Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@Laura Rainbow Dragon & @Deadoks :thanks: I have no plans this weekend other than to do some minor chores and go to a Superbowl party. I will eat too many chips and yell loudly for my team!

It was a pretty decent day at work despite the phones being out for a few hours this morning and many, many students out sick. My family emergency has been downgraded to a long-term crisis and while it won't be over for awhile, at least it's improving. I have hope.

9 Feb Workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 10
:rstar: Back & Core - day 10

Happy Friday!!!! wooo hooooooo
Shall We Begin Star Trek Voyager GIF by Star Trek

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Well the weekend did not go according to plan. Pixie ate some steel wool (yes, ate!) and was vomiting so I rushed her to the vet. The vet was going to send her home for 'observation' but knowing how Pixie likes to eat everything I insisted on an x-ray. Good thing. We could clearly see a few strands of steel wool in her gut. So she spent Friday night to Monday afternoon at the vets getting various x-rays to view the progress of the wire through her digestive tract. Also receiving hydration via an IV. Which she chewed. :smash: After no bowel movement and the wire continuing to descend through the colon, the vet released her and she's back home now. Still no poop. I have to watch her and investigate the poo for wire when she goes. I don't think she wanted to use the litter box at the vet. So I just paid over half a month's salary for Pixie's little snack. Hoping she will pass the steel wool and be okay. We missed her terribly!

Pixie.jpg

Saturday I wasn't feeling that great but pushed through all my chores and went for a walk with my daughter since the sun made an appearance. I was not feeling well at all on Sunday and stayed home all day. No Superbowl party, oh well.

Today still not feeling great; coughing a lot. I had to go to work to do the payroll. Everyone is sick. Staff, students, parents. Literally over 30% of the student body was out sick with what we think is influenza A. Not sure if that's what I have since I've only had a very minor fever yesterday. It was like a triage in the office today. We sent lots of students home who had fevers. There's no telling what tomorrow will bring. But one thing I do; press on!

10 Feb workout:
:rstar: easy walk - 40 min

11 Feb workout while watching football:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 11
:rstar: Back & Core - day 11

12 Feb workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 12
:rstar: Back & Core - day 12

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Mamatigerj @Deadoks @Fremen @Anek :thanku:

Pixie and I are both feeling better today. And *drumroll* we have 💩! Yes, last night Pixie was able to get things going. There was steel wool wire in it too. Quite a bit. She seems back to her old self now. Fingers crossed that none of her intestines were nicked. We're keeping a close watch on her just in case.

Today was another record day of students absent. Sometimes I want to come to work in a hazmat suit!
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

13 Feb workout:
:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 13
:rstar: Back & Core - day 13

Taco Tuesday dinner tonight! :taco:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@MadamMeow @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Mamatigerj @Anek @Deadoks @Mianevem :thanks: And since I didn't post yesterday Pixie wanted to thank you as well and wish you a Happy Belated Valentine's Day:

BeMine.jpg

Yesterday (Feb 14) was another crazy day with sick students. They all wanted to come to school for Valentine's Day, sick or not. We sent 11 home who had fevers. Today was a record day of absent students, over 40% of our enrollment. Crazy!

I am doing much better but now my daughter has a fever. We're supposed to take a short trip to visit family in two days.....:mask:

15 Feb workout:
:rstar: PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 14
:rstar: Back & Core - day 14

Have a nice evening bees!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks for your kind comments @MadamMeow @Mamatigerj @Anek @Deadoks @CODawn :happy: and the healing vibes!

Unfortunately, the flu returned over the last two days with a vengeance. I went to bed very early Friday night and slept for 12 hours! That does not happen! Yesterday was spent on the couch and I even took a nap. (Again! I do not nap!). My poor daughter has had a high fever and is feeling really crummy. We had to cancel our trip to visit family. :vsad: Oh well, at least I have a week off to get well.

Today I feel better, still a bit weak and nauseous at times. What the heck is this virus anyway?? It just...lingers.
Still, I press on. :strong:

Took it a bit easy for my workout today but it felt good moving a bit.

18 Feb workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 minutes
:rstar: PowerHIIT, day 15
:rstar: Back & Core - day 15

There's plenty of homemade chicken noodle soup with extra garlic for supper tonight. Have a nice evening.:soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon thanks. We are tired of being sick.

I'm feeling much better today, and my daughter is doing a bit better too. After taking my mom to do errands though, whew! Not quite back to my normal stamina levels. Pressing on!

19 Feb workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 16
:rstar: Back & Core - day 16

Time for a relaxing evening. Enjoy! :scroll:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I forgot to post yesterday, oops. Maybe because my mom needed to do a few things...five errands later we finished. Oh well.
Started doing my taxes today and so far I'm in for a nasty surprise. How?!!! Inflation is killing my budget! I've cut back. I'm trying to spend less but everything is going up: food, gas, insurance, cost of utilities, argh!!! :mad: Everything's going up except my salary, that is.

20 Feb workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 17
:rstar: Back & core - day 17

21 Feb workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 18
:rstar:Back & core - day 18

I'm putting taxes aside for a day and going to town for an appointment tomorrow. Have a lovely tax-free day bees
April 15 Taxes GIF by INTO ACTION

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
How?!!! Inflation is killing my budget! I've cut back. I'm trying to spend less but everything is going up: food, gas, insurance, cost of utilities, argh!!! :mad: Everything's going up except my salary, that is.
On the other side of the world it's the same. All goes up up up but not the salary!
Thinking of this I should ask my boss for a raise... What? I'm the boss? Oupsie! But even it's a no!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Deadoks at least I'm in good company!
@NancyTree :thanks:

Today the sun was shining-for a while-and so I took a short hike. Lots of water everywhere and not as much mud as I expected. The groundhog may have been right with his prediction of an early spring. I kind of wish it would snow though.

23 Feb
:rstar: Hiking - 2 mile circuit. Not much, but there's a long, steep incline at the beginning and my stamina is still low from the flu.

Turning in early tonight. Have a nice evening! :zzz:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mianevem It's true, inflation is eating away at everything. Next year my state *generously* included a whopping 1% pay increase (can you sense the sarcasm?). Last year we got a 3% increase and I think I netted $50/month. And yet every year we're expected to do more. :smash:

On the bright side...it was such a beautiful day out today that I drove up to the Pacific Crest Trailhead and went snowshoeing!! The snow was a bit mushy which made for slow going but a really great cardio workout.

snowshoe shadow.jpg

ScottSummit.jpg

melting snowman.jpg

billy.jpg

All the exercise and fresh air has made me really hungry...time to make some dinner. Have a nice evening bees.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek & @Deadoks thanks. I'm blessed to have so much beauty in my 'backyard'. :)

Today was another beautiful day. I took advantage of the nice weather while it lasts and went for a nice hike. I tend to forget how much I need to be outdoors. Does wonders for body and soul.

I was inspired by @Laura Rainbow Dragon and made yogurt naan bread and chickpea coconut curry over rice for dinner. Everything was delicious! I did tweak the curry recipe: omitted the fennel, and doubled the amount of chickpeas. I didn't have a fresh tomato so I substituted a can of drained diced tomatoes. Yum! :toface:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Back to reality today, my lovely week off is over. The weather turned bitterly cold with gusty wind so it's just as well; I'm back to working out indoors. It seems that the flu/plague/whatever has run its course through the student body--fingers crossed! :please:

26 Feb Workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 19 Not sure if I'm doing the reverse crunches correctly; it feels weird.
:rstar: Back & Core - day 19

Now to find some leftover curry for dinner. Ciao! :noming:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I had to drive to town after work for an appointment and then grocery shopping. It was late and I was tired so no workout.
Today was quiet in the office and I got caught up on a few things. Then there were a few necessary errands to do in preparation for a big winter storm heading our way (get gas to run the generator in case the power goes out, fill up water jugs, etc.). I think the groundhog was wrong! He said early spring! :sus:

28 Feb Workout:

:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 20
:rstar:Back & Core - day 20

Have a beautiful evening bees. :teatime:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek thanks. Some of us are hoping for a snow day tomorrow so school gets cancelled :LOL: We will see.

I'll just apologize up front 'cause I woke up very grumpy. And work was crazy with people in and out and in and out of the office. Plus the internet was down so no email and I couldn't access my finance software. In the midst of all this we had a staff potluck which was delicious but just added to the noise and traffic going in and out. Sometimes it's hard being an introvert in such a busy work environment. :giveup:

29 Feb workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 21
:rstar: Back & Core - day 21

Happy Leap Day! :hoppy:

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Sometimes it's hard being an introvert in such a busy work environment. :giveup:

I feel your pain! Especially since my manager in the cubicle over is uncomfortable in silence and just rambles ALL DAY.

Love her, but it turns a 2 minute activity into 20-40 minutes. :mask:

Hope you get the break you are looking for! ;)

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@MadamMeow So sorry you have a chatty co-worker. It's very distracting!

Did we get the snow that was forecasted? Was school cancelled? No and no. So disappointing. We did, however, experience rain, snow, rain, snow, sunshine and rain. The snow at my place hasn't accumulated at all but I have hope! that tonight and tomorrow we may get some white stuff to play in. :snowball:

1 March workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 22
:rstar: Back & Core - day 22

Happy Friday and happy March!! :epicdance:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The groundhog lied.

Liar.jpg

I woke up to 4" (10cm) of beautiful, powdery snow this morning and it's been snowing all day. Of course I had to go out and play in it. :)

2 March workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 23
:rstar: Back & Core - day 23

Enjoy your evening. :deepsleep:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
This morning I had to appear for jury duty. Do those of you in other countries have anything similar?

There I was packed into a dim room with more people than there were seats...and no wifi! I was in the first group to get called into the courtroom to be interviewed as a potential juror. The judge spoke about being impartial and logical about the presented facts. However when he described the nature of the trial (a criminal case) it triggered some very bad memories and I had to excuse myself from the case. It took a few hours to calm down afterwards. I feel totally wrung out now. :sadness:

Anyway, I took some deep breaths and went to work for the rest of the day because being busy helps. As soon as I arrived I discovered that now the students are coming down with pinkeye. noooooooooooo!

4 March workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 25
:rstar: Back & Core - day 25
It's been a rough Monday. The week can only get better, right? I press on. :strong:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj @Deadoks @MadamMeow :thanks:

Well I'm in a much better place mentally today--good thing! Today at work the internet was out all day. And we couldn't call out on our phones. Even cell phones weren't working. :whaa: There's a county-wide outage with several providers having issues so it wasn't just at my work but still frustrating none the less! We were getting creative to find things we could do without internet, or email or being able to call someone. Like "Let's load up all the kids in the buses and go to the local movie theater." :LOL: (We didn't). But it was a fairly quiet day without the technology and there were no more cases of pinkeye! #winning! Also my home internet is not affected by the outage! #stillwinning!

5 March workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 26
:rstar: Back & Core - day 26

It's Tuesday....and that means :taco::taco: Have a great evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The bulk of the week is over...is it Friday yet?? Our internet was back up but phones were down until about noon. When I left today everything was back to the chaotic normal. The sun made an appearance too. 🌞

6 March workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 27
:rstar: Back & Core - day 27

Have a nice evening. :kittens:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yeah, more sun today after a foggy morning. 🌞 It was fairly quiet at work. I wasted the whole morning reconciling our Amazon business account trying to discover why they show an invoice as past due. It's not. I was able to speak to a human but when she transferred my call the call disconnected. So I called back, explained everything all over again to a different human and this time was put on hold for over 30 minutes. Then my call was transferred, and guess what? The call disconnected. I gave up. For now. :surrender:

7 March workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 28
:rstar: Back & Core - day 28
May your evening be free from poor customer service. :twitch: