
Went on a walk either Friday or Saturday, can´t remember
Workout: Refresh a few times a day
Machine: The annoying sound is back, except for when I lean back, which is very uncomfortable

Yeah, kinda spiralled. Hard. Been drinking hard since Thursday, started smoking again (went through a whole pack in 4 days, luckily it´s empty now). My genes suck, a lot, only one in my family balding, only one with neurological problems, no decent beard growth... Only thing that´s great is my tolerance for alcohol. It takes a lot (drank half a bottle of whiskey and 5 liters of beer on friday and was slightly buzzed) for me to get drunk and it stays in my system for a while. Started sobering up today though. Good thing though, I´ll have a bit more money as soon as I return the empty cans :D

My best friend finally had time for me today, so the spiral stopped, luckily. We ate pizza, watched the Tarantino Django and talked for ages. I´m starting to focus on the good things, like the last 2 Korpiklaani songs, the Hamilton Polka by Weird Al, my stupid comfort shows (Brooklyn 99 and Parks and Rec), my new comfy blankets (a gift from somebody here and, probably most importantly, my DnD group. My best friend and his GF have been doing a lot of things to support me when DMing, printing out the maps, finding and curating the playlists, playing the music so I could focus on DMing and, drumroll please, they actually bought a 3d printer after I jokingly nagged him to use his paycheck for something good for once, so now we can print minis for the players, maybe even for the bosses, as long as I find a free program or thingy to design the bosses that´s easy to use. And now that the One Shot is over, we had our first session without major problems and we´re playing by book now, prep time should take much less time. And they´re all really happy that I´m the DM now. I´m still super sad that I wont be a player anymore. My best friends GF told me today that the session with me was the first time she ever had fun playing DnD, which is basically the biggest one of the very few compliments I ever got in my life :D

Last edited:

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 122

Workout: Refresh first thing out of bed
Machine: nope

Spent today in the forest. Cutting down, sawing to length, splitting and carrying 3 metric tons of fresh oak. Can´t move anymore :D Gonna find some food, put a DVD in and get back into my warm comfy bed.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 124

Go outside: not yet, probably nope
Workout: Refresh first thing, maybe I´ll do something else, if I find a workout that doesn´t incorporate the back, feet, shoulders and arms :D

Machine: 0.5km very very very slowly, another 0.5km slightly faster than last time

Somehow my ankle is worse than yesterday. But, my neck doesn´t hurt anymore :D I should probably rethink doing physical labour for the rest of my life

Last edited:

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 126

Refresh First Thing: :v:
Refresh Last Thing: :v:
Workout:
Machine: nope. My left ankle still hurts and the elliptical is a total no go :D

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Today

Consecutive Days: 127

Last Thing: :v:
Workout: Better Than Nothing: 3 sets with EC
Machine: nope. Left ankle still hurts (although slightly less) and now the knee hurts too... Somebody kill me now :eyes:

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 128

Last Thing: :v:
Workout: Better Than Nothing 3 sets with EC, Step jacks instead of Jumping Jacks
Machine: 0.5km, 1km,

Yeah, leg still isn´t better. I should probably just chop it off an get a peg leg. I could be a pirate, although I assume the Somalis don´t hire pasty ass white boys :( I´d be an awesome pirate though. I could even wear an eyepatch, my left eye is utterly useless anyway :D

Yeah, elliptical was super fun today. Had to turn the volume of my shows way up so I wouldn´t hear the creaking machine or my groaning. But I got no choice. Apparently I´m up to 115kg, which is absolutely depressing. I work my ass off for half a year for absolutely no results at all, and I have to take it easy for a week because I´m injured and I gain so much weight? And I didn´t even eat a lot or anything, still slowly starving myself to death because I can´t afford food...

Last edited:

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Consecutive Days: 130

Weight: 113,3kg. At least not 115 anymore
Go outside: technically :v:
Last Thing: