♡ The Long and Winding Road: A Daydream Believer Finding Nirvana ♡

BlackButler

Witcher from Kent
"True Failure is Never Attempting"
Hey good to see you again :) I'm so sorry to hear about your mum but very glad the treatment is working
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

LizardFriend95

Warrior from The Yellow Submarine in the Merry Old Land of Oz
Pronouns: she/her
"I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head."
The mailbox babies did hatch (not sure the exact date) but they flew the coop one month after we found the eggs. We did get to see little nakie birdies and when they first got their feathers. We tried not to look too much, but it’s hard to resist sometimes! We got to see two fly out. I think we’re going to eventually invest in one of those spy birdhouses so we can actually see them more.

LizardFriend95

The weather is finally calming down, so I feel better about trying to exercise again. The problem is it’s hot and space is an issue now. I’ll get there eventually. Right now, I’m worn out from social interactions. My cousin’s husband is in the military and they just moved to my state with their two kids. Her mom (my aunt) came down and we all went out for lunch on Tuesday and did some shopping. Which was fine. Aunt said she’d come over to spend the weekend with us because my cousin was going out of town. She also said she’d be bringing two dogs over. My parents weren’t asked about this aspect, and my moms dog is an alpha male. Mom told her she wasn’t sure if her dog would let them, but we would have tried.

She ended up coming over for a bit on Friday, which was surprising because we figured she’d spend all day with her daughter and grandkids. We went shopping to pick out something for dinner Saturday night. She picked out something for her and her daughter's family to have for dinner that night at well. We ended up paying for that because the store wouldn’t take debit cards without a pin, which was news to us.

She changed the plans from staying over Saturday and Sunday to staying the majority of the day Saturday and going h back to her daughter's house to be with the dogs, then meeting up with some friends for lunch before heading back home. Fine. It’s also worth noting that she said she might be coming over on Thursday, then decided not to without telling us. Also during these two visits, whenever the conversation turned to my anxiety, suddenly I wasn’t a part of the conversation and if I tried to talk about MY condition, she’d flat out ignore me.

She comes over on Saturday and wanted to go shopping. We decided to wait for my sister to come over before we went (which meant we were sitting here for hours waiting). My sister brings over my cousin’s baby from the other side of our family. Now, bees, I know this is probably a horrible thing to say, but I do not like babies. I don’t like being touched by people in general, so I don’t want to be around a baby who’s going to grab at me (I know it’s something they do, but I don’t like it and they’re literally surrounded by other people who will let them touch them with no issue). I don’t want to be spit up on or anything like that, so I tend to stay away from “splash zones”. The only thing I said was I’d sit in the front seat. My aunt said, “What if I want to sit in the front?” I said I didn't want to sit in the back. So she said, “Well, I guess you’re staying here!” So I said, “Fine. I’ll stay here.” And bees, apparently responding that way to being told you’re staying (literally just saying fine) is disrespectful. I guess because I’m the baby of the family, I can’t say anything? I didn’t even raise my voice or anything! I’ll admit I am mouthy, but so is literally the rest of our family! Our family is next-level petty! And I know she’s heard worse and more attitude (anything could be more because I had no attitude with what I said). Also note that she had every intention of driving, so it wasn’t like I was going to take a seat away from her.

Never mind the fact that when I went out to help my sister bring stuff in, my aunt followed me and greeted my sister with, “My favorite neice! Well, one of them. I have two here.” No, you said what you said.

She’d also get mad if someone said something to anyone else while she was talking, but she stayed on her phone the entire time she was visiting. She didn’t hear half of what we said to her, no matter how many times.

But my favorite? My mom was talking about her sister, who passed because of COVID. My aunt said, “Are you sure it’s COVID?” Spouting conspiracy theories when my mom is talking about her dead sister. And that’s not disrespectful?

My frustration with her is more because of several backhanded and off-color remarks she made that her telling me to stay here. Especially when one of the biggest contentions is that I keep to myself a lot. So when I do try to make an effort and be present, having someone ignore everything you say (except “fine,” apparently) is aggravating.

Oh, well. I’m just going to cuddle my pets and recharge.

UPDATE: Apparently, it was me saying “I’ll sit in the front,” that was rude! :LOL: I guess she complained about that to my mom.

Last edited:

JCU

Scout from WNY
Pronouns: She/Her
I'm so sorry you have to deal with such a toxic family member. I had an aunt very similar to that and in the end I just stopped trying; she wasn't going to listen. My life has been so much better!

I understand that may not be fully possible for you. For the sake of your mental health, maybe try not being around her? Also: RECORD IT! If she tries saying anything, you'll have proof of her behavior.

Kudos to you for trying at all! :hug:

And don't worry about the baby thing. We all have our dislikes and the everything of babies is entirely understandable.

LizardFriend95

@JCU She’s not around much since she lives in a different state. This is the first time I’ve seen her in almost four years. She’s always been like this (at any given moment, at least half of her kids aren’t talking to her), and there are things she’s said regarding her own grandkids that I will never respect her because of. We’ve always tried to be nice and deal with things, since until now it’s been relatively mild and visits were short. We’d usually only spend a week out there, and there were plenty of other family members so it wasn’t ever a one-on-one situation. And of course it’s post 2016/pandemic and people feel more comfortable saying things they shouldn’t. She’s actually on her way back home now.

The only baby I had anything to do with was my nephew, which was completely different in my mind, probably because I saw him more often. He was a good baby, too.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾July 12 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
➽───────────────────────────────────❥
Yoga with Adriene Total Body Yoga 20-Minute Deep Core Yoga

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 0 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (970)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (232+)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (N/A)
⊰✔⊱𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ Bonus Stats☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
2,776 Steps
51 Active Minutes
3 Heart Points

Duolingo: PeaceLoveNirvana
Goodreads

Been a little while!

Minor rant about previous situation:
I’m mostly finding the status on with my aunt hilarious, because I know that I’m not the first “child” that spoke to her “that way.” We are family, and we’ve been witness to arguments between her and her kids. I’m pretty sure both my siblings - and me, if I’m being honest - have said way worse things at one point or another without much of a fuss. So me and my family (mom, dad, brother, and my two maternal aunts) have been joking about me being so disrespectful. But I’m also kind of frustrated about it for mostly the same reasons. Like, I mostly don’t think about it, but at the same time, when I do, I’m aggravated along with my amusement. Family.

I enjoyed a birthday drink from Dutch Bros on Sunday. No, it wasn’t actually my birthday, but somehow I accidentally put July instead of June when I was creating my account. So I’ve got two birthdays now! The Chocolate Crunch drink? Soooo good!

We actually went back Tuesday for some more. I got it in my usual type, a freeze, and my brother got the rest of the family (including himself) the same drink in a frost. My mom tried his frost on Sunday. She’s not a coffee drinker, and will not drink anything that she can taste the coffee in. She said she could handle that one, which was why we got her one on Tuesday. But I think I figured out Tuesday that it doesn’t actually have coffee in it? I’m not sure.

I think I’m going to focus on yoga for now. WHy I decided to start with a core one, I’m not sure.

But everything’s been pretty good. The only drama in my life right now is what’s on Claim to Fame (and I’m really, really enjoying that drama).

LizardFriend95

[QUOTE="LizardFriend95, post: 𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾July 13 , 2023 (2 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Yoga with Adriene Airport Yoga 13 Minute Travel Yoga Practice

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (971)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (232+)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (N/A)
⊰✔⊱𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

1,472 Steps
28 Active Minutes
10 Heart Points

Goodreads

That yoga work out yeaterday? Probably the best core exercise I’ve ever done. I felt my entire core and was hyper-aware of how much you use core muscles for everyday movements. I was so sore!

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾July 18 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Eateatsquatsquat 5 Min Standing Glute Activation #3
Yoga with Bird 5 Minute Full Body Flow - Standing Yoga Flow

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (971)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (232+)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (N/A)
⊰✔⊱𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

1,770 Steps
30 Active Minutes
13 Heart Points

Goodreads

Took it easy for a few days because of how sore I was.

Did the first workout with a light resistance band. How do people keep them from rolling up on you? It’s probably because mine are cheap. But that was a fun hurdle. This was done mainly because I wanted a standing workout due to space limitations, and I wanted a little more lower body work.

On the bright side, doing that before yoga means it still gets my heart rate up.

Last edited:

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾August 1 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
FitOn Easy Bree-zy Stretcb
Yoga with Adriene 7-Minute Bedtime Yoga
Yoga with Kassandra 5-Minute Bedtime Positive Affirmations for Sleep

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 1 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (990)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (232+)
⊰✔⊱𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (N/A)
⊰✔⊱𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (1)

[ COLOR=#ff33cc] ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

2,111 Steps
33 Active Minutes
0 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

I ended up with a headache. Lately, when I get my breakthrough headaches, it’s like it’s an actual migraine. It’s not as bad as it usually would be and I don’t get sick, but I still need recovery time.

I tried to play on the Wii anyway. I had the idea to do the canoeing game while using my resistance band rower thing, but that didn’t work so well. I didn’t get to do it very long before my Wii remote quit on me. It wasn’t the batteries, because I tried switching it out. But I couldn’t get it to work. I do have an extra one, but the one that quit was a light-up pink one, which is my favorite. So I’m disappointed.

I’m trying to do my bedtime routine again because I haven’t been sleeping well at all lately.

I have been writing every day, but I need to figure out my streak again, because I slipped on my Habitica for a little bit. Slipped on a lot of things, really, but that’s fine.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 7 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Day 1 & 2
Daily Squats Challenge Day 1 & 2

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1027)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (19)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

2,560 Steps
39 Active Minutes
10 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

Rebuilding streaks at the moment. I lapsed on my reading and writing, but it’s fine.

My back has been hurting whenever I do the cat litters or clean the pet fountain, which is not fun. So I’m trying to fix that.

I did the better legs challenge on my Booty Maxx (I honestly really hate this name). I did the full thing (all 22 reps and 3 sets) on each side. Then I did the squats… I was trying to focus on improving my form, but it hurt my back so bad. So full squats are out, and I’m going to have to figure out how to build up to them.

Me, my mom, and my dad have been going to my little cousin’s (CL) baseball games. The first game, one of the first things my dad said to my cousin (D) was that I made her mom mad. Yes, he’s referring to the drama a few months ago (where I was “disrespectful”). We weren’t planning on saying anything (there was no telling what my aunt told her about the situation), but D said her mom must not have been too upset because she didn’t say anything to her. So there’s that.

The second game my parents went to, I didn’t go with them. It was storming that day (pretty much just thunder, I’m not sure if there was lightning or not) and I don’t like going out in that. Game got rained out anyway. They made them come back to the ball park the next day for two innings.

But I did go to CL’s game last night. Bees, I don’t follow sports. At all. I don’t have much of a clue what’s going on. I mean, I know some basics, but I don’t know all the rules. I’m pretty much just trying to see what CL is doing, anyway. The way I take it, last night was the first time the two teams were pretty evenly matched. CL’s team did really well, but there were a few calls that didn’t seem quite right (mostly going off my parents’ commentary, but I didn’t see some of the things that were said to have happened happen, even though I was watching). They ended up losing. The last I heard the score was like 9-2, but I’m not sure what it ended up being because the scoreboard wasn’t working.

My sister also came to the game with us for the first time. Most of it was spent helping CL’s little sister, CR, climb a tree and playing with Instagram filters.

We also found out during this trip that CR does gymnastics, which we had no idea about. She’s going to have some sort of meet or tournament (I told you I don’t know anything about sports :p) at the end of the month that I think we’re going to try go to. Not only do we want to support her anyway, but we don’t think it’s fair if she sees us constantly coming out to support her brother (at least when the games are near enough) and not her.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 8 , 2023 (2 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Day 3 & 4

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1028)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

2,267 Steps
37 Active Minutes
10 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

The bad thing about going to watch my little cousin play baseball is I always seem to have even more problems sleeping. The first time we got back relatively early, but Thursday’s game was later. We didn’t get back home until 9:00 pm. I didn’t get to sleep until late. Needless to say I was exhausted all day.

Managed to do the exercises again on the Booty Maxx, same as yesterday.

Didn’t manage to read.

I also messed up a while back. Fonzie has trouble eating out of the doggy bowl, so we will pour some out on the floor for him. It still takes him a while to eat, but it’s much easier that way. Well, sometimes he whines at me about it. There’s food on the floor but he still wants me to get up and go to pour some more out. And one day I very stupidly picked up a piece and he chased me down. I held both hands out and asked him to pick one. He really liked that game and would whine at me to play it again.

And if that wasn’t enough, now he wants me to throw a piece so he can play fetch with it. I mean, he eats it, but still. This little child is something else.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾September 11 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Day 5 & 6
Love Sweat Fitness Daily 10 (10 reps bicycles each side, 10 reps chest press, 10 reps banded donkey kicks, x3)
Tone It Up (32 reps sumo squats* to leg lifts, 32 reps banded pull aparts, 32 reps half kneeling single-arm banded curls, x2)
Yoga with Bird 10 Minute Yoga Flow for Flexibility

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1031)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (2)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

2,533 Steps
58 Active Minutes
23 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

So my plan is to stick to the workout schedule I set up a while back (full body on Monday, lower body on Tuesday, abs on Thursday, upper body on Friday, and rest days Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday), and I whenever I’m doing a challenge, I’ll still take the rest days as planned. That’s the reason I decided to double up on the Better Legs challenge.

Which is good, because I was way too tired Saturday and Sunday to do anything anyway.

The Tone It Up exercise called for squats, but I modified to to sumo squats. There was more to that workout (several plank variations) but when I tried, I didn’t feel I was going to have good enough form during it, so I decided it was best to just do the first three exercises.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾October 15 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Day 1 & 2

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1065)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (36)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

3,370 Steps
45 Active Minutes
8 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

Doing that challenge on the Booty Maxx has helped my back tremendously, even after I stopped doing the exercises. But now my back is hurting again, so I just have to find the energy to start again.

So the saga with my aunt continues…My dad is the type who will complain about anything and everything, which is not pleasant at all. And going to these baseball games is hard for me. Yes, it’s family, but I’m not a very social person, so going to the games often does take a toll on me. My depression has kind of been acting up a little bit. My sister has been coming to whenever her schedule will allow, and she will play with CR more than she watches the game because CR really likes the attention she gets from my sister. Which means she’s not sitting in her chair the entire game. But, neither does my dad. So we get to the game and my dad starts in, telling me and my mom that we three need to talk about what to do with the chairs because he’s not taking her chair if she’s not going to sit in it. My dad carries my moms chair, which she’s borrowed from my aunt and is heavier. I usually carry two chairs because we usually arrive before my sister. Sometimes my mom carries my dad’s chair, sometimes my dad does. Either way, I’m the one carrying my sister’s chair, so it is really only me who is affected by this. My mom and I are trying to explain this, and he was still going off about how she doesn’t sit in the chair. I said, “Who cares?” He tells me to hush. Right after saying that all three of us needed to discuss this. So I’m really frustrated at this point, which makes me cry. Which means my mind is now racing and I can’t stop it, so I can’t stop crying. My cousin obviously notices this, I’m trying to explain I’m just crying because I’m frustrated, which only makes it worse. Mom tries to explain things. My dad is not complaining now, because we’re around my cousins, and he tells her that “us [last name] have to stick up for each other. Which really pisses me off, because clearly that’s not the case. So I start to say something about his “freaking sister” but can’t get it out. I shouldn’t have said that. I’m aware of this. But I was frustrated because in my mind, he did the same thing she did. Dismiss me because I’m the youngest, and therefore shouldn’t have an opinion.

Anyway, my cousin ends up asking her mom about this. My aunt says it not a big deal. She just didn’t think it was right for me to make my mom sit in the backseat, because that’s disrespectful. There’s so many things wrong with this explanation. My aunt was the one who made it a big deal. If it was about my mom sitting in the back, why would say, “What if I want to sit up front?” Nothing was mentioned about my mom. And my sister was allowed to sit in the front seat. We’re both adults, and both obviously younger than my mom. If it was about seniority, my sister shouldn’t have been allowed to sit in the front seat, either. I don’t remember if I said that I found out later my aunt said something about making my mom walk. But, you know, that was perfectly fine and not disrespectful at all. My mom is also not the type who cares if she sits in the front or not. I usually don’t care, either. Aunt is also the kind who wants to drive all the time, so I knew it wasn’t about her sitting in the front seat, either. Obviously, it was about her wanting to sit by my sister.

She’s also out here right now. She went to a CL’s baseball tournaments this weekend. It was farther away from us, so unless my sister was going, too, my mom and I (dad has to work) wouldn’t have gone anyway. She posts a picture on Facebook, and my aunt’s cousin comments asking if she’s going to see her brother. She said, “No, she’s leaving Tuesday morning.” She called my dad this morning and told him sorry that she didn’t come see him. She hasn’t even left yet. Pretty sure it’s because of the drama that was “no big deal”. What bothers me is that literally my entire family is the same way, but somehow, I’m not supposed to be. Even though I literally said nothing bad or out of the way to her, even when she gave me plenty of opportunity to, and I know my siblings and my cousins have said worse.

And to top it all off, my aunt on my mom’s side made things much more dramatic than they needed to be. My mom is the main cook. I try to help as much as I can, but I work better with recipes. My aunt has started cooking more. She decided to make pork chops. I only eat pork roast, pork sausage, and pepperoni. I don’t eat ham or bacon (except for on the big mouth bites at Chili’s), either. It’s not a problems as long as I have an alternative. This day, I woke up later than I meant to and decided to wait until the afternoon to take my shower. I did the laundry, made up my bed, and took a shower. We eat dinner petty early, and by this time we would normally be making dinner. When I come down, my aunt is on her phone. My mom is in the kitchen making tea. She had also done other little chores by this time. I asked if my aunt was going to make dinner. Mom said she didn’t know. It’s kind of to the point now where if it comes down to it, she’ll find something for me, my dad, and herself to eat and leave the rest to fend for themselves. I had skipped lunch that day, because I got too overheated dealing with laundry and things, and I’m fighting a sinus infection, so I didn’t feel like eating. At this point, there’s no sign of my aunt, so I asked my mom if it was alright if I made myself a pizza. She told me to go ahead. Now this would only take 19 minutes. Pork chops are my aunts favorite thing to make, and I swear it takes her twice the time to make that meal than my mom does. Usually by the time it’s done, my alternative end up being a sandwich or something because I don’t feel like trying to make myself something different. Of course, now that I’m getting ready to put my pizza in the oven my aunt shows up. She asked if I was cooking my pizza before she cooked the pork chops. Mom and I said yeah because she wasn’t here yet. Mom and I go to the other room, my brother comes down, and because he’s gotten to the point where he will ask if he needs to cook, he wanted to know what he needed to do. Aunt got mad because she “can’t do anything with that pizza in the oven,” and then proceed to rant about how just because she didn’t jump up right away to cook dinner, eff everybody, and whatnot. Mom had told me that when I was in the shower, she asked my mom what time she needed to start dinner. Mom said now I was as good a time as any, but she just sat there. When my pizza was done, my brother went in there to fix dinner, and she jumps up saying she’s got it. Even though she just threw a fit about it.

Turns out she also ranted about how it’s not fair that I have the option for an alternative when my brother and sister never got one. But yet we don’t eat Italian sausage on our pizzas because my aunt doesn’t like it. When we make pork roast, we have to slice it and cook it like that instead of as a roast. My mom has made my aunt an alternative when we would make beans because my aunt doesn’t want to eat beans. My aunt also doesn’t like pasta because it’s “nasty”, but the fact that I don’t like certain things is a big deal. Even though I don’t try to stop other people from eating what I don’t like. But I’m the picky one, even though there’s countless things she’ll wrinkle her nose at. I mean, maybe I should have asked her before I put the pizza in, but she didn’t seem to be in a rush, so I thought I could just get my dinner out of the way. I guess not. So just another instance of things other people can do, but I can’t. Feels wonderful.

LizardFriend95

Took a few mental health days.

Fonzie’s privates don’t go back into it’s sleeve, and as a results it will bleed and scab over. We bathe him and try to keep it as clean as we can. Monday, he started bleeding so we gave him a bath. I was drying him when I felt him shaking really hard, I looked at him and he was drooling a lot. Pretty sure it was a seizure, which scared the crap out of me. He came out of it pretty quickly and was pretty hyper afterwards, but he wasn’t fully himself for a couple days.

We’d been waiting for money to come in to take Rolo to the vet because he’s been having trouble getting up and walking, and we weren’t sure if he’d need x-rays. It came in and we made appointments for both babies. So I’d been pretty nervous these last few days.

Appointment was today. Rolo is no longer allowed to go up and down stairs, so I now have to figure out how to carry him up and down. We have to keep doing what we’re already doing for Fonzie’s privates, because the vet said the options we have don’t always work, and we have to just keep an eye out on his seizures* to make sure they don’t worsen or happen more often. Basically, vet said we just have a couple of “high maintenance dogs.”

*There we’re two other incidents that we’re not quite sure we’re seizures or not because they looked completely different. But I did mark down Monday’s seizure and went through my health data (literally looked through my sleep, steps, heart rate, and stress measurements) to try to pin down the date on the second incident. The timing of the first one would be hard to find that way, because it was right after my alarm went off, and apparently my stress levels are pretty high at that time some days…

Any time we’d taken Fonzie before, we’d pretty much be alone. Today, there were a few people there and of course a few animals. I’d never seen him interact with new animals before, so I wasn’t sure what he’d do. He wanted to meet them all so bad. There was an old man who didn’t like thrilled with the idea of us (probably because Rolo does not stop barking no matter how much I try) and the other lady’s dog had a cone on. But! One of the vets came out and asked us if we wanted to see something cute before producing a teeny tiny chihuahua puppy. Fonzie wanted to see her so I stood up and told the vet I was just trying to let him get a closer look because he was interested. She put the puppy closer and Fonzie gave her kisses. He was so happy his little tail was going around in circles. The little pup is a six-week old rescue and soooo adorable. We talked to the rescuer after our doggies’ appointments. She was outside when we were getting ready to leave, told us to wait, and came up with her mom and the puppy. They got to see how Fonzie reacted to her and she even gave Fonzie kisses back. It was so cute. Poor Fonzie, who is pretty chill when riding in cars, was so upset when we left because of how much he liked her. He whined the entire way home.

So I’ve got to be more active now because I have to become able to carry a hefty dog up and down stairs. No idea where to even begin with that.

LizardFriend95

A little update.

I was able to carry Rolo down the stairs with ease. My brother s asked why I didn’t get him to come carry Rolo. Because I need to do this? There are times when both my brother and my dad aren’t there in the mornings. My aunts can’t go up the stairs to help, and my mom can’t lift Rolo.

I told my brother I thought about having him just walk up the stairs with me tonight while I carried Rolo just in case, because, again, I need to be able to do that. There are times when dad and bro aren’t here at nights, either. But I forgot he was going somewhere today. Dad and bro don’t want me to carry Rolo upstairs at all because I’m “not strong enough.” They, and my aunt, don’t know why I don’t just make him sleep with my aunt at nights. I don’t think it’s fair to kick him out of his room. So unless that’s the only option, I’m not doing that.

Convinced my dad to walk with me. I got my baby up the stairs! Thighs didn’t like it much, but I’m stronger than I think. I’m about to have some legs, y’all.

And Fonzie is his normal ornery self, so everything is as it should be right now.

LizardFriend95

Did the Better Legs Challenge Days 1&2 again on Friday. But I haven’t done anything since.

Swept and mopped the floors.

Rolo has moments where he will go down the doggie stairs before anyone can grab him. Everybody feels the need to tell me when this happens, even though I know how Rolo gets. This doesn’t bother me. As long as we catch him the majority of the time, I’m not worried about it so much. What I do worry about is when he’s having trouble walking and nobody (namely my aunt) helps him. Despite being my dog, he doesn’t sit with me or cuddle with me that often anymore, ever since my aunt moved in. He adores her. And I will 100% be there when I see Rolo needing help, but sometimes I’m not around. I was cleaning up a mess I made Friday when she went outside with the dogs. Rolo was having trouble and sometimes he will potty because he doesn’t have much control over that anymore. That’s what happened. She hollered at me, I told her I seen, and she said she was going to clean it when she came back in. It’s the fact that she just completely ignores him or just says “come on, Rolo,” to him that makes me mad. Especially since he loves her so much.

My dad’s á Broncos fan, so I’m one by default but I don’t care one way or the other. I am getting sick of the Chiefs (I’m a fan of Taylor Swift, but seeing that whole thing and how people are making such a big deal that, oh my gosh, she went to a game is freaking annoying). The last time we went to my little cousin’s baseball game (last Monday), my cousin, D, said that they went to the Chiefs game when they played against Broncos. D said the whole time they were wondering how my dad wasn’t embarrassed. So I asked my dad last night if he was going to ask her if she was embarrassed. He just asked if they watched the game and she came back, “We are embarrassed. But we’re happy your team finally learned how to play football.” My mom and I found that funny. But… not quite as funny as Broncos trolling Chiefs with Shake It Off (Denver’s Version) ;).

I am currently on a 3-day writing streak. Something that I’ve started doing a while back was put all my ideas on one page and plan them out that way, so I could easily shift between them. Because I always seem to get ideas for another project when I’m working on something. But right now I’m trying to see if I can brainstorm a decent foundation for one for November. We’ll see.