Montserrat's Musings

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
As I had expected, today's exercises were quite hard for me. Although I did do the maximum number of sets, I just couldn't do the 20 jump squats required per set for level III. (They are so draining!) So I did 14 per set, and I'll count it as a level II/III. Still, a very satisfying workout!

:move:

21-8-2023 - day 10
and
and
  • Foam rolling

Montserrat

Thanks @Tileenah! I would love to improve them. I even played basketball when I was younger, but I was never a good jumper. (Although my team was called the Jumpers! :D)

Today's planks also are not on my list of favourite exercises, and they weren't easy for me. Still I managed to complete all five sets, but the final sets were rather wobbly. I'll count it as a level III, though!

:bow:

22-8-2023 - day 11
(Zombies, Run! unfortunately got disconnected somewhere along the line so I will rerun the mission.)

and
and
  • Foam rolling

Montserrat

Thanks @Tileenah it was nice. :ss:

I knew I probably wouldn't be able to stick to my program during the past few days, being away spending time with my uncle and aunt. Therefore I added in the Upper Body Light Challenge just to keep moving. I'm back home now, and will be picking up where I left off tomorrow.

26-8-2023 - day 15
27-8-2023 - day 16
28-8-2023 - day 17
29-8-2023 - day 18

Montserrat

Yes @Tileenah, fortunately all is well now! :ss:

Again, I was away for a few days, this time to visit my mother. I must say she is very supportive of my working out, so I managed to train a little.

1-9-2023 - day 21

2-9-2023 - day 22
and
and

3-9-2023 - day 23

4-9-2023 - day 24
and
(I tried to do it all on level III but couldn't quite hold the planks for a long enough time. I think they are slowly improving, though.)

and

Montserrat

6-9-2023 - day 26
A slow run, or a fast jog, I'm not sure. :ss:

It was very warm here today, but I went out early enough that it was still nice outside. The park was beautiful and I even saw a fox!
I had to rerun the same ZR mission for the third time but I think I've now found out what I did wrong earlier. I'll list the mission here when I've completed it. (It's a 10K that I'm running in three parts.)

and
and
  • Foam rolling

Montserrat

I think either tomorrow or tuesday should see some cooler weather and probably the beginning of fall.

:phew:

10-9-2023 - day 30
This time, I finished the mission in one go. I did not run all of it, though. I left the mission running when I was on my bike. Unfortunately, the updating of the Zombies, run! app that was already mentioned by @NancyTree, has made it impossible (or very difficult) to pause a mission and resume it on the next run. This is a pity, because there's another 10K and two 20K's coming up, which I'll want to do for the storyline, but definitely not in one go. So I'll have to come up with a solution again, which (1) messes up the statistics (distance, pace, etc.) and (2) you can't effectively deal with the zombie chases this way. Ah well... I'll get over it... :shake:

and
and
  • Foam rolling

Montserrat

Today I took my first ever Aikido lesson!

Training with Darebee has been great (and I will definitely keep up my workouts as I did before) but one thing that I wanted to do more is to learn new things, to practice new skills and techniques. It has been a very long time (25 years?) since I last was doing sports together with other people. So this was quit a big step for me but I enjoyed the session a lot, although I did have some trouble following along with the teacher's instructions. But maybe that's normal when you are very inexperienced.

I intend to stick with this, let's see how it goes!

:worship:

11-9-2023 - day 31
and
  • Aikido practice

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Best of luck with your Aikido training.

The fact you can't keep up yet means that you aren't used to the movements and/or rhythm which makes perfect sense. You're learning something completely new and challenging your brain and body.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Today I took my first ever Aikido lesson!
Hurray, it's always nice to start something completely new :)
I enjoyed the session a lot, although I did have some trouble following along with the teacher's instructions. But maybe that's normal when you are very inexperienced.
Aikido is a very difficult but also very interesting martial art, I have been practicing it for 18 years, have fun, everything gets better over time as you like what you do ;)

Montserrat

My new preoccupation with aikido and the beginning of the new semester at university are making it much harder to find time for my other workouts. Unfortunately I haven't had time for 30 Days of Change for a few days in a row now. I do intend to get back to it as soon as I can though!

:waltz:

13-9-2023 - day 33
and
  • Aikido practice

14-9-2023 - day 34

Montserrat

@NancyTree @JCU @Gandhalfit @Mianevem @TheLibrarian @Mamatigerj @PetiteSheWolf @Fremen @Laura Rainbow Dragon @GentleOx @HellYeah @Anek @PETERMORRIS966 @Tileenah @CODawn Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes dear Bees! Wow, so many!

:thanks:

As you may have noticed I haven't been able to keep up my log lately, unfortunately. It all started with a knee issue that prevented me from training for a few days. I think that aikido practice caused it. Although the training is very gentle, I'm making some movements that were not so common to me before, such as bending the knee sideways much more and putting pressure on it. I don't think I really injured my knee, but it did make me realize that I have to be very careful in building things up. Hopefully that will be possible.

Anyway, that is pretty much over now, and I hope to resume aikdo practice on Wednesday.

After not training for a few days I found it hard to get back into the habit. Especially because I had my birthday coming up, lots of things to do, my mother staying for a few days, and a few other visitors as well. This 'disturbed' my usual routine and I didn't do much since my last post.

Now I'm gradually getting back on track with everything, hopefully I can keep up!

I also hope you are all doing well!

:earz:

1-10-2023 - day 1
  • 18 km hike

2-10-2023 - day 2
(Decided to continue from where I left off, even though there's a gap of many days...)

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
:vibes:for your knee.

Maybe it's worth getting it looked at if it keeps hurting. Knees have a lot of bits.