Seri's Log

Seri

Jedi from Canada
I wanted to get back to maintaining a log here in order to get back on track with maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

I have had a really hard time since the beginning of 2022 in staying motivated to consistently exercise and maintain healthy eating habits. I had started a couple of the programs here and stopped half-way through, and I really want to stick with it this time.

Seri

Jedi from Canada
September 19, 2022

Total Burn Day 1 completed at level 3.
2000 Push-ups Day 1 completed
Day 1 of 100 completed of 50 reps of Punches, Side Kicks and Lunges

September 20, 2022

Total Burn Day 2 completed at level 3.
2000 Push-ups Day 2 completed
Day 2 of 100 completed of 50 reps of Punches, Side Kicks and Lunges

September 21, 2022

Total Burn Day 3 completed at level 3
2000 Push-ups Day 3 completed
Day 3 of 100 completed of 50 reps of Punches, Side Kicks and Lunges

Consecutive workout days 3

Seri

Jedi from Canada
@val.lavigne86 , it was from here, but I think that it was taken off the site.

From what I can remember, there were 2 separate 100 days challenges where a person could do 50 reps or 100 reps of the following exercises:
  • punches;
  • side kicks;
  • lunges;
  • squats;
  • Sit-ups;
  • Push-ups; or
  • jumping Jacks.
I just wanted to complete these in my workouts in small groups

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@Seri

Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Kiki

Seri

Jedi from Canada
I stepped away from doing anything from the Darebee site today, but still kept up with my workout streak by doing a 10K run which was done as a virtual run for 'Step Up For Mental Health'. It wasn't one of my better times, but I still completed it in a time that was comparable to some of my previous 10K runs. I may be sore for a day or two since it has been several months since I really have done any running.

The people that organized the run set up the run as a virtual run or an in-person run for tomorrow (September 24th) in a city that is 2 &1/2 hours away from where I live. I was hesitant about doing any in person races this year still, but ended up not regretting my decision to do it as a virtual run after seeing 4 of my coworkers miss work this week due to Covid :(. I didn't have any close contact with any of them, but still will be taking care around people overall.

Consecutive workout days 5

Seri

Jedi from Canada
Total Burn Day 6 done at level 3.
2000 Push-ups day 6 completed.
Day 6 of 100/ 50 reps of Punches, Side Kicks and Lunges completed.

25 minutes on spin bike completed :soaked: .

I'm feeling quite a bit better after my run from Friday with minimal soreness.

Consecutive workout days 7

Seri

Jedi from Canada
Darebee workouts were put on hold for the day, but still kept the workout streak going...

I did another 10K run for a virtual run today. My time wasn't as good as last week's run, but I wasn't too far off of that time. I did walk a little bit more this week in comparison to last week, which explains the difference between the two runs. I am not expecting to be sore like I was last week.

The option to get the Moderna Bivalent vaccine became available to people in my age group today, and my husband and I both got it, so I may end up with a sore arm instead of legs over the next few days. :blink:

Consecutive workout days 11

Seri

Jedi from Canada
Total Burn day 12 completed at level 3
2000 Push-ups day 12 completed
Daily Kicks day 2 completed
Day 12 of 100/ 50 reps of Punches, Side Kicks and Lunges completed

40 Scissors (EoD) completed.
Consecutive workout days 14

Now that I have consistently exercised daily for the last 2 weeks, I am going to also get back into better eating habits and focus on some weight loss. I have gained ~10 - 12 lbs over the last 3 to 4 months and have really noticed a difference in how my clothes are fitting. I'll be using the scale, taking measurements and pictures as a way of monitoring progress. I'll talk about progress on a monthly basis.