lpf's honeycomb of experiments, challenges, programs and other things for science

lpf

Rogue Posts: 21
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Don't blame me, I like that title...
okay, here we go... I mean... I will go somewhere, someday...
Today is Monday, that means, upper body... Push-Up and Pull-Up challenge is still ongoing...
so guess what's happening today? ;)

lpf

"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
okay, before we begin.... some personal notes about me and what's going on in lpf's little universe
(for the ones who are new here, the ones that are interested and the ones that are curious)
lpf, an old guy, espèce de grand Teuton cinglé (@Redline :love:), Legofan (which is pretty obvious), Handballcoach (well, more the athletic part)
working out for science (and to outtrain a more or less bad diet ;)), some kind of nerd and a loving father (at least I hope my kids think the same)

lpf

okay, here we go...
yesterday I did day 1 of week 7 of the 100 push-ups and day 1 of week 6 of the 20 pull-ups thingy...
I mixed it up with the Tomboy workout and added the microshred workout to finish the day.

oh and as I was riding my on Sunday, I thought about mixing up my workout schedule a bit, when I finished the push-ups and pull-ups thing
I will stay with the upper-lower regime, but I thought about changing the order...
at the moment, I do upper-lower-upper-lower-upper-lower-bike (like 3 to 4 hours) but I think it would be better to go for lower-upper-lower-upper-lower-upper-bike
to have a better performance on the bike...
meaning, Monday leg days would be kind of easy... at least this seems to be better to plan than a leg day on Saturdays that has to be easy for a good performance on the bike...

on the other hand... if my leg complain, they are to weak! :muahaha:
just kidding...

Edit: for the push-ups and pull-ups thingy...
I don't know, if I will get to the 100 respectively the 20 in the and, but for the push-ups, being able to go for 50 and more reps in the last set after already having done over 100 feels crazy...
and doing 5 sets of 8 to 10 pull-ups feels also crazy at the moment :LOL:

lpf

Leg Day....

so, yesterday was leg day and I did the Tyr workout with some extra credit.
after this, lower body tendons stuff and that's it.

lpf

This one had slipped under my radar but it looks interesting. And today is leg day for me... mmm... :expecting:
grab yourself as 24kg kettlebell or two (for the calves raises and lunges, not the side lunges) and have fun.... ;)

lpf

Not all of us have legs like steel treetrunks,...

I am Groot

just kidding...
I have pretty normal legs... I would even say they are not really big and muscular...

Last edited:

lpf

DOMS....
yes... evil DOMS... in my legs... well, not all parts, but almost every single muscle of my legs is DOMSing around... :bored:

but that didn't stop me from doing my upper body day yesterday...
push-ups went well...
20-20-25-25-20-20-23-56 (at least 55 had to be done in the last set) so, 20 days done one day to go and then next week,
the maximum reps test.

the pull-ups didn't went that good...
the plan said 8-9-10-11-12.... I ended up with 8-9-10-8-8... so what does that mean? I will take a little break,
then do a maximum reps test for pull-ups and repeat the challenge with that result...

after this, I did upper-body tendon strenght plus with a small kettlebell and the strong core workout to finish that day.

Last edited:

lpf

as my actual plan reaches it's end, I started planning the next weeks...
yes, there are still push-ups that have to be done and pull-ups that have to be done and one week of full body workouts in my old plan, but why not start planning new stuff
well... more or less new... I will stay with the actual regime, just change little things and move things around a bit...

so, coming up next is... (yes, 12 weeks are planned.... planned, this doesn't mean, everything will exactly happen this way)

screenshot.1574659781.jpg

lpf

okay, so as yesterday was a bit... well chaotic... I skipped everything and put my last day of push-ups (well, not exactly the last, as there is still the final test to do...) on today..
so I know, you all don't want to be bored with the long version, me telling how every single push-up felt and how I moved and when and why and whatever.... so I will shorten it...
the plan said do the following, 24-24-31-31-26-26-24 and in the last set at least 60...
so, the first sets went pretty well... the last set of 26 was harder than expected and the 24 were also pretty hard... so I took a longer rest (3 minutes instead of 1 to 1:30)
and did... 45... yes... it wasn't possible to do more than those...
am I said? well... not exactly, as it is still cool to do almost 50 after so much push-ups done before... but I hoped that at least 50 were possible...
so, the final test will be done next week, to see, how much I can do.... and then?
I don't really know by know, but at the moment I tend to not restart this, because I want the pull-ups to be better... so.... and regarding the plan I made, there are plenty of push-ups in it ;)

lpf

nothing to see here today, move along... ;)

no sports today, as I got a migraine yesterday and I still feel a bit dizzy today

lpf

Thanks for the healing vibes... so migraine is gone... the headaches weren't that bad... but it was all annoying...
It started with blurry vision on the left eye and ended with headaches and dizziness... headaches on the right side... especially around the right eye,
a feeling like someones tries to move the eye around in directions that are not pleasent...
The other day, after sleeping a lot of hours, I still felt dizzy in the head... but the rest was gone. So, everything is fine by now...
Well, in fact, yesterday it was already fine again, which led me to do a little bit of exercising...
I didn't want to do too much, so I just tried to do the final tests for the pull-ups and push-ups thing I had been doing.
okay, to shorten it: 7 weeks ago I did 8 pull-ups and 37 push-ups in a row... yesterday I did 15 pull-ups and 80 push-ups in a row.
These are not the 20 or 100 as the plans works for, but doubling the amount of reps in 7 weeks is pretty cool. So I am fine with this.
And as my upcoming plan has a lot of days with push and pull to failure, I will not repeat these challenges in the next weeks..
which doesn't mean, I won't do any other challenge... ;)
but I am not sure what I want to do next