Reset at Level One

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
I've missed being here on Darebee, so part of my restarted fitness journey once again brings me back. I've been a little active here over the last month, completing a few challenges and bouncing all over the place on programs.

Recently completed Challenges:
* Calves of Steel
* Cardio
* Power Punch
* Power Walk
* The Guardian (Just beat it tonight!)

Don't know if I'll be updating every workout, but I am happy to be back. :happy:

Current Challenges:
* Legs of Steel
* Abs of Steel
* Modified Everest - I'm giving it a go with high knees instead of climbers before I do it with climbers.
* Punch out! (Just started tonight)

I've got too many started programs to want to confess to them all right now. :cute:However, I'm working pretty steadily through Ironheart :gheart: and Unbound. Tonight though, I tried out 30 days of HIIT. I was thoroughly surprised that I could do that many basic burpees. :bounce:

Today's line up:
Guardian 30
Legs of Steel 7
Abs of Steel 7
Modified Everest 12
Punch Out! 1

30 Days of HIIT 1
Unbound 8

Catch ya later!

Syrius

:sweet: Thanks guys!!

Feeling a wee bit tired today, so I took it slow.

Today's line up:
Legs of Steel 8
Abs of Steel 8
Modified Everest 13
Punch Out! 2

Total 8
Ironheart 10

Be back in the morning. :toohot:

Syrius

Another slow day, today was the dreaded migraine day. But, I did it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Today's line up:
Legs of Steel 12
Abs of Steel 12
Modified Everest 17
Punch Out! 6

Ironheart 13

Syrius

I return!! In better spirits and of sounder mind. Thank you @Mamatigerj!

Today's line up:
Legs of Steel 13
Abs of Steel 13
Modified Everest 18
Punch Out! 7

Okay, so returning to the Combat Training today :kungfu: (I've been looking forward to this workout all day!!)
Fighter's Codex 2
Shadow Warrior lvl 1 (3 reps)
Unbound 10

I had planned on Ironheart, but I was still feeling pumped for combat after Fighter's Codex, so I worked in a little katana work.
During Unbound, I once again find myself wondering what number 2 is doing. I always thought he was doing what number 3 is doing. :confused: If anyone can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it!
1690940431602.png
Off to hydrate and eat dinner!! See ya tomorrow Bees!

Syrius

@Tileenah Oh! Thank you, I tried it and it makes sense now!

Today was a tough day. :giveup: Please feel free to skip my complaining.

I didn't get enough sleep last night because my best friend sent me on an anxiety spiral about my upcoming wedding. I am about 2 months out and I don't have everything totally planned out. To make it worse, my inner introvert is screaming because everywhere I turn, another person is asking me how the planning is going, trying to give me advice, or asking about babies. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, I appreciate that they care enough to ask and want to share their wisdom... However, I really have to wonder if they really understand what they are doing to me. (And can I get through one life changing event before contemplating another???) I feel like there is an insurmountable level of stress just building and I can't quite seem to find the right outlet to help me let it out. Scribbling in my notebook doesn't really work, I haven't been able to settle down and stitch in weeks, and really, exercising has been the only thing that I think is keeping me from completely falling apart at the seams. Maybe I'll pick up creative writing again? (That just popped in my head, maybe I'll give that a go starting tomorrow)

And it probably doesn't help that my team lead has been in and out of the office since he got back from his temporary assignment, so I have been standing in as acting team lead a lot. I am not proud of my behavior today, when I was egging on the grumpy (but usually correct) team lead in the scheduling meeting today. :facepalm: I appreciate the trust in my ability to lead my team, but it feels weird after being recently told that I wasn't experienced enough to be a team lead for 2 months when my team lead was out on his temporary assignment. I am getting seriously mixed signals and I know it is just compounding the matter.

Thanks for listening.

Today's line up:
Legs of Steel 14
Abs of Steel 14
Modified Everest 19
Punch Out! 8

Total Burn 4 @ lvl 3
Totals 10 Confession here, been procrastinating because I had peeked and I knew it was burpees. Decided that today I needed a win at something that I didn't want to do (especially since I didn't win with being an adult at work and I didn't complete review on Reportus Horribilious today)
Unbound 11

:crawl:

Feeling a little stiff in the upper back after yesterday and I can feel it stiffening back up as I type. I would like to report that I can see definition returning to my calves and my waist feels smaller. I wish now that I had been taping (since weighing in has been no change), but whatever, I know the difference is there! I know my doctor will probably give me another BMI related talk tomorrow, but that's tomorrow's problem.

Good night Bees!

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Congrats on the burpees and all your workouts!
I can relate for the wedding preparation stuff. Truth is I wasn't that into it for my own and we planned something very simple, but still I felt awful when I saw the pictures of the other weddings going on at the time where everything was planned and seemingly perfect 😅
But whatever you do people will always tell you how else you could have done or what was missing and so on. So just do how you feel is right, that's the important thing in the end 😉

Syrius

@Ekaterina Спасибо I now feel the desire to pick Russian back up in Duolingo.:)
@Tileenah Thank you! I really needed to hear that.
Thanks all, I really appreciated all of you today taking the time to read my post. :hug:

Today was interesting so far. I ended up teleworking and productivity was abysmal, but I get a half day off due to doctor's appointment this afternoon. I'm a little anxious since I'm getting a new primary care, so hopefully it will go better than I think it will.

Weighed in at 227lb this morning, no change since my last weigh in in mid July. But, I do have a new scale with BF% coming in this afternoon so I'm very curious to see how that works out.

Snuck in my workout before my lunch..
Today's line up:
Legs of Steel 15
Abs of Steel 15
Modified Everest 20
Punch Out! 9

Totals 11
Ironheart 14
Unbound 12
Zen 4 (Okay, meditation made me feel a lot better. I think I'm going to keep Zen around this month.)

Syrius

Nice day full of running errands. Hubby-to-be wanted to go the gym this morning so, elliptical for 30 mins. I like the gym, but there simply isn't enough room in there to stretch without getting in people's way. I'm hoping that'll improve after they finish building the extension. So, after all the errands (vet, haircut, grocery shopping) and taking a nap when I got home, I finally got around to doing the stretches and challenges.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 16
Abs of Steel 16
Modified Everest 21
Punch Out! 10

Rest & Rec Workout
Ironheart 15 - my arms are burning after those raised arms!:tired:
Zen 5

Tomorrow's plans involve fencing in the park and household chores. See you all tomorrow! Have a wonderful day Bees!

Edit to add: + 1627 words of writing for stress reduction.

Last edited:

Syrius

Fencing in the park was fun, but it was very hot! At least we got done before it crossed into the triple digits! 1 hour fencing in the park. Rested up a little, did a lot of wedding planning, and decided to knock out stretches and challenges.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 17 Oww
Abs of Steel 17
Modified Everest 22
Punch Out! 11

Hamstring Stretch - I was going to do Unbound, but my hamstring started yelling at me while doing punches, so I decided to target that area specifically.
Zen 6

Syrius

Not much to report, just a nice, quiet Sunday.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 18
Abs of Steel 18
Modified Everest 23
Punch Out! 12

Total Burn 5
Ironheart 16
Totals 12
Unbound 13

Catch ya tomorrow Bees!

Syrius

Productive day at work today!! Feeling a bit bloated today, so that might have lead to a bit of an enthusiastic and impulsive workout. :sneaky:

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 19
Abs of Steel 19
Modified Everest 24 (all in one go!)
Punch Out! 13

Totals 13
Total Burn 6 lvl 3
Ironheart 17
Spellbound - Silent Step [Charged]
Spellbound 1 [cast Silent Step]
Unbound 14

I am feeling pretty good after all that, but I am probably going to be feeling all those lunges later. :bounce: Now, off to hydrate and help hubby-to-be with cooking zoodles. :eatall: Good night Bees!

Last edited:

Syrius

I am feeling sore, but not from the lunges, but rather the high knees.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 20
Abs of Steel 20
Modified Everest 25
Punch Out! 14

Totals 14 (hmm, more high knees...) :facepalm:
Spellbound - Lightning Bolt [Charged]
Spellbound 2
Unbound 15
Ironheart 18
Zen 7

I am grateful for all the stretching. I am definitely at a place of lower energy today. Syrius- signing off!

Syrius

Not feeling all that wonderful today. Started out really well, but have had a few stressful interactions today that have just drained me of energy. And I have a headache that I'm hoping stays just a headache.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 21
Abs of Steel 21
Modified Everest 26 (The slowest 760 high knees of my life)
Punch Out!15

I'm a little bummed that my energy is so low, I was super excited this morning to keep working out and even had a whole plan. But I'm just emotionally exhausted. I do believe that tomorrow will be a better day. Good night Bees.

Syrius

@Tileenah Thanks! I did feel better today.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 22
Abs of Steel 22
Modified Everest 27
Punch Out! 16

Spellbound - Sure Step [Charged]
Spellbound - Cloaking [Charged]
Ironheart - 19
Zen - 8

Not exactly my plan for my workout today, but energy levels haven't recovered fully yet. But, its better than yesterday, so I'll call it a win.

Syrius

It has been a very good and productive day today! I got 9.5 hours of sleep last night and I think it really helped! :jacks: Though, it was on a bean bag because hubby-to-be couldn't wake me up to go to bed. :facepalm:

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 23
Abs of Steel 23
Modified Everest 28
Punch Out! 17

Total Burn 7 lvl 3
Ironheart 20
Spellbound - Increased Speed [Charged]
Spellbound 3 [cast Sure Step, failed, cast Increased Speed]
Spellbound - Peacemaker [Charged]
Unbound 16
Spellbound - Tracking [Charged]

DD - 30 sumo squats
I, uh yeah, I counted and I did 780 (ME) + 560 (TB) + 300 (S-IS) = 1640 high knees. :shoked::muahaha: My legs are a wee bit tired, but I feel really good still. Hopefully I'll still feel good in the morning when I sneak in my work out early. :bounce: Have a wonderful day Bees!!

Edit: Added Daily Dare.

Last edited:

Syrius

Gooood morning Darebees!!! Short one today, I was on a time crunch.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 24
Abs of Steel 24
Modified Everest 29
Punch Out! 18

Total Burn 8 lvl 3
Ironheart 21
Unbound 17

Have a wonderful day!!

Syrius

Happy to be here another day!

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 25
Abs of Steel 25
Modified Everest 30
Punch Out! 19
Glutes of Steel 1
Core Control 1
Daily Dare - 40 leg raises

Total Burn 9 lvl 3
Ironheart 22
Unbound 18
Zen 9

Alright, I'm eventually going to come back and do Everest properly with climbers. I feel weird counting it until I do. And I told myself not to do Total Burn today because of the 808 high knees from Everest, but I clearly did not listen to myself. :facepalm: My calves are tired and my arms are a little tired from Ironheart. But I've made it another day! Catch ya later Bees! :float:

Last edited:

Syrius

@Tileenah @Fremen and @Mamatigerj Thank you!! :flowers:

Today has not been a good day. Little migraine day - not enough for the motion aggravation to kick in, but definitely a little light sensitive and just didn't want to go away.

Today's wins:
:v: Daily Dare - 100 back leg raises (Did at work)
:v: Core Control 2 (Did at work)
:v: Punch Out! 20

Intentionally ignored:
Legs of Steel
Abs of Steel
Glutes of Steel
I had saved these for when I got home.

Attempted:
<Totals> 15 - I did the punches at my desk and I managed 20 of the push-ups (modified to knee push-ups) My head hurt more, so I stopped.
Punch Out! 20 - I spaced out approximately half of these during the day at work, and if I finish the rest before I go to bed, I'll move it to the win column later.

Headache won some today. I did YWA Headache, and it kinda helped, but I was just done after that. :( I've pushed hard enough for today and my body says stop. I'll keep hydrating and get some good sleep tonight. :night:

EDIT: Moved Punch Out! to the win section and corrected the day done on it.

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
:vibes:have you tried putting a pinch of salt and baking soda in your water ? It helps with my migraines when it's hot (but then again there are a lot of types of migraines and this would only help if yours are linked to the heat)

Syrius

Syrius

I'm still feeling wiped out. My knee is also started yelling at me while working out today. I was going to do Ironheart, but after the lunges in Legs of Steel, I decided to check out Fireheart. I wasn't really feeling it, so I told myself that I could make it to level 1. Got there and said, "Well, I'm almost halfway to level 3, and the squats aren't bothering me, so I can do it." Feeling a little less stressed now, so yay.

Today on Darebee:
Legs of Steel 27
Abs of Steel 27
Punch Out! 22
Glutes of Steel 3
Core Control 4

Fireheart 1 lvl 3

Have a nice evening/day Bees.

Syrius

@Tileenah @Anek and @Mamatigerj Thank you!! :flowers:

Thursday, 17 August
No exercise happened. Just too many things conspired against it, (such as staying waaaay later at a co-worker's going away party than I had intended) that I just went to sleep when I got home.

Friday, 18 August
Okay, so unusual weather gave me a headache all day. Not migraine level, but the pressure was there all day. Still managed to get some workout moves in by doing a little here and there. Knee is still feeling tender, so I used KT tape to help support it while doing the moves and small cleanings that I was doing.

Here's what I got done today:
Legs of Steel 28 & 29 (29's lunges were terrible, did it slowly)
Abs of Steel 28 & 29 (28's plank crunches were terrible, made my head throb when I was all done.)
Punch Out! 23
Glutes of Steel 4 & 5
Core Control 5
3 x 2 min high knees

Head is feeling way better now than this morning. I don't know if I'll squeeze in anything else before going to bed, but I'll edit if I do. I'm expecting more weird weather tomorrow, but optimistic about being more productive tomorrow. See you later Bees.

Syrius