Never Give Up, Never Surrender

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I ask myself the same question... Especially for the cat that is always going under me when I do plank, under my head when I do crunches, running around when I do squats or jumping jacks... And children always have things to ask me when I do my workouts, always :-D
And here I was, thinking it was just me! Especially the cat thing.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Argh! Missed yesterday's workout due to a phone emergency. Literally. My daughter's phone died and she's beginning her second college semester and needs her phone. Did I mention that all of her classes are online? :nod: After several of unsuccessful attempts to resurrect her phone, I gave up and we drove the hour+ to town. They couldn't fix the phone either. So now we each have a brand new phone and a brand new (and bigger) phone bill. Yes, I got one too, since both of our old phones were in dire need of updating. At least I had the day off yesterday so it all worked out.

16 Jan workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 24
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 24

Now I'm going to try to catch up on all the work I didn't get done yesterday....... :typy:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@MadamMeow thanks. I wasn't planning on the expense so soon but needs must.

Is it Friday yet? I think all things technical in my world are falling apart. At work we couldn't make any outgoing calls and the fire alarm kept going off. I would have preferred the incoming calls not to work :LOL:. A visit with my mom and I ended up fixing some stuff on her computer. It's never something she's done, of course, things just 'happen' and 'disappear'. :oops:

17 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 25
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 25

Now it's time to make some quinoa chili for supper :soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The last couple of days were interesting. Thursday I took Mom shopping and then did some emergency drainage work around the house as some big storms are in the forecast. I wasn't feeling well and it was late by the time I was finished so the workout didn't get done. Friday (yesterday) I really wasn't feeling well and called in sick. I must've picked up what's been going around school; sore throat, tightness in my chest, aches and fatigue. Today I am feeling much better, not 100% but nearly so. I thought a little exercise would burn the illness out of my system.

20 Jan workout:

:rstar:PT exercises - 15 minutes
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 26
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 26

It's a very rainy day, so I'll stay inside and do some chores. Have a lovely day bees! :moves:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon ha ha yes, there was digging involved!
@Deadoks :nod:

Feeling pretty good today, just a sore throat lingering. But I did my workout before I watched any football, how's that for dedication?? ;)

21 Jan workout:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 minutes
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 27
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 27

It's still raining hard. I may have to build an ark....:surrender:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was a typical Monday at the school office:
cleaning up after a very ill kindergartener, disinfecting everything and then having yet another sick student arrive....I even repaired a student's glasses. One of the urinals in the boys' bathroom overflowed. Did a payroll audit. Attempted to figure out why we get four telephone bills each month. A fairly quiet Monday. :LOL:

22 Jan workout:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 28
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 28

The rain finally quit and there's a bright light in the sky! :boss:Have a beautiful day!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was a mellow day at work today except the students keep passing the sick bug to their classmates and teachers. :p
No rain again today and it's a much needed break. I'm starting to feel like a mushroom from all the precipitation: pale, damp and kind of soggy.
fall forest GIF by Living Stills

23 Jan workout:
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 29
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 29

Making miso soup for dinner, yum! :soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Rain again. I'm thankful though because it will bring so many beautiful flowers in the mountain meadows come Spring. :flowers:

24 Jan workout
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 30 :completed:
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge, day 30 :completed:

I'm not sure what workouts I'll do tomorrow. Maybe pick some cardio. Or kettlebells. So many choices!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon @MadamMeow @CODawn @Mamatigerj @F@tBaDgEr @Nightg0ddess @Mianevem @Fremen @Deadoks @Anek :thanks:

The sun was out today! Unfortunately I think it melted some of the students' brains! I gave out 3 ice packs in 40 minutes, wrote up two head injury reports (both minor, but required), answered a barrage of sales calls (#$@%!!), filled in for someone on yard duty--which was fun, as I rescued a banana slug and relocated it out of harms way. In other words, a fairly normal day.😁

slug.jpg

25 Jan Workout:
:rstar:Power HIIT - day 1
:rstar:Back & Core Program day 1

Have a beautiful day bees! :fantastic:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday my back was really hurting, so no workout. I'm scheduled to get an injection soon, we'll see if that helps long term. I hope so!

27 Jan workout:
:rstar: PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Power HIIT - day 2
:rstar: Back & Core - day 2 This seems really easy so far; I'll give it a few more days but may have to find something more challenging.

:cantwait: Next I'm prepping food for tomorrow's football game as we'll have some friends over to cheer for our team!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
:rstar: Back & Core - day 2 This seems really easy so far; I'll give it a few more days but may have to find something more challenging.
The exercises in B&C are effective. And they will help with back issues.
The workouts are all very short, as it's meant to be an add-on program. You could up the intensity by doing longer holds, more reps, if you feel the need to do so. But I would urge you not to discount this one just because you're finding it easy. If you're having to take days off from working out due to back pain, I think this program could be a big help to you.

In any case I hope your challenges with your back heal up soon!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
:tu:@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Mamatigerj @Fremen @Anek @Deadoks @CODawn @Mianevem @NancyTree

@Laura Rainbow Dragon yes I'll stick with the Back & Core because day 4 was really hard! Having a strong core is so important for back health!

So yesterday was busy with football but I did manage to squeeze in a workout before our friends arrived. My back is feeling better! Thanks for the healing vibes everyone.

28 Jan workout:
:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 3
:rstar:Back & Core Program - day 3

29 Jan workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 4
:rstar: Back & Core Program - day 4

January has been the looooooonnnnnngest month ever! Looking forward to Groundhog Day this week! :LOL:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Wow what a crazy day. Lots of kiddos out sick. Wrestled with questions like: Who's going to sub for our sick bus driver? Who's idea was it to have a fire drill today? Who's wiping their boogers on the bathroom wall?! :cantcope: On the positive side, we had a staff potluck and the theme was salad bar :salad: so I had a great lunch.

30 Jan Workout:
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 5
:rstar: Back & Core - day 5

Have a lovely evening bees.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today was a decent day. Even the webinar I had to watch ended up being surprisingly creative and not too boring. :LOL:

31 Jan (finally! the last day of January!) workout:
:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 6
:rstar:Back & Core - day 6

I go for an injection in my lower back tomorrow...not sure if I will be able to workout or not but hoping that this will alleviate the constant burning pain.

Have a brilliant evening bees! :kittens:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Deadoks Thank you!

I had an injection in my sacrum on Feb. 1st. It hurt a lot and my left leg was numb for most of the day; which is why I was advised not to drive or work. But the next day I felt amazing!! I can stand up without the 'zzzt!' of pain. Not wanting to mess up a good thing, I waited another day before exercising. On Saturday the clouds parted long enough for me to take a nice long hike. It's been months since I've been able to do this without pain. I feel so. much. better! :happy:

3 Feb Workout:
:rstar: Hiking with some nice inclines

4 Feb Workout:
:rstar: PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 7
:rstar: Back & Core - day 7 Did I say this was easy?? Ah, no.

By the way, the Groundhog said there would be an early spring but from my window all I see is rain and snow showers. I think the Groundhog lied.
Bill Murray Groundhog GIF

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I had to go to town and got home late. It was snowing hard over the pass! I was able to do my PT exercises but that's all. It has been an emotionally draining week. There was a family emergency Sunday night and I'm still dealing with the repercussions. Mentally exhausted. I said no to an afternoon meeting and came home to do my workout.

7 Feb workout:

8 Feb workout:
:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 9
:rstar:Back & Core Day 9 - really confused on the instructions for this and posted for help on the Ask A Question thread. Not sure I did it correctly. :confused:

Making some potsticker soup for dinner. :soup: Have a nice evening bees.