Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Happy Birthday @Lady Celerity !

Congratulations on completing the No Sugar Challenge!

Best wishes for getting your exercise consistency back. Caring for aging parents is no cakewalk! It is super important to make the time to also look after yourself, as you say. Wishing you strength, wisdom, and grace for yourself on that journey.

Thank you for adopting Pixie. How are she and Ginger getting along?

Dez

Heroine from California
"Level 0"
Wow another week gone by...have been hiking, doing yard work & fall cleaning since my last post. I've been so slammed with work/family responsibilities that I've put my exercise needs last--again. ugh.

No Sugar Challenge - :completed: finished on Oct. 15. Now that's it's over I find that my intense sugar cravings have disappeared. While I have had a treat (Costco churro anyone?) I don't feel dominated by the after-dinner-I-need-something-sweet habit.

18 Oct workout:
:v: Universal warmup
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 20
:v: The Miner Challenge, day 8 + 3 sets/5 knee pushups. I found a skeleton! And an emerald! And dirt.

My biggest goal now is to get back to exercising consistently. So difficult when my caregiving responsibilities have increased significantly.

have a lovely autumn evening bees. :teatime:
Did you substitute fruit or anything else when you wanted sugar? I have a candy/cookie/sweet tea/chocolate problem... :facepalm:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Hello Bees! :hi: I'm glad to be here. Been dealing with lower back issues but I got the okay from my orthopedist to lift weights and build my core in addition to the physical therapy exercises I've been (mostly) doing. Never give up! Never surrender!

19 Dec workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 25 minutes; stretching, core, etc.
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 1, 3 sets
:rstar: Epic Core - day 1

I thought while I have two weeks off from work for the holidays that I'd dedicate some 'me' time to getting back in shape. It's alarming how much strength I've lost since I've had difficulty exercising and even hiking. Gonna try to push through.

Have a great evening. :bigsmile:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Thanks @Anek ! It's good to be back, I've missed everyone. :ss:

I went through a bad patch for a while. It wasn't until I became very sick with the flu that I had time (read: was forced to slow down) to evaluate some things in my life. I've made some positive changes since then:
-No more coffee. I switched to matcha green tea and herbal tea. It's amazing how much calmer I feel and how much better I sleep at night.
-I'm more aware of what I'm putting into my body: food, supplements, alcohol, etc. Things that haven't helped me or made me feel good I have dropped.
-I stepped down from a long-term volunteer position. This was a hard one as I loved what I was doing. But I'm at the season in my life where I have increasing family responsibilities with an elderly parent and something had to go.
-I am guarding my 'margin' time and saying no to more things--even good things--and choosing quality over quantity.
-I am focusing on bringing more simplicity in my life. For example, this Christmas I am buying fewer but more meaningful gifts for fewer people.
-I am learning that trying to please others and expecting them to change doesn't work. Instead I have realized that I am responsible for how I feel. No one can make me feel a certain way unless I allow it. A book that has been very helpful in this area is: Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No to Take Control of Your Life

This sounds like a lot and it's still a work in progress. But over all I think it's working and I now see that how I was living wasn't serving me well.

Surprisingly I felt good after yesterday's workout. No back pain--well, no worse back pain; it pretty much hurts all the time. Feeling encouraged though.

20 Dec Workout:

:rstar: PT exercises - 20 min
:rstar: 2 min warm up
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 2
:rstar: Epic Core - day 2
Off to take Mom out to a birthday dinner; she's 83 today! :celeb:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
We had a lovely dinner last night. I had a ribeye steak and could only eat half of it. I'm not used to red meat but it was tasty even if my disgruntled digestion kept me awake past midnight.

Thankfully an easier workout today. My legs are sore from yesterday. Pressing on!!

21 Dec workout:

:rstar: Epic Core - day 3
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 3

Finished wrapping all the Christmas presents, winning!! :LOL:

Happy winter solstice everyone! :snowball:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks @Laura Rainbow Dragon ! I have missed this community so much.
And to you as well @Anek :happy:

I finally put up our outside Christmas lights today! I was motivated by two more guests attending Christmas Eve dinner at my place. :LOL: My back isn't too happy with lugging an extension ladder around but I think I'll be okay.

It feels so good to be back in the Darebee groove.

22 Dec workout:
:rstar: Universal warmup
:rstar: Hard Reset Cardio - day 4
:rstar: Epic Core - day 4

On another note--I was visited by furry aliens the other day...

aliens under the tree.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I made turkey Italian meatballs and spinach & mushroom lasagna. Tomorrow I'll pop them in the oven, make a salad and garlic bread and presto! dinner is done. Some neighbors came by on horseback with a Christmas gift. I'm finished baking and cleaning. Now if I can just nail that alto harmony part in While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks I will be ready for all the festivities. 🎄🤶

23 Dec Workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 20 minutes
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 5
:rstar: Epic Core - day 5

Enjoy your evening! :kizz:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
24 Dec workout:

:star: PT exercises - 20 min
:star: Hard Reset Strength - day 6
:star: Epic Core - day 6

I will be taking a day off tomorrow to spend time with family. So dear Bees have a most joyful MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄
Christmas Tree GIF

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj @Mianevem @Anek @Laura Rainbow Dragon Thanks for the Christmas wishes. I hope y'all enjoyed the day, whatever you did.

It was a relaxed day yesterday. I felt rather sluggish by the end of it. Today is for doing chores and stuff. I'm starting to get cabin fever as I haven't been anywhere for a while. I even checked my work email...

26 Dec workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 7
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 7

I'm itching to take down all of the Christmas decorations! :plot:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today my daughter and I went to spend some of those gift cards we received for Christmas :LOL: And despite the torrential downpour all day we still had fun and found some bargains too.

27 Dec workout
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 8
:rstar: Epic Core - day 8

My back has been feeling really good. Must be a combination of consistent exercise and also I'm not sitting at my work desk all day. Staying hopeful that these almost pain-free days continue.

Off to make stir fry for dinner. What are you having tonight?:soup:

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Hoping your pain free days continue as well!

All day desk work is the worst thing for anyone, but what can we do. As I say to my husband, darn my addiction to money. lol

For dinner. I did a Vegan Black Bean & Kale Taco. I get this thing called Hello Fresh for two dinners a week and this is one of those dishes. They give you the exact amount of ingredients so you don't have waste and you have to prepare everything which is good for me as I'm a picky eater.

Hope your stir fry comes out super yummy, too!

Hungry Yum Yum GIF by corgiyolk

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks for sharing @MadamMeow @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Anek ! Your meals all sound really good. I may make the tofu curry.

Yesterday I really got into cleaning stuff out and made a huge dump run. I also overdid it a bit and my back was feeling sketchy yesterday. Despite wanting to exercise I have learned that some days I have to take it easy or I pay for it later. Today my back feels pretty good. I picked up a pelvic belt and I've been wearing it around the house. It does seem to add some support to my SI joint area.

29 Dec workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 20min
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 9
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 9

Now maybe a post workout smoothie? Or leftovers? :foodie:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Whew, I will be (almost) glad to go back to work. It was a busy day doing chores and I finally tackled the ominous office closet. I didn't finish but got a good start and the new shelves I put together look nice. :)

30 Dec workout:

:rstar:PT exercises - 20 min
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 10 Leg day!
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 10

Off to make some soup for dinner. Have a lovely evening.:soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today did not start off well as I've had a nasty headache since last night. Holidays are always difficult as they will never be what they once were. I'm trying to create new traditions but it's still hard. I have to remind myself how very blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for. So I'll be joining some others for a game night later. What ever your plans are I hope they bring you into the new year smiling. :heart:

31 Dec workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 11
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 11

I hope to see you on the livestream tomorrow! Happy New Year!! :party:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today began nicely with a livestream Hive call! It was wonderful seeing/hearing from so many of you! :lovely:
Needless to say that I was up waaaayyy past my bedtime last night, and I'm feeling it today. Tomorrow it's back to work.....

1 Jan 2024 workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 12
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 12

“You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!”
— Dr. Seuss

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Back to reality. It took me 3 hours to go through my emails. But by the time I left I was satisfied with my progress.

2 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 13
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 13

Hope you have a lovely rest of your day! :fantastic:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was even harder to get up this morning than yesterday! :p Maybe because last night I had to go out into the torrential rain and unclog one of my outdoor drains. The rainwater was beginning to back up very close to the house. This is why I prefer snow. :LOL:

3 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 14
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 14

Making roasted veggies for dinner mmmmm....

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
It was even harder to get up this morning than yesterday! :p Maybe because last night I had to go out into the torrential rain and unclog one of my outdoor drains. The rainwater was beginning to back up very close to the house.
Some wild weather for a lot of people this winter. I hope you are safe where you are!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Laura Rainbow Dragon :thanks: We've had lots of rain so far this winter but no snow. Expecting a big snow storm tomorrow, fingers crossed!

An eerily quiet day at work in terms of emails, phone calls and lack of students in & out of the office. I think everyone is just tired from re-adjusting to work/school. It's very hard to climb out of my warm bed into the freezing pre-dawn dark. There are only 4 work days for me this week and I always say that the shortest weeks seem to be the longest!

4 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 15. Halfway there!!
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 15. Ditto!

Off to rehearsal and the hardware store. I need some oil for the snowblower just in case. :snowball:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Well today started off ok but went sideways later. It was Student Meltdowns at Noon, Weird Parent Phone Calls and Grumpy Co-Workers day.
Angry The Lord Of The Rings GIF

And don't forget Aggravating Family Member.

Hey but it's Friday!! :welcome:

5 Jan workout:

:rstar: PT Exercises - 20 min
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 16
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 16

Pizza & movie night tonight! What movie do you recommend?

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I woke up to silently falling snow.
China Snow GIF
ahhhhhh.
It snowed just enough to be lovely but without having to shovel. It's melting now but there's more on the way next week.

6 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 17
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 17

My daughter is making tofu pad thai for dinner! :soup: Have a wonderful evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj I managed to convince my daughter to watch Psycho. I love Alfred Hitchcock--he was the master of suspense. My daughter said "it was kind of slow" 🙄 That's the point!!

@Anek The pad thai was very good! We both added extra soy sauce and red pepper as the recipe was not quite spicy enough for us.

Last night it was very cold and the remaining snow froze solid. It's still pretty though and it feels as if winter has finally arrived. Maybe it will slow the zombie deer at night....:pmode:

zombie deer.JPG

7 Jan workout:

:rstar:PT exercises - 20 doing these every day has really improved my back pain! yay!
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 18
:rstar:Epic Core Challenge - day 18

Have a lovely day!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I had to drive to town yesterday after work for an appointment. By the time I finished that and grocery shopping and drove an hour back home it was really late and I was tired so no workout. There's a big winter storm approaching so I will be getting the generator and snow blower ready just in case.

9 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 19
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 19

I am making a pot of tortellini soup for dinner. :soup: Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Slightly disappointed that we only had a bit of slushy snow. And at work it was just rain. However, the high country got quite a bit which will bring beautiful waterfalls and wildflowers next Spring. Dreaming of long hikes in the wilderness.

10 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength Day 20
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge Day 20
:rstar: Grip Training Workout - minus the dead hang (no bar) Thanks for link @Deadoks

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Deadoks thanks for the tip!

I had some bad nerve pain down my leg yesterday so I skipped the workout and rested. Today it feels good. Finally learning to listen to my body.
It's been very cold (24F/-4C) yesterday. Expecting another whopper storm tonight, hoping for some snow! I really, really want to go snowshoeing this weekend.

12 Jan workout:
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 21
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 21 (up & down planks always seem to coincide with arm day on Hard Reset Strength! My arms are feelin' it)

Enjoy your Friday night!!
Shall We Begin Star Trek Voyager GIF by Star Trek

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I wasn't able to log yesterday. We had a big storm and the power was flickering so I unplugged my computer. We had a few inches of wet snow and a lot of rain. There's still slushy snow around. I spent the afternoon cleaning up broken branches.

13 Jan workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Hard Reset Strength - day 22
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 22

Why is it with a whole house to be in everyone (cats included) had to be in the smallest room in the house where I was doing my workout? :onfire:

14 Jan workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar:Hard Reset Strength - day 23
:rstar: Epic Core Challenge - day 23

Time to watch the NFL playoffs!!!!
Football Nfl GIF by P-Lo

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Why is it with a whole house to be in everyone (cats included) had to be in the smallest room in the house where I was doing my workout?
I ask myself the same question... Especially for the cat that is always going under me when I do plank, under my head when I do crunches, running around when I do squats or jumping jacks... And children always have things to ask me when I do my workouts, always :-D