How long will I keep it up ?

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj @Froud @JCU @dancer @NancyTree @Anek @Syrius @PetiteSheWolf @Montserrat for your congratulations to my parents:sendlove: it was a nice family reunion :happy:

Today I did
  • Fondation program D13
  • Easy abs D13
  • Easy core D13
  • Easy cardio D13
  • Easy arms D13
  • Zen D13
And I went swimming (1,7km!). I also managed to go through a bit of my check list of things to do before September, although I had to cut it small chunks because of my back. I'm quite happy I still did it.

Have a nice day or night bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
  • Fondation program D14
  • Easy abs D14
  • Easy core D14
  • Easy cardio D14
  • Easy arms D14
  • Zen D14
I also walked at my fastest pace of the moment for an hour. Today my back was a bit better, I could walk a little faster than in the previous days, I teared out some bad weeds in the garden this morning (easy to do but there were lots of them) and gathered some plums from our tree. I had to lie down between each of these but I did a lot more today than in the past weeks. I am very happy! :worried:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thanks @Froud it really is :happy:
Today I did
  • Fondation program D15
  • Easy abs D15
  • Easy core D15
  • Easy cardio D15
  • Easy arms D15
  • Zen D15
Also did grocery shopping on foot (1hr walk) and EoD (50 lateral kicks) and WoD (with crunches instead of sit ups, my back isn't up to that yet) as I was feeling like I could do a little more.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
  • Fondation program D16
  • Easy abs D16
  • Easy core D16
  • Easy cardio D16
  • Easy arms D16
  • Zen D16
  • EoD (30 sit-up elbow strikes) modified because I couldn't sit much up
  • WoD (Leg-endary with cossack squats not as low as should be because of my back and not so slow side kicks, because I could not ^^' )
I also walked for 90 minutes with my girls and my husband this morning, we went back to that small hike I did a few days ago and this time my pace was better so I went back and forth to wait for them. And we went swimming this afternoon, 1km for me.

A good day overall :cool:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
  • Fondation program D17
  • Easy abs D17
  • Easy core D17
  • Easy cardio D17
  • Easy arms D17
  • Zen D17
  • EoD (2 min side to side chops)
  • WoD (Core sculpt)
I could do the high knees in Core sculpt!!! I'm going to try a little slow paced run tomorrow and see where I'm at :happy:
I also walked for 30 minutes today.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
  • 5km run
  • Fondation program D18
  • Easy abs D18
  • Easy core D18
  • Easy cardio D18
  • Easy arms D18
  • Zen D18
  • EoD (30 sec plank hold)
  • WoD (staying in)
The run went okay, I warmed up before going and set an easy pace. I felt a bit my back and my leg but it didn't hurt.
The stretching of the WoD was lovely, my flexibility needs a lot of improvement these days...

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Anek and @TakingBabyStepsBack :love:

Today I did
In the morning :
  • 30 min les mills strength workout for beginners (warmup, 4 sets of 10 squats, 10 "hover squats" and 10 sec hold squat, then same idea with push-ups, bridges and crunches, stretch)
  • 30 min les mills barre workout 01 without pirouettes or jumps (with daughters in tutu :aww:)
This evening
  • Fondation program D19
  • Easy abs D19
  • Easy core D19
  • Easy cardio D19
  • Easy arms D19
  • Zen D19
  • EoD (30 sec per legs lunge step ups)
  • WoD (optimum burn)
I am dripping with sweat (it's really hot around here so I didn't leave much the house today...) and up for a shower!

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
I've heard of the Les Mills workouts but haven't really tried or investigated them much. My hope is that they were kind to you.

Sounds like you were able to get lots of movement in despite the crummy weather. Keep it up!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
@TakingBabyStepsBack thank you :thanks:
I've heard of the Les Mills workouts but haven't really tried or investigated them much. My hope is that they were kind to you.
They can be really rough. And really above my current level. So I'm sticking with the modifications or the collection for what they call "recreational fitness" or beginners and they're okay. :happy:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
In the morning :
  • 45 min stationary bike at my parent's
This evening
  • Fondation program D20
  • Easy abs D20
  • Easy core D20
  • Easy cardio D20
  • Easy arms D20
  • Zen D20
  • EoD (2 min shoulder taps) they were rough after easy arms
  • WoD (the maid of tarth) 30 sec rest between sets.
My arms are so sore!!!

I am going to stretch a bit and then off to bed.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
In the morning :
  • 30 min les mills bodycombat video (step 2)
This evening
  • Fondation program D21
  • Easy abs D21
  • Easy core D21
  • Easy cardio D21
  • Easy arms D21
  • Zen D21
  • EoD (100 side jacks)
  • WoD (tower storm) only 3 sets, my back couldn't take more and I'm not strong enough yet. I think I didn't manage one get-up properly, I don't understand how you're supposed to do it? I had to sit up then lift my hips, I'm pretty sure that's not how it's meant to be done...
I didn't go out of the house today... Too hot outside...

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
That’s kinda why I wish the video library had spoken explanations of what the form looks like. I looked at that Tower Storm workout and basically said, “Nope.” So to get 3 sets on that one; good for you!

You’re doing well! Seems to me like there may be multiple badges coming up on the horizon for you! :)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
In the morning :
  • 20 min of les mills strength workout (I forgot the name...) targeting glutes, thighs, arms and abs
This evening
  • Fondation program D23
  • Easy abs D23
  • Easy core D23
  • Easy cardio D23
  • Easy arms D23
  • EoD (60 sec bear plank)
  • WoD (Vanguard)
  • 30 min of punch technique with husband. I loved doing that with him he's a good teacher :lovely:
  • Zen D23
Have a nice day or night bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
In the morning :
  • 6km run in 34'44" with ZR
This evening
  • Les mills botyattack step 2 (20 min)
  • Fondation program D24
  • Easy abs D24
  • Easy core D24
  • Easy cardio D24
  • Easy arms D24
  • EoD (30 sec raised legs hold )
  • Zen D24
My back is was a bit more sore today, I'll see if it's better tomorrow and if not will take it easy (and go swimming instead of running)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
In the early afternoon :
  • 6km walk (55 min)
This evening
  • Fondation program D25
  • Easy abs D25
  • Easy core D25
  • Easy cardio D25
  • Easy arms D25
  • EoD (10 triceps raise )
  • Zen D25
My back is all better but I took it easy anyway, I needed the rest.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did
This morning :
  • Les mills bodycombat video "step 3" (30 min)
In the early afternoon :
  • 9,5km walk (51 min)
This evening
  • Fondation program D26
  • Easy abs D26
  • Easy core D26
  • Easy cardio D26
  • Easy arms D26
  • EoD (15 knee-in and back kicks per leg, very slowly because my back hurt with this one)
  • Zen D26
My legs didn't hurt at all during the run! So I pushed a little to run faster and it was fine, I didn't even feel my tendons. Hurray!
Also I understood while doing the bodycombat video this morning what triggers my back pain : my hamstrings are really tight so front kicks are a no go for me right now. So I'll be stretching those muscles and things should get back to normal afterwards. :happy:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Today I did

This evening
  • Les mills kayra step 4 20 min low impact strength video
  • Fondation program D27
  • Easy abs D27
  • Easy core D27
  • Easy cardio D27
  • Easy arms D27
  • EoD ( 30 sec each leg twist lunges)
  • Zen D27
  • Stretching
Nothing went like I wanted today. I ended up overeating and feeling bloated and tired. The stress of going back to work is slowly but surely building up and the bad habits I had when I used to work are still there apparently (running from a thing to do to another one all day long and then compensating with food evening come). The only difference is I exercised and I did it out of love for myself and not to punish me for overeating. That's a major improvement I think. Tomorrow is another day. I'll try to spare some time to rest when needed.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
I understand about hectic jobs! Something that has helped me through the day is to prep my breakfast and lunch the night before. If I've eaten breakfast and have lunch with me I'm less likely to graze on the goodies in the breakroom.

Two of my fav breakfasts: Greek yogurt + mixed frozen berries; put yogurt in a Mason jar add frozen berries on top, put in the fridge overnight. Also rolled oats + cinnamon + unsweetened almond milk. Put oats & cinnamon in a jar, add almond milk and store in the fridge overnight. In the morning it is delicious!

I think you're spot on about choosing to exercise because it's good for you rather than a punishment. For me exercise is a great way to get rid of stress. Keep it up. There will always be bad days but be gentle on yourself. It's okay. You are doing great! :vibes:

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
:hug: That is a major improvement!! Taking the time to change your mindset like that is not easy and it is great that you are working out because it is good for you. You are doing great and you have been making awesome progress on your recovery. Keep it up!! :love:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Gandhalfit @NancyTree @Lady Celerity @Syrius @TakingBabyStepsBack @Mamatigerj @CODawn @Sevalys :love::lovely:
You guys are always so nice and supportive it's amazing :heart:
@Lady Celerity that's exactly what I thought and did the next day :happy:

I sprained my ankle today when I went running. I can't start working and of course I've already paid for stuff to be able to work again (licencing stuff and everything). I know it's a matter of weeks until I'm back on my feet but I'm not happy with the setback and it puts us in a tight spot moneywise.. I feel so stupid... :giveup::break:

I did my challenges on wednesday but not foundation, and none on thursday but I did a 30 min les mills video of bodyattack yesterday. Today I went running for 30 minutes and it seems I won't be doing anything for the next few days. At least I should have time to catch up on everybody's thread.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Healing vibes :love:
Don't blame yourself for an injury, it happens even if you are careful but now you can pamper yourself a little ;)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
I have to say this : you are wonderful people ! The continued support you show never ceases to amaze me...
Thank you all for your well wishes @JCU @NancyTree @Gandhalfit @Anek @Mamatigerj @Montserrat @TakingBabyStepsBack @CODawn @Lady Celerity @Syrius @Fremen :sendlove:

So... Today I've been preparing for my daughter's first week of school. I had scheduled a meal plan and had prepared what we needed to cook over the week-end. I made my husband do all the lifting, carrying and the actual cooking while I sat with one foot up at the kitchen table chopping veggies and making dough for pies and such. I was happy I planned everything beforehand, I didn't feel like I was useless today and it helped my morale.
And... I did a bit of exercise today. D28 and 29 of fondation program were doable, and D29 and 30 of easy abs and easy arms as well :LOL:
So 2 challenges are done ! One program on hold... I'll be starting arms of steel and an abs program. And maybe something for the glutes as well. Yesterday we had our monthly roleplay session and one of our friend who's a MD looked at my ankle and started to panick when he saw I had crutches. He told me I had to put my foot on the floor and walk if I could and move as much as I could otherwise I would not heal in the right way. At first I didn't understand then I caught he thought I was hopping with the crutches. So I showed him how I used them, explained they were only for pain and balance, and that he didn't have to worry about me not moving... So tonight I thought of that while completing the easy abs challenge and laughed quite a bit. I find I'm quite stuborn when I'm set on something. And I like that about me *muhahaha* (this is my mad laugh) :standby:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Nice.
May your daughter have a useful next 12 years of education and hopefully more than that 🤞🙏👍💪