Barbarian Posts: 362
All Day 8:
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge
+15000 steps

Today was a good day. I woke up early, and decided to start my day - and finish my exercises before my brain started to work properly. The joke was on me ... I had brain fog nearly the whole day! My brain never decided to work properly!!!
:muahaha:

My experience with brain fog (when I get low on Vitamin B): I would sit or stand and stare at nothing. Think or wonder about what I am thinking or wondering about!! Yes, confusion, forgetfulness, zombie like state, and zero concentration span. I can continue my life normally without someone really noticing I morphed into a zombie, but sometimes complex calculations would take quite longer to figure out or comprehend. I don't recall the conversation I had with someone seconds before. Goldfish memory.

Confused Tonight Show GIF
bbc one fish GIF by BBC

I finished my exercises before 8 am, I had some coffee, a sandwich (which might be why I didn't feel brain fog when I woke up!), and walked to the mall. Realized my brain fog, and got a vitamin B ampule (a 25ml shot to quickly ease the symptoms), walked and walked, and with heavy bags (stationary, and some groceries) walked back home, and then went for an additional walk around the park. LOL I would think that was quite a workout. But oddly ... why do I feel less sore carrying groceries?

60 Day of HIIT is still fun. I feel as if I can do more, but for now, I am taking it a little slower. At least today I would have gotten in additional exercises a little unintentional. I didn't walk for exercise - but mostly because I felt energetic, I was too lazy to drive (yeah.... that happens), I really needed some books/paper (which is stil on sale for the month), and the weather was nice. I think because I had brain fog, I didn't quite think it through and it happened impulsively. And that turned into a fantastic win for today. The weather was pleasant today.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 10:
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Yesterday & today went well. No issues. I didn't do anything extra yesterday, but I might still add something later today. I did my exercises earlier again. The cut under my arm has been healing well, and caused no issues the past 2 days. I've noticed my weight is nearly back to where I was in November. I find it strange that this time my weight stays consistent more than before. I used to gain weight super fast. Okay, maybe I only ate more for about 10 days... but still. I have to be doing something right, or better.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Deadoks

All on Day 11:
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Yesterday I did an extra Darebee workout "Stonger Glutes" with 5kg dumbbells.

Today, I felt wonderful waking up, did the above exercises early. Was still fantastic. Then the heat came.... 31C but it felt hotter than that. Some days I feel like a Belguim Malinoise, trapped in the body of a sloth crossed with a Pug. I want to "go". And I want to run for hours, jump over the highest fence, run an obstacle course like there is no tomorrow. But reality.... I sit too much. I have got zero tan in this summer. Zero, after 2 warmer months. I'm not allergic to the sun! I just have a moonlight tan.

Expectations vs reality, how can I even align mine!? The year hardly started, I even bought a second small dairy JUST for my exercises and workouts ... yet both dairies is STILL empty!

rsz_120240111_152752.jpg

I had a glass of flaxseed/water before my workout. Ice cream, or was it a milkshake.... at 11:50 am (frozen banana, milk, cacao powder). And I'm just having veggies for dinner at 16 pm. This time of the year so many vegetables go off quickly, so there is days where it's easier to just roast or steam or stir fry them all without overthinking dinner much.

I doubt I will do more today. The heat is starting to make me grumpy. Tomorrow might be a little cooler luckily.

Nightg0ddess

@Deadoks Yes, summer is December to February, winter is June to August here. The bottom of Africa.

All on Day 12: (finished early morning)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I also tried the level 5 (new) workout, a little later.
:scull:
Sigma. It wasn't so bad. It was that 3rd movement... crow pose? Yeah, well.... what can I say. That didn't happen.

I had no issues with my exercises today (except Crow Pose .... I refuse to speak about that!)

fall help GIF

I do have a slight concern. My sugar cravings!! I will probably eat some fresh raspberries for my chocolate craving!! And then it is water, water and more water.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 13: (finished before 8am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge
Additional dumbbell exercises 5kg
Additional jump rope 7 minutes in total

I woke up at 4am. I'm not sure what's happening.... getting older? Perimenopause? Stress? Tried napping again, got up just before 6am. Wasn't tired or anything, did my exercises. Had some coffee. Did additional exercises. Only after noon the heat got to me.

A male tortoise attacked my flip-flops today. He really "killed" my shoe, and gummed, or beaked it to death! He was like a crocodile and he and the shoe flipped and rolled a few times. Luckily it is old shoes I wear in sandy areas. Nor he or the shoe was harmed. It's hormonal aggression to defend his territory. I can't blame him... but it's sad since he is so adorable and small. He can't help it in summer months. In winter these tortoises becomes like tame little kittens.
rsz_120240113_134552.jpg

I had no issues today. The heat only got bad at around 12:30 pm. There was a power failure from noon, and just went on moments ago. Our next power failure is at 20 pm to 22:30pm (will go on a little earlier). I think I should just sit outside tonight and count satellites.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 14: (finished before 8 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

It was slightly harder to get up this morning. Last night I struggled to fall asleep, and this morning I woke up with a headache. The headache went away quickly once I was up. The morning was quite pleasant and slightly cooler. I decided not to do anything additional after I finished the above exercises. The heat became unpleasant just before noon - even right now I struggle a bit. I feel lazy, tired, sleepy and drained of all energy. It will stay above 27C up to 35C the next 10 days. I appreciate that I started 60 Days of HIIT in summer - the program is just enough - and I can always do more sets on days where I have more energy.

The best part of the day was looking at the avocado tree with at least 100 baby avocado's on it ... The leaves is very green and healthy, so it is hard to really count them. They will be the highlight of 2024 if they do grow to a decent size, have a decent taste, and stay healthy. LOL The day when you wish for more health for your avocado tree, instead of for yourself, is when you know you should worry!! LOL

Happy Avocado Toast GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 15: (finished at 8:25 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I struggled to get up again. Once up I felt fine. It was a pleasant morning, already on the warmer side. I hardly finished and the heat really started to catch me. I feel a little more energetic than yesterday. The weather is similar to yesterday.

I did my washing, which I could hang outside, checked on my avocado and lemon trees. 🥑 🍋 My lemon tree have fruit throughout the year, but not a lot. Then my day actually started. There wasn't much work. The school's is starting this week, so it will get busy towards the end of the month and February during financial year end.

I might go for a walk on the beach a little later - except if it gets too windy.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 16: (finished before 7 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Was hard to get up, but once up I felt fine. I enjoyed Back & Core . The day was pleasant because it was slightly cooler. I had very low blood pressure most of the day - only noticed it after my workout. Towards the evening my dizziness went away completely. I felt a little sluggish most of the day, but it was a good day. I figured it could have been hormonal and not anything serious.

All on Day 17: (finished at 7:40 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Struggled again to get up, but was all good. I enjoyed the entire day. It was fine weather, because it was windy - so it didn't feel as hot. There is many field and mountain fires in my city due to the strong wind, unfortunately. Had a power failure, but still the day went fine. I had zero aches and pains!
:super:

Tomorrow and Friday we expect the temperatures to reach 34 - 38C ... and some power failures. I will have to get up super early both days to do my exercises. I also expect next week to still be quite warm. The nights is fine. Average of 18C which I can tolerate.

Nearly fostered a husky for the day .... but someone got her before I could ... You snooze, you lose!!

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 18: (finished at 8:15 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

60 Days of HIIT was lunges and side leg raises, while Back & Core was a recovery day. I decided to do some additional exercises.

3 circuits, 20 reps each, 3 sets:

Weighted Squats (only 0,5kg on each wrist/ankle)
Goblet Squats (12kg)
Banded Crab Walk
Resistance band leg up and down (laying/seated 90 degrees)

Leg Extentions
Lunges
Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises

Crunches
Leg Raises
Russian Twists (5kg dumbbell)
Plank Hold

It is 33C, and the humidity is 29%, the wind 23 km/h - the wind will become much stronger this afternoon. The heat today has not been so bad as I expected it to be. Woke up early, and watered my avocado tree. Did my exercises. Ate some oatmeal, which is yuck but I can tolerate it, since its the most convient to eat besides bananas or eggs for breakfast. No more bread or sandwiches for me! I have to cut out the most gluten I can, since it did start to affect my mouth again. I have cut down on my food portions, and avoid most sugar and salt in foods. I feel good about my food choices again. I don't have cravings today. I just have swollen fingers, swollen lips, puffy and itchy eyes. But besides the allergies, my health is quite good - 98% today. I'd give the allergies only 2% since it isn't really affecting how I feel, only how I look!!! LOL
The Lion King Lol GIF

There is a lot of field fires in and around my city due to the heat and strong wind. Yesterday the wind went over 50 km/h. It will also go to around 35 km/h by 19 pm tonight at its peak. My thoughts go out to all the firemen (and everyone else helping) with these fires in my city.

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
I don't know if you have access to bread made of spelt flour, but some people with gluten issues can handle spelt bread fine, because spelt makes a different kind of gluten than wheat does. I'm glad the oatmeal is safe for you though :hooray:

Allergies are such a butt to deal with :')

Nightg0ddess

@Knyte Thank you.

@Deadoks I wish I could see snow again in my life time! The last time I saw snow was back in 2016 (or 2017!?). And I recall back in the early 1990's I've built my one and only snowman!

@Maegaranthelas I am gluten sensitive (maybe a 50% gluten intolerant), so I don't always avoid it. Throughout the year I can eat flour based products in moderation, and I don't have to check labels to avoid it. Over some time, with trail and error, I found my threshold. I have to take Vitamin D daily. Apparently this helps to improve the absorption of other vitamins. Vitamin B's and folic acid, magnesium, iron, and so on. If I do have a few beers in summer, a slice of cake, a homemade pie or some filo pastry, or a slice of pizza, I won't get sick. Moderation. That is all I can really say.

I do eat or cook with other flours too - but not religously. BUT ........................... NOTHING in this world comes to regular FRESH white bread with REAL butter and avocado on top!!! My ultimate weakness in life!!!!
:chuckle:

My 2024 prediction:

Damn avocodo tree ..... 13 years I have been waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets all take a minute to realize that later this year I WILL buy plenty of homemade white breads, bake my own white breads with REGULAR WHITE FLOUR, buy SALTED BUTTER, and strip my avocado tree (if a squirrel don't miraculously appears and destroy my tree, or some weird insect plague) ... I WILL get a full on gluten attack ... and NOT BE SORRY nor have ANY REMORSE for my actions.
Ps. WILL make sure I lose an additional 3kg JUST FOR THIS year's "avocado fest" - even bathe in it, if I can.
Pss. WILL buy extra activated Charcoal, and fresh ginger for that time.
Pss. NO REGRETS. I just accept my fate.

Psss. This will be my "last meal" on death row. Touch wood, this won't happen, just saying.
:hehehe:

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Haha, I totally get it, some things are worth the discomfort of a food sensitivity ^^

I had to buy a breadmaker due to supermarket bread now containing stuff I am intolerant of (bean-family), and I recently made my first bread with sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. And then my second and third (which included a good pinch of powdered chili)... It's so good :hope:
Especially when it's day-fresh and crispy, just slather it salted butter and yummmmmm

I hope you avocado feast becomes a reality!!!

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 19: (finished at 9:55 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I got up later than I wanted to. It is about 35C today. Not there yet... but quickly approaching. I did some punches and kicks... and took out all my frustrations while doing 60 Days of HIIT... I did 10 sets instead of 7. Maybe more. My hair ... I mean head was literally somewhere else this morning.....

I also did
3 circuits, 20 reps each, 3 sets:

Push-ups
Chest press
Dumbbell press
Dumbbell flys

Dumbbell pullovers
Resistance band rows
Dumbbell rows
Dumbbell deadlifts

In & out crunch with a dummbell
Reverse crunches
Horizontal dumbbell woodchops
Side plank to crunch

Then I felt exhausted, fatigued... and realized I might have done too much today in too short time. There is probably not a part of my body not aching right now. And then I remembered my head again.... 😆

OK, on a very serious note... I'm experiencing EXTREME hair loss. There is about 4 reasons for this.

1000035560.jpg
Bundle 1 of 3 this morning, and more is still falling out .... please ignore the grey hair. I haven't colored my hair since 1 October last year to put more stress on my scalp.

RIP hair.

I have had very thin hair until my mid 30s. Then my hair suddenly became thicker and stronger. And despite my hair falling out for quite a few months (September) in bundles I'm not stressed about it. It is what it is, it just got 3 times worse after my bad flu in December, but I can't visually see bald patches when I tie up my hair yet. And I think I will soon cut my hair very short.... since I don't think my basin, rubbish bin, vacuum cleaner and broom can take any more hair!! I would be any hairdressers worse nightmare. The more you touch, the more falls out.

Ps. I think when they trash removal people come next Monday, they might call the cops to search for a corpse.....

Last edited:

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 20: (finished at 8:20 am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I got up at 5am purely because I wanted to avoid the heat, althought today is much cooler than yesterday. It wasn't easy to get up, yet once up I loved the pleasant morning.

I also did
1 circuit, 20 reps each, 3 sets:

Banded squat walks
Dumbbell Explosive Squats
Split Squats
Kettlebell swings

Dumbbell Sumo squat
Curtly lunge
Stiff-leg deadlift
Pistol squat

Incline weighted crunches
Leg lift-ups
Scissor kicks
Plank reach

I might do a little less tomorrow. I feel very tired again. My body isn't ready for what I have in mind, and it's a little frustrating. Aches and pains, and headaches from the heat. I do my best to stay positive. That is why I didn't do 3 circuits of the above exercises. I will still continue to push myself, but also not overdo it.

1000035544.jpg

1000035556.jpg

The baby dove is out of the nest at last. He is big and strong, and quite tame. He was born... laid... (egg) on Christmas day, or maybe the day before. I couldn't see when he hatched unfortunately.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 21: (finished at 7:40am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I slept like a baby. Then got up early to avoid the 8am power failure, but it was suspended for the day. It is still not warm yet. Just pleasant weather. 20C. Will be around 28C later.

I am not going to do additional exercises today. At least not anything strenuous. Decided to just do the above. I did 60 Days of HIIT on level III.

The rest of the day I need to just find something to do (or nothing!) to relax and take my mind off things.

I feel both fatigued and energetic at once ... tired but hyper. It's just such a weird sensation. I could be a little anaemic. It should pass within 30 minutes to an hour. I might actually do some Yoga and meditation later.

I really need a new hobby.
bored GIF

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 22: (finished at 7:40am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Yesterday I watched the (a delayed version of the) UFC fight between Dricus du Plessis and Sean Strickland. I've always been a Dricus supporter, way back when EFC was still on free national TV channels. My parents and I used to wait for these live fight nights, and we would sit until morning hours, and even watch the post-fight press conferences. Dricus was definitely our favorite fighter over the years. Since 2019 I haven't really watched much TV anymore.

I've also did some Yoga yesterday. Just tried to relax and recover. Made moussaka - which I just had one piece, since it is usually better the second day.

This morning was pure hell and torture.... sigh, allergies! I had to dig deep to do my usual morning routine since I felt super sluggish. I didn't even take anything for my allergies since I felt sleepy already. I only had coffee, a banana and Vitamin B's and D, and plenty of water. I don't take all my vitamins at the same time anymore. I am trying to space them out at the relevant times. I am starting to get small arm cramps or pain ... Vitamin D deficiency? I am quite certain it's a delayed mini gluten attack from my binging almost a month ago. Lovely. It shall pass eventually. Just have to soldier through this one.

I didn't do additional exercises again. And it's unlikely I'd do extras the next few days as it would be mid 30C here again. Another hot week. 🔥

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Hope you feel better soon! :vibes:

Thank you for the pictures of the dove, I've had a pair of mourning doves live outside my house for many years. Always get a kick out of it when they come back. :ss:

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Deadoks @MadamMeow

All on Day 23: (finished at 7am)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

Additional walk after 7am.

Woke up, got up, little less allergies, all went well. Did my exercises, all went fine.

It was double kicks, punches and recovery today (besides of course Hollow Hold and the Squats and Legs challenges which I normally don't even mention). Decided to do a short walk in my neighborhood. Just to do more but not to cause more fatigue.

I might do some Yoga later.

1000036091.jpg

1000036089.jpg

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 24: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge
Additional: Yoga (Origin, Gentle Yoga & Healthy gut)

Both yesterday and today I did extra yoga. It was 34C yesterday, and it will be 34C soon.
:phew:
I won't complain about the weather. I finished early enough to escape the wrath of summer heat.

It was mainly abs/core and leg exercises today.

My hair loss is still VERY alarming. Bundles of hair just effortlessly fell out this morning. I decided to take a closer look. I can see hair less than a centimeter long already on my scalp everywhere, not thick but everywhere at least. So that is maybe why I don't notice bald patches... yet. I feel a bit more relieved. Meaning: I won't lose ALL my hair... and even if I lose half, there is already new hair too!

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Maybe 2024 is a year of... letting go, growth and renewal!!! Let there be new hair!!!

I had the nicest breakfast smoothie, 1 banana, heaped teaspoon peanut butter, 3 heaped teaspoons oats, 3 heaped teaspoons flax seeds (powder), some milk and water to make it thinner. 😋 Didn't think it would be that nice. I have to find ways to incorporate the flax into my meals. For lunch I am going to have figs from the garden now (before the birds gets to it!!)

Nightg0ddess

@MadamMeow Thank you.

It's so strange. I take my vitamins, and my nails and skin is in good condition. So I finally found that hair has a 3 to 7 year cycle. But typically hair fall out, push out the old hair only then regrow. But... since September last year, I had mainly hair falling out on my right side and a little on top gradually. Now it seems it's mostly my left side and the back of my head, at a fast pace, and a lot. So it's not a typical hair loss situation. The right side and some areas have regrowth. No idea why it's accelerating. And the short ones isn't falling out! Althought they say hair don't regrow while falling out! The short ones should be falling out too!!! 🤔 How weird!? I think it's best to just let this happen for the next few months and see what happens.

The worse scenario:
Demi Moore Movie GIF

I'd rather take hair loss than constant pain, to be honest.

All on Day 25: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

We had 2 very hot days. Today is like 3C cooler. I finished my exercises early. Will do more Yoga later. (I normally don't include what I did, since it's very random, it's always from the Darebee workout section, or a random day on one of the Yoga programs).

I have slight discomfort in my right wrist, which I think is from yesterday's workout ... it should be fine soon.

I made a smoothie again. Oats, peanut butter, half a banana, water and a dash of milk, cinnamon and ground flaxseed. Smaller one today.

1000036503.jpg

She doesn't look good... I should make her prettier....

1000036503.jpg

Anyway.... I am still trying to figure out when to eat/drink what. I keep getting hungry around 14pm. And I make early dinner so I try to skip lunch, or only eat something small like a fruit. This does seem to keep me full for longer. But I'm not sure if too much fiber is good for me. This just make me 💩 more! I will see how this goes today.

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
It's so strange. I take my vitamins, and my nails and skin is in good condition. So I finally found that hair has a 3 to 7 year cycle. But typically hair fall out, push out the old hair only then regrow. But... since September last year, I had mainly hair falling out on my right side and a little on top gradually. Now it seems it's mostly my left side and the back of my head, at a fast pace, and a lot. So it's not a typical hair loss situation. The right side and some areas have regrowth. No idea why it's accelerating. And the short ones isn't falling out! Althought they say hair don't regrow while falling out! The short ones should be falling out too!!! 🤔 How weird!? I think it's best to just let this happen for the next few months and see what happens.
Hope it'll go good for your hair, I would be mad if I had this.

Nightg0ddess

@Deadoks So much has happened to me last year. From a near death experience to the worse flu, that this feels minor. I'm still struggling to regain my sense of smell. I do smell fire at the moment (which is a good sign).

We have (had?) a fire close to where I live.... maybe 3km away taking the length of the hill into consideration too. It was a small fire on the other side of a hill, somewhere between Tygerberg Hill (Nature Reserve) and Kanonkop. They contained the fire. And a few hours later the whole hill was on fire again due to sudden strong wind and heat. The fire went over the hill to my side, at Welgedacht. It sounds like the fire is contained on both sides of the hill, and they are there on stand-by. I mainly walked paths to the far right of these pictures. This was most likely arson again.

I will send photos I found on Facebook.

From 7h30 am, and again it flared up 14h30pm:
1000036617.jpg
1000036618.jpg
1000036619.jpg
1000036620.jpg

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 26: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I struggled a lot today. My back upper legs felt very stiff. Especially my right side. Today's lowerbody workout was no fun, as much as I usually enjoy leg day! It got better throughout the exercises, but when I sat for a while, the stiffness came back. I didn't do extras. I just feel moody because of the heat.

The fire is moving further away. A few fire fighters were treated for heat exhaustion, but no injuries have been reported. Residents of 2 areas (further north west?) were evacuated last night. This morning there is apparently 4 ground teams or fire trucks in the area. So the worse might be over, but with the wind, heat and the dry fynbos (plants) it is so ununpredictable. I still hear alarms again, which is a bad sign. There is other large fires in my province too. Even bigger than this one perhaps. But they are maybe in more rural areas, or less populated. I feel sad for the animals and tortoises, reptiles and even the snakes in these areas.

What a morning!
:phew:

Nightg0ddess

1000036698.jpg1000036695.jpg1000036708.jpg

Please tell me that is NOT a snake skin!

I know for a fact what a skink/lizard skin looks like in chunks... it doesn't have this pattern. It's much smaller and a thinner skin. This is where I often sit at night to watch the frogs and stars.
:worry:
The slug eater is one thing... but other snakes..... ummm......

Maybe it's a piece of plastic resembling a snake...... lol

Last edited:

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 27: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I felt like a 70 year old this morning when I woke up. And I felt like a 90 year old while doing my exercises.

There was no electricity from 6 to 8am. It was a power failure I didn't see coming, but luckily I boiled water at 5:15am when I woke up. And I did my exercises since it was cool and pleasantly quiet.

I don't have pain, but my right shoulder didn't like the planks. It was uncomfortable. I needed a decent warm up which I neglected to do! Purely because I felt too lazy to add it.

1000036765.jpg

I found an empty spider nest in the garden. I only see empty snake skin, empty spider nest... where are these critters!?
:freak:
I'm not scared of them, but awareness is important. I nearly stepped on a tiny clicking stream frog 2 nights ago!

Nightg0ddess

Not my photos* From Facebook firewatch group in my city.

Just saw a water attachment bag thingy (missed the helicopter!!) And then also saw a light airplane, which usually spray crops on farms, flew over our house....

1000036843.jpg
People say the fire in my area flared up like 55 minutes ago. The sky is now white over our area.

Then I also saw there is a fire on Table Mountain..... but this is a strange one....
1000036841.jpg

A car caught fire!!!
1000036842.jpg

1000036839.jpg

1000036840.jpg

4000 fires in our city over summer months (December to February) isn't unusual. Especially before an election it is even worse. I hear the helicopters and small planes constantly.

There is an even bigger fire in Wolsley area... the ash can be seen 20km away... maybe 40km from here. It's in a more rural part, and Mountain area. Also around nature reserves.

1000036844.jpg

It's 32C right now where I live.

It seems most these fires magically starts around nature reserves.

I have to keep all the windows and doors closed. And I have a mini fan. So no exercises for the rest of the day.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 28: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I did my exercises very early and was done by 7am. I was surprise by the cooler chill in the air this morning. Felt like the end of February or a March morning. I hope autumn will come early this year! It seems like it would be a little cooler the next few days.

1000036859.jpg

Then I went to a specific shop this morning but I was like a shark circling for parking... the parking was full before the shop even opened!!! It's the dreaded month-end weekend!!! How could I not check the date!?
:facepalm:
I don't have to torture myself. I can go any other day, on a quiet week morning. I just went to get some fruit and vegetables at another shop which wasn't as busy.

Oh, yesterday I cut my hair about 25cm shorter. I think my worse hair loss might be over!!! Haven't seen clumps with my last washing. And even this morning very little fell out when I brushed it.
:moves:
I won't dye it or put heat on it yet. Could it be a Vitamin D3 deficiency (again) on top of what was happening to my hair!? Hopefully it's that simple.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 29: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat)
Power Squats Challenge
Hollow Hold Challenge
Better Legs Challenge

I felt fine this morning. All seems to be going well. Didn't struggle with my morning workout, and also included about 27 minutes of yoga. Did feel slightly sore afterwards for a short while.

I officially have summer blues! I still haven't thought of a new hobby or something to keep myself busy. Maybe learn another language (again) or drawing. I don't want to start something expensive or too extreme. Something relaxing. I find it very difficult to be decisive. I have to make small decisions fast. Impulsive choices seems the best... so I shall draw today!!!! Cactus....is the first thing that comes to mind. I shall draw some cacti.
:blink:
Wtf.

Nightg0ddess

All on Day 30: (finished early)
60 Days of HIIT
Back & Core (repeat) <Finished>
Power Squats Challenge <Finished>
Hollow Hold Challenge <Finished>
Better Legs Challenge <Finished>

I don't know what to say about yesterday. It was hot... but there was wind up to 50 km/h. At some point I stood at the side of the house and the wind was super cold where I felt like I'm frozen!!! It was awesome!!!! The wind was so strong that I nearly lost my balance twice, and some potted plants fell over. Inside the house it was still warm. There was a few drops of rain for less than 5 minutes, but it was too little to really make any difference. The seasonal change could be on its way! Maybe I'd be blessed with my cooler February mornings!!!
:move:

I'm almost sad that most of my challenges and programs ended today. I really enjoyed them together. I blinked a few times and 30 days has passed!

I will probably start Core Strength, as my add-on, and I was looking at Power Hold and Kick Master 30 day challenges. Will decide today. My main goal is still to do Code of Abs and Extreme HIIT either in March or April. Depending on my health and fitness level.

I started to draw yesterday, it was more "squiggles" and a rough idea, than drawing an actual cactus. I gave up after an hour. I wasn't in the mood to be creative. I will try out something different today.