Exercising towards a better tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Continuing on from my old thread :- https://hive.darebee.com/logs/823152-exercising-towards-a-better-tomorrow#post868103

Still got the same goal, just a general improvement in my level of fitness and (In the fullness of time) hopefully a bit of weight-loss.

Still not feeling too nifty at the moment, still not entirely free of flu yet and now I've hurt my ribs again (I told you this month was cursed!), trying to find a bit I can do, so I've put everything else on hold and I'm working through Arms of Steel (Chair Edition) until I've healed up.

Day 1 of Arms of Steel (3 sets done with Housemate).

And that's it for today, hopefully it won't be too far into the week before I can start doing more, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Sif_Shepard

Still taking things easy:-

Day 2 of Arms of Steel done (3 sets done slowly, kept getting out of puff, with Housemate).

And that's it for today, now I'm going to very slowly do some chores, take the Housemate for a walk and make some Prawn Curry for dinner.
See y'all tomorrow! (Since I'm barely doing any exercising I'm going to try and not take any breaks.)

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Feeling so much better today! :chicken: (I had no idea this little guy was supposed to be a radish.)
Still just did a little bit though:-

Day 3 of Arms of Steel (3 sets with Housemate).

I would've done more, but I had workmen working this morning (Finally have a working shower again, no more worrying about being stinky! :yas:), tomorrow I should be back to doing a full workout routine, see y'all then.

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @val.lavigne86 @Lady Celerity @Sif_Shepard

Managed to get up early enough today to exercise (Unlike yesterday when I forgot to set my alarm :sit:), made a couple of changes, not going to continue with Iron Born (I thought it was all upper body stuff) or Arms of Steel Chair Edition, I think I was doing okay just working through the upper body exercises on the site.

60 Seconds Balance Hold (EotD) done (30 seconds each leg, only lost my balance once!),
Cultivator done (3 sets with Housemate),
Day 10 of 100 done (3 sets of Jumping Jacks),
Day 35 of Hero's Journey done (3 sets).

Feels good to get a full workout done :yas:
See y'all on Sunday!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Another week finished!

20 Single Leg Squats (EotD) done (In one go, although I couldn't manage full squats, more like little bobs),
No Wrong Answers done (3 sets with Housemate),
Day 11 of 100 done (3 sets of Squat Hops),
Day 36 of Hero's Journey done (Split into 3 sets, I always forget how hard yoga stuff can be! Skipped the meditation part, sitting quiet and still just isn't my thing).

Finally finished reading Day of the Triffids, it was a bit of a slog, the main character spends way too much time wrestling with his conscience (It may be realistic but it's so boring!). There's a couple more stories in the book, but I'm going to leave them for now.
Reading Slayers now. Been wanting to read it for ages since the anime version never got that far into the story, so I'm glad it's been re-released, makes for a bit of a strange read though, don't think I've ever read another book that's been written from just one POV.

See y'all tomorrow!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Skipped the meditation part, sitting quiet and still just isn't my thing).

You don't need to sit still to meditate! Meditation can be practised in any reasonably-comfortable body position. It can also be practised while moving.

If you are interested in reaping the benefits of a meditation practice without the need to sit still, you might like to explore walking meditation.
(There are other forms of moving meditation too. But walking is popular and a topic you'll find quite a bit written about.)

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
You don't need to sit still to meditate! Meditation can be practised in any reasonably-comfortable body position. It can also be practised while moving.

If you are interested in reaping the benefits of a meditation practice without the need to sit still, you might like to explore walking meditation.
(There are other forms of moving meditation too. But walking is popular and a topic you'll find quite a bit written about.)

I did not know that, I guess I had a very stereotypical view of meditation!
Reading through the link, that sounds a lot like what I already do when I take the Housemate for our park walks, I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Another day done:-
30 Push-up Shoulder Taps (EotD) done (In 3 sets, did regular Push-ups but I still can't get very low),
Captain On Deck done (3 sets with Housemate),
Day 12 of 100 done (3 sets of Side Leg Raises),
Day 37 of Hero's Journey done (5 sets plus Hammer Training, doing exercises extra slowly is harder than it sounds!).

This week I want to try and cut my computer use down to a minimum. I lost almost my entire weekend to mindlessly browsing the Internet (I had hoped to get Zeus finished, but I didn't do any painting at all), so I want to try and get it down to just the basics each day:- Darebee stuff, e-mails and a little go on my game (Merge City won't merge itself!) and that's it except for emergencies.
Let's see how well I do! See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@lofivelcro - Thanks! Hasn't gone too well (Especially on Monday, I made the mistake of checking up on something last thing at night and ended up staying up way too late looking at stuff :sad:), but it's made me more determined to cut back.

@huma - :LOL:

Too tired to exercise Tuesday, but I'm back at it today:-

30 Scorpion Twists (EotD) done (In one go),
Tempered Steel (WotD) done (3 sets),
Day 13 of 100 attempted (I managed 60 Side Bridges but I couldn't get my butt off the floor after that!),
Day 38 of Hero's Journey done (5 sets. Not sure I reached the target goal on any set, I just concentrated on going as fast as I could).

And that's it for today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
It's a noodlely arm day today :ragdoll:

100 Side Leg Raises (EotD) done (In 3 sets),
Touch Down (WotD) done (3 sets),
Day 14 of 100 done (3 sets of Arm Circles),
Day 39 of Hero's Journey attempted (Only managed 3 sets, just too much arm wriggling. Also did another workout instead of part 2, was just easier than trying to work out 20 minutes of random movement),
Side Quest done (3 sets).

Taking the Housemate to get her peepers checked out so that'll take up a big chunk of today, then I'm making a new recipe for dinner, Chinese Meatloaf with 5 Spice Potatoes and Stir-fried Veg.
See ya'll Sunday!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Wasn't feeling too nifty today, so I only managed a little bit, but that's another week wrapped up :yas:

40 Scissors (EotD) done (In one go),
Titan (WotD) attempted (Managed 1 set, the Power Push-ups were fun but I had to do them on my knees),
Day 15 of 100 attempted (Managed 40 Long Arm Crunches. This was the one that got me, really aggravated my achey chest),
Day 40 of Hero's Journey attempted (Managed 1 set of Part 1, did all of Part 2).

Hopefully I'll be able to manage a bit more tomorrow, see y'all then!