Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
Last edited:

Syrius

I got angry today at work and I am very proud to say that I did not express myself at work, but I think I might have let that bleed into my workout a little. :blink: I am a wee bit tired now. I had no intention of adding on extra Spellbound. I should have just done Total Burn then Spellbound. :facepalm:

Today on Darebee:
Punch Out! 26
Glutes of Steel 8
Core Control 8
Daily Kicks 2
Back & Shoulders 2
Touch Your Toes 2

Spellbound - Persuasion [Charged]
Spellbound 4
Spellbound - Deflect [Charged]
Spellbound - Iron Strike [Charged]
Spellbound 5 [Persuasion Cast]
Spellbound - Increased Speed [Charged]
Unbound 24

Have a good one Bees!:toohot:

Syrius

Syrius

Off day. I don't think I drank enough water yesterday, so, yeah, everything was off today.:corner: I've been drinking water and at least I've now got the headache to go away. I did most of my challenges, so I'll count that a win. Though it was all very slowly. Stiff, tired and bloated.:crawl:

Today's wins:
Punch Out! 28
Glutes of Steel 10
Core Control 10
Daily Kicks
Back & Shoulders 4
Touch Your Toes 4

Good night, Bees. Stay hydrated. :drink:

Syrius

@Tileenah @Damer's words are most wise. Thank you so much, I really needed to hear it. :hug:

Today was very much better. However, I know that one day of good water drinking does not make up for the bad days. So, been focusing on getting my water and electrolytes today.

Today's wins:
Punch Out! 29
Glutes of Steel 11
Core Control 11
Daily Kicks 4 & 5
Back & Shoulders 5
Touch Your Toes 5

Katana Warmup
Total Burn 10 lvl 3 - the squats made my knees twingy, so I skipped Unbound today
Spellbound - Healing Level I [Charged] - :toohot: Wow, those 10-count plank holds are something else. I did it, I was shaking on that last one for the second half of the count, but I am proud that I did it.
Spellbound 7 [Healing Level I Cast]

I'm calling with this tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a day doing the outside part of my job, so hopefully the heat doesn't get to me. I'll be packing extra water and electrolyte drinks with me tomorrow for sure. Have a great day/night Bees. :drink:

Syrius

Friday, 25 August
Hit 15,648 steps over the course of the day. I had made it well past 12.5 by the time I came home from work, so I stretched, drank water/electrolytes, and ran a few errands.

Saturday, 26 August
I was experiencing some surprisingly intense lower back pain, so I took it easy and did some light stretching. Well, somewhat easy. I did a walk - running errands around the outdoor mall before I realized that my back was hurting and continued to do chores because laundry is an important thing... yeah, 9k+ steps. I am realizing that I need to start paying better attention to making sure I reach my daily step goals.

Sunday, 27 August
Okay, thought I was going to come back strong. But, my back is still twingy and I've got a tension headache. Pretty sure I caused it by hyper focusing on my crafting project this morning.

So, today's win:
Punch Out! 30 :completed:

I'm going to wait to start my next arm challenge with the next completed challenge set. I don't remember how this one got offset from the others. And if I was going to do one thing that wasn't some more stretching, I wanted it to be this. I'll get some more good sleep tonight and try for more tomorrow.

Syrius

@Mamatigerj @Fremen @BetaCorvi @Tileenah @Anek Thank you!! :flowers:
@Mamatigerj @Tileenah Thank you for the heals!

I am feeling better today. Everything, all over is stiff and tight, but not actively hurting. So, I did it today. I made it back to working out. :jacks:

Today's wins!
Glutes of Steel 12
Core Control 12
Daily Kicks 6
Back & Shoulders 6
Touch Your Toes 6

Spellbound 8 =Freebie= [Cast Tracking]
Ironheart 26
Unbound 20
Zen 10

Tomorrow is going to probably be a repeat of Friday, so we'll see how it goes from there. Honestly, I'm kinda hoping my trainee wants to help out, even though I also want to do it myself and get all the steps and exercise. :tap:

Any who, have a wonderful day/night Bees! Stay hydrated out there!:teatime:

Syrius

@Tileenah Smooth it was not, but I survived!!

Tuesday, 29 August
Okay, this was a rather crazy day at work. Nothing wanted to go smoothly and I was scheduled for twice the work as I was on Friday, for comparison purposes. I made 19,065 :muahaha: by the time my head hit the pillow. I also did Core Control 13.

Wednesday, 30 August
So, I was sore today. It wasn't as bad, I didn't feel like I couldn't move without my back hurting like it did on Saturday, but instead I felt sore all over. I would get up from my desk at work today and take the smallest steps down the hallway to the bathroom. And then things would have warmed up on that walk and I was able to walk back to my desk normally. So I did Ironheart 27 at my desk today, while all my teammates were out of the room. :sneaky: I did not notice that she was holding dumbbells in the raised arm hold until afterwards, so I did it without any weight.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 13
Core Control 14
Daily Kicks 7
Back & Shoulders 7
Touch Your Toes 7

Ironheart 28

All in all, not bad. I'm feeling my back tighten up right now, so here's hoping that it won't be too bad. See ya tomorrow Bees!!!

Syrius

Good evening Bees!! Small headache this afternoon, but I'm here. Not feeling very high energy, so I interspersed my work out over the course of the evening.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 14
Core Control 15
Daily Kicks 8
Back & Shoulders 8
Touch Your Toes 8

Totals 16
Totals 17

Might gym with hubby-to-be in the morning, so who knows what I'll get up to tomorrow! Catch ya later Bees!

Syrius

Migraine day. :sad: No gym, but we'll try again tomorrow.
BUT... pushed through in the evening when it dissipated.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 15
Core Control 16
Daily Kicks 9
Back & Shoulders 9
Touch Your Toes 9
Miner 1 - gems: emerald | dirt | ruby (I did all the push-ups in full!!) (Looks like fun, couldn't resist.) :jacks:

Ironheart 29

Also talked with hubby-to-be about rebalancing our meals a little. Have a good evening (or day/afternoon) Bees!

Syrius

No gym, he wasn't feeling up to it today. So, worked on my stuff today. He's says that he'll join me on my next dumbbell program. So, I guess I'll be scrolling through programs today to find one to do together. :cheeky:

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 16
Core Control 17
Daily Kicks 10
Back & Shoulders 10
Touch Your Toes 10
Miner 2 - gems: worm | amethyst | dirt (1 set full push-ups, 2 sets knee push-ups)
(Miner Totals: Emerald 1 | Ruby 1 | Amethyst 1 & 1 worm)

Total Burn 11 lvl 3
Totals 18
Spellbound - Shield [Charged]
Ironheart 30 :completed: :bounce:
Part 2 Workout

Feeling quite productive and much less stressed. Have a good one Bees!

Last edited:

Syrius

@Mamatigerj @Fremen @Tileenah Thank you!! :flowers:

Snuck in my workout early today while breakfast was baking.:jacks:

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 17
Core Control 18
Daily Kicks 11
Back & Shoulders 11
Touch Your Toes 11
Miner 3 - gems: dirt | ruby | dirt (2 sets full push-ups, 1 set knee push-ups)
(Miner Totals: Emerald 1 | Ruby 2 | Amethyst 1 & 1 worm)

Total Burn 12 lvl 3
Spellbound - Lightning Storm [Charged] (modified for knee push-ups)
Spellbound 9
Spellbound - Healing Spell Level1 [Charged]
Spellbound 10 - [Cast Shield] sucessfully [Cast Healing Spell Level 1]

Have a good one Bees!!

Last edited:

Syrius

Monday, 4 September

1.5 hours of fencing
. Muscles sore and tight back, so skipped challenges in favor of light stretching.

Tuesday, 5 September

Had good intentions of working out. I have had a tension headache all day and some residual muscle soreness from yesterday. Went on a 1.3 mile walk with hubby-to-be (his suggestion) I'm counting that as a win for today. Will do more tomorrow, but just needed a little rest.

Syrius

@Tileenah Thank you!
Headache is better today. However, this morning, I woke up with terrible pain in my hip. I don't think it is the actual hip joint itself, especially as the pain has shifted from being the whole hip (when I woke up) to a very bad twinge in the side of my butt. It really hasn't gone away all day, so I am taking today as a rest day. Hopefully it feels better tomorrow.

Syrius

@Mamatigerj @Tileenah Thank you!! :flowers:

Thursday, 7 September
Bad migraine day (motion sensitive), so another day of rest. In brighter news, my head was the only thing that hurt.

Friday, 8 September
We had to go to the venue today, and then spent the rest of the day walking around one of our favorite towns. 5.57 miles / 13,589 steps in the day, almost all in the higher elevation. Also checked out a few new places while walking around, so that was good.

Saturday, 9 September
Feeling great today, so I am going for the whole workout. :jacks: Hubby-to-be and I started Ironborn today, so that was fun. I hope he'll stick with me through the whole program, I'll be super proud of him.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 18
Core Control 19
Daily Kicks 12
Back & Shoulders 12
Touch Your Toes 12
Miner 4 - gems: dirt | topaz | diamond (3 sets knee push-ups)
(Miner Totals: 1 Emerald | 2 Ruby | 1 Amethyst | 1 Topaz | 1 Diamond & 1 worm)

Ironborn 1
Totals 19 modified to knee push-ups
Spellbound - Super Strength [Charged] modified to knee push-ups and about 1/2 of the shoulder taps were performed from the knees
Spellbound 11 [Cast Super Strength]
Back Work Workout
Unbound 20 (Realized after I did it that I had done this one already. Oh well.)

Have a good day Bees!

Last edited:

Syrius

Phew, okay, when I started today's workout, I had a plan... then it just morphed into a super long workout. :tired: I have got to be better at sticking to my plans.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 19
Core Control 20
Daily Kicks 13
Back & Shoulders 13&14
Touch Your Toes 13
Miner 5 - gems: dirt | ruby | dirt (3 sets knee push-ups)
(Miner Totals: 1 Emerald | 3 Ruby | 1 Amethyst | 1 Topaz | 1 Diamond & 1 worm)

Home Workout (w/ hubby-to-be(htb)) modified side jacks to jumping jacks
Ironborn 2 (w/ htb)
Cardio Go! 4
Totals 20

Have a good one Bees!

Syrius

Monday, 11 September
Had a decent day at work and did some workouts at work:

Work wins:
Core Control 21
Touch Your Toes 14
40 side leg raises (towards Totals 21)

Then I got home and my ankle gave out on me. I spent the rest of the night "grounded" and I iced it.

Tuesday, 12 September
I feel much better. However, I know not to be stupid in my workout just because I feel better. So, that being said, here is today.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 20
Back & Shoulders 15&16
Touch Your Toes 14

A decision I have come to is that I have too many challenges going. I will not be picking up any new ones until I have finished everything but Miner. I need to reassess where they fit into what I want out of my workouts.

Brawler Workout lvl 1 - Various muscles are just sore. Not my ankle, thankfully that seems to be okay. I like Brawler, but I'm going to call it there. I'm also just feeling really super low on energy.
Epic Arms Workout - felt really good doing this one.

Catch ya tomorrow Bees.

Syrius

Syrius

It is a bright and beautiful day today! I got a lot done and I enjoyed a longer workout, taking my time through the planks.

Today's wins:
Glutes of Steel 23
Core Control 23
Daily Kicks 15
Back & Shoulders 18
Touch Your Toes 17
Miner 7 - gems: dirt | worm | dirt (3 sets knee push-ups)
(Miner Totals: 1 Emerald | 3 Ruby | 1 Amethyst | 1 Topaz | 1 Diamond & 3 worm)

Spellbound - Invisibility [Charged]
Spellbound 12 - [Cast Invisibility]
Spellbound - Wind Blast [Charged]
Spellbound - Earth Rift [Charged]
Spellbound - Restoration [Charged]
Spellbound 13 - [Cast Earth Rift] [Cast Lighting Storm (Passed)] [Cast Restoration]

Syrius

Syrius

Hiya Bees!!! Alright, got some good sleep last night. :jacks:

Today's line up:
Core Control 25
Zen 11 - huh, guess I have some sore shoulders
Touch Your Toes 19
Miner 9 - gems: skeleton | dirt | Topaz (3 sets full push-ups!!! :move:)
(Miner Totals: 1 Emerald | 3 Ruby | 1 Amethyst | 3 Topaz | 1 Diamond & 3 worm)
Glutes of Steel 25 alternating sets w/ Back & Shoulders 20, no rest between
Ironborn 3
Daily Kicks 17 - no rest, probably should have rested.

I think that's it for today. If I do more, I'll come back and edit. I was going to do the next Spellbound as well (Cursebreaker), but I'm still feeling a bit wiped out. I am also kinda avoiding the next Totals (shouldn't have peeked - it's burpees :vsad:.)

Have a good one Bees! :noming:

Syrius

Sunday, 17 September
Lots of cooking and I burned my arm with hot oil. :facepalm: I took care of it and it seems to be okay.

Monday, 18 September
Headache day and my glutes were very sore. Took a rest day.

Tuesday, 19 September
Okay, burn is tingly now and I do have a small blister in one area. Arm is uncomfortable in certain positions, due to skin movement, which was to be expected. Still feeling quite a bit sore, but mostly my calves today. However, I refuse to just rest again.

Rest & Rec Workout
Before Bed Workout

Tomorrow, I will assess what I can do without discomfort and try to do a bit more. I suspect that I may have to give up Miner and modify strength training for a little bit, but I'll find out. :worry:

Have a good one Bees

Syrius

Hello Bees!
Today's wins:
Quick Warmup Workout
Fireheart 3 lvl 3 - okay, I surprised myself on this one. I honestly was only expecting to do lvl 1, but I talked myself into one more set and then the last one too. I will definitely be feeling this tomorrow. Since I am already feeling it, and I was already hungry and tired going in, I am calling it done after...
Calves of Steel 1 ...and...
Hips & Glutes Stretch Workout

I know, I know I said no more new challenges. HOWEVER, I know that this is what I need to do to help strengthen my calves as well as maintain happy arches. So, I am bringing it back through again because I suddenly remembered why I used to do calves raises a lot (back when I had a year streak, like 5 years ago or something like that.) Anyway, I digress. Calves of Steel is here to stay. Okay, skipping challenges today - I am out of energy and my glutes are already talking to me. I just used the sit-up tool for the first time today and I haven't done that many sit-ups in longer than I care to try to figure out.

Arm update - stinging and randomly hurting. Overall, looking a little better.

Have a good one Bees!

Syrius

Syrius

@Mamatigerj Thank you!! :thanks:

Friday, 22 September
The day started off good. I was feeling great, my arm was feeling better, and chores were going really well. Until I stubbed my foot on my trashcan and ended up with a gash under my toe. :teary:It all just went down hill from there and I ended up finishing my laundry and that was about it. I think I get a little down every time I really hurt myself and then I end up talking myself out of doing anything at all. I'll need to be cognizant of this fact and work to do at least something to combat that feeling, even if it is something as simple as do 100 punches.

Saturday, 23 September
Alright, injury status -My arm is peeling but I can now curl it without discomfort. :bigsmile: My foot is still hurting and I can't do planks right now. Walking is painful until it warms up, but successfully went shopping for a new trash can and groceries.

Today's wins (Oh yeah, I feel like these were wins today.)
Calves of Steel 3 (This was surprisingly not too bad. My foot was surprisingly tolerant of this movement.) :bounce:
Glutes of Steel 27
Core Control 27
Daily Kicks 19 (Side kicks aren't so bad when they aren't paired with side leg raise days. Foot didn't like the rotation too much, but overall, not too bad) :kungfu:
Back & Shoulders 21
Touch Your Toes 21

:x: Forgot to warmup!
Spellbound - Healing Level II [Charged]
Spellbound 16 [Cast Healing Level II]
Strong and Beautiful Workout (Used 8lb weights except for the 10-count holds, where I used 5lb weights)

Alright, I am officially ditching Miner for right now. I really like it, but I just can't right now. And it just makes me feel bad every time I look at my workout list. I will come back and do it again because I felt good when doing it. I am feeling a lot more centered now that I have worked out. I'll just keep it light and easy for the rest of the day and hopefully things will just get better from here.

:handon:Hang in there Bees and have a good one!

Last edited:

Syrius

Okay, so here we go. Today's new no-go exercises: jumping jacks and high knees. I suspected this would be the case, but still had to try. So, Total Burn & Totals are on standby until I can do high knees and planks again, respectively.

Today's wins (Oh yeah, I feel like these were wins today.)
Warmup - Katana Warmup
Calves of Steel 4
Touch Your Toes 22
Daily Kicks 20 & 21, alternating Trying to avoid doubling up on side leg raises and side kicks on Tuesday. Turning kick rotations mildly uncomfortable but tolerable.
Spellbound - Endurance [Charged] Accidentally modified the squat holds into horse stance holds.
Spellbound 17 [Cast Endurance] Spellbound's progression is on standby until I can do planks. Spellbound 18 requires Invisibility, which has planks and I don't have it precharged. I can do the spells that are okay, but I won't be able to make progress forward.
Glutes of Steel 28
Back & Shoulders 22
Core Control 28
Unbound 22 Okay, maybe just a little much on the calf raises today. My arches are a little achy now.
Zen 12

Last edited:

Syrius

Okay, wore shoes for the first time today since I got hurt (I wore sandals to the store two days ago). My foot felt okay in the shoe, much to my relief. Now that I am home and can wiggle my toes, I can feel the discomfort again. My arms is looking a lot better. Definitely going to have a few new scars, but I knew that was the likely outcome.

At work today:
Calves of Steel 5
Core Control 29
Keyboard Warrior Workout

Got home from work really late, so I'm doing what I can tonight.
Glutes of Steel 29
Back & Shoulders 23
Spellbound - Armor Level III [Charged]
Daily Kicks 22
Touch Your Toes 23