Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Starting over with a new thread on the new site. I don't know if I'll move all of my old stuff over or not. Seems like a lot of work and I already spend lots of time on the computer at work. but I am happy to see that some of the emojis made it over :makeway:
Ok. So over the weekend I was up on the roof cleaning gutters and making some urgent minor repairs. It was a lot of exercise so I skipped my Darebee workout and rested on Sunday.

Today's workout:
-quick warm up
-EoD
-50 push ups challenge, day 27 - not completed. I hurt something in my head? muscles. Sitting here with a pounding headache.
Workout over for today.
:(

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I see some friends from the old platform. Hullo 'bees! I'm glad I had the opportunity to rename my thread. Not much time to poke around, but I'll figure things out eventually. Or not. :LOL:

The headache is mostly gone. I'm sure I strained something and last night I felt horrible; head pounding on both sides, heart doing flip flops, shaky, wth? It could have been partly due to low blood sugar, I didn't eat much yesterday before exercising.

The best thing to do besides ice is discontinue the push ups challenge for now. I was really struggling with it anyway. So I decided to just focus on one workout program with no add-ons except walking and/or yoga.

20 Sept workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: The Olympian, day 1

Done. Still challenging though.
Today there was the most awesome thunderstorm! Lightning, hail, pouring rain, schoolchildren running hither and yon. Pure joy.:hop:

Last edited:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
The headache is mostly gone. I'm sure I strained something and last night I felt horrible; head pounding on both sides, heart doing flip flops, shaky, wth? It could have been partly due to low blood sugar, I didn't eat much yesterday before exercising.
I have an idea: you might have pulled or clamped your vagus nerve. It's a big nerve, running from your brain down to your waist or somewhere there, and if you do something to it along all that way, it can mess you up in various fun ways. Headache, heart rate, stomach, digestion... It's a weird thing. Lying completely flat on the floor, on your back, for some time and relax as much as possible can help.
Hope it passes quickly.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@lofivelcro - However, thanks for the info. I had to look up some info on the vagus nerve as I never heard of it before and didn't know I even possessed one. :happy: I am feeling better now.

It's been raining lots and things are beginning to seek dry ground, like this critter: :shock: I did a catch-and-release out into the garden where it can prey on bugs and small mammals.
wolf spider.jpg

21 Sept Workout:

:v: EoD
:v: The Olympian, day 2 - did incline push ups instead of regular ones.

Have a wonderful evening!

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Glad you feel better now.
More people should know about the vagus nerve, imo. It's one of the biggest and most complex in the human body and can be responsible for a lot of ugly symptoms that can be easily treated, if one only knows where to look.

I hate spiders, btw :sus:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree it was creepy, a big wolf spider and they can bite but non-venomous.
@lofivelcro I like spiders if they are outside. They do eat lots of bugs and other spiders. But not in the house. Never in the house! :shiver:

Last night I removed a small scorpion from the office wall...!!! I hate these more than spiders, they freak me out. We've had quite a few inside lately, not sure why. They do tend to move about more in the fall; combine that with construction on the property and lots of early rain and I guess they're more active. Maybe you're wondering what kind of insect hell do I live in??

Spent an exhausting day at work wrangling with government reimbursements for school meals. Too many agencies and waaaaaaayyyyy too many acronyms! Ended up with another throbbing headache.

22 Sept workout

:v: EoD+ EC
:v: The Olympian, day 3

A big happy birthday to Bilbo & Frodo Baggins!

Today is also Hobbit Day !!

8zbph2ftkmo51.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I didn't go hiking yesterday. It was either spend some time with the teen or hike alone. So yesterday we had a fun time in town and ended up eating at a scrumptious little Thai restaurant. :soup:A hidden gem. Oh man, pad thai, sesame balls, curry..... I was already feeling bloated and then today someone at work baked cinnamon rolls and egg casserole....!! Did I mention the pumpkin cake? My willpower went right out the window. I really feel like I need a fast or veggie cleanse or something. :eatall: Too much rich food and way too much sugar.

26 Sept workout:
:x: EoD - instead of push up shoulder taps, I just did shoulder taps :v:
:v: The Olympian, day 6 - did knee push ups

I'm going to down some lemon water and make a salad now. :salad: I begin again. Again.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's Tuesday and guess what I'm making for dinner? Here's a hint: :taco: It was also especially crazy at school today. Normally it's a little chaotic in the office but today was over the top. Very thankful that part 2 of today's workout was 10 minutes of meditation. Ahhhh.

27 Sept workout:
:v: EoD + EC
:v: The Olympian, day 7

Me at work today ---> :chat:
Me after tacos --->:float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Well I thought I logged yesterday but apparently not!

29 Sept workout:
:v: EoD
:v: The Olympian, day 9 - lots of cardio!!

Today started out with a training at the county office. Frankly I'm not sure why I was included, most of it was way out of my current job description. It was interesting until they got into Fiscal Impacts of Collective Bargaining Agreements and I sort of zoned out a little. :giveup: At least it ended early and I went back to my office to discover my co-workers in a heightened state of stress. The kids were being very needy today for some reason so I did what I could. It seemed like a long week.

30 Sept workout:
:v: EoD - side leg raises, yay
:v: The Olympian, day 10

Tomorrow I'll be helping an elderly parent and tackling yard work. What are your plans this weekend? :heyhi:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
You know what I found today in the corner of our house? A ukulele. And I had to think about you. How's it going? Still practising, or are you too busy at the moment?
Hope you'll enjoy the rest of your weekend, too. Mine's over, already :LOL: