Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
27 Aug Workout:

:v: PT stretches & exercises - 20 min
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 4

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the animal shelter. I had to put my kitty down in June due to cancer and our other cat has been lonely and depressed.
Meet Pixie!
She is 5 months old. Currently she's confined to the bedroom until the vet gives her the okay to be introduced to our other cat. She is a ball of energy :bouncy: and has a sweet disposition. Pixie was brought to the shelter when she was just two days old so she has never known anything else, until now. :)

pixie.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Thanks @Gandhalfit & @CODawn !
Pixie is doing well but wants out of my bedroom, which I won't do until the vet gives her an 'all clear' on Saturday. Our other cat, Ginger, knows there's a kitty behind the door and that we've been spending quite a lot of time with this new intruder! Stay tuned for the next episode--You Gotta Be Kitten Me 😸

29 August Workout:
:v: PT stretches & exercises w/Pixie - 20 min

:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 6 I was surprised that butt kicks are considered low impact? They aren't when I do them.....

have a joyful evening :float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I left work on time! :ss: We've had forest fire smoke drift and it was very smoky, at the hazardous level for a bit, so students had to stay indoors. Try telling a kindergartener they can't play outside. There were some unhappy ones--including teachers!! :LOL:

Meanwhile, Pixie and Ginger have touched paws under the door. No hissing or yowling, so I take that as a good sign.

30 Aug Workout:
:v: PT stretches & exercises - 20 min With my little furry buddy.
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 7

Off to water the garden.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It wasn't a great day but at least it was payday! Bad smoke kept everyone indoors again and caused scratchy throat, watery eyes and tightness in my chest. ugh. The good news is that it should rain tomorrow and drive all the forest fire smoke away.

Tonight is the Super Blue Moon 🌝 I hope that I can get a good look at it. Is anyone else planning on viewing?

31 Aug Workout:

:v: PT stretches & exercise - 20 min w/Pixie

:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 8

have a wonderful evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Lightning, thunder and heavy rain today, yay! ⛈️ Hoping it will quench all the forest fires near here. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend!!!! Pixie gets a vet check up tomorrow; if all's well we will try a short introduction to our other cat Ginger. 🐈🐈‍⬛

:v: PT stretching & exercises - 20 min
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 9
:v: The Miner - day 1 + option 5 push ups. I found a worm. Great.

Here's a Pixie picture for your weekend:

pixie eye cu.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
After overexerting myself and being frustrated that I'm not able to do the things I used to do I decided to begin. Again. And again. I have been working in the yard and going on short hikes as well as pulling out my handy Darebee Pocket Workout Guide + doing my PT exercises, so it hasn't been a total loss.

13 Sept Workout:

30 days of LIIT - day 10. Picked up where I left off.

That's it for today, but it's something and something is not nothing!

Cheers! :celeb:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Pixie got spayed yesterday and has been recuperating. Although she must be sore her spirits are still high. The vet said to keep her from running or jumping for two days :haha:

14 Sept Workout:

:v:PT stretches & exercises - 20 min
:v:30 Days of LIIT - day 11

We've begun a 'water brigade' at work. When my coworkers alarm goes off we chug as much water as we can. Usually I drink lots of water but it's harder when I'm working. The alarm system is working great! The only downside is extra restroom trips. :bigsmile:

have a lovely evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Happy Monday (?). Went way off track over the weekend:pizza::cookie:, though I did manage a short hike. Feeling stuck with life in general but continuing to keep trying, so here I am!

18 Sept Workout:

:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 12 & 13
:v: The Miner - day 2 Found a topaz!
:x: PT exercises - sick of them, will try tomorrow

Good evening/morning bees! :jacks:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
If your sick of PT exercises you could stop and do something else.

I'm not sure what to do to get unstuck, the solutions are varied and depends on each individual. But, for me it was cleaning my refrigerator 🤷‍♀️

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Gandhalfit I understand! Cleaning and purging are great ways to let go of stuff and the emotions that go with it. Last week I cleaned out the garage and took a load of stuff (that wasn't fit to donate) to the dump. It was very satisfying and I can find all of my tools again. :happy:

20 Sept Workout:
:v: Universal Warm Up
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 14
:v: The Miner - day 3; found a diamond! and two dirt.

Trying to get back to being consistent and put my exercise (which is my time) first. I have been allowing other people's needs to creep in too often. It has been challenging as my elderly mom is no longer able to drive so I've been driving her places. She does rely on friends somewhat, thankfully.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Gandhalfit thank you. She's had a rough year but can still rake leaves faster than me. :)

It's Fri-YAY!!! At last. What a long week. Oh and Happy Autumn!!! My favorite time of year. 🍂🍁

22 Sept. Workout:
:v: Universal Warm Up
:v: 30 Days of LIIT - day 15
:v: 50 front lunges + 50 reverse lunges
:v: The Miner - day 4 + 3 sets of 5 pushups. I found dirt, amethyst & dirt.

We had a visitor behind the house recently 😮

mtn lion1.jpg

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the Fall Equinox.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Gandhalfit & @Anek that's a mountain lion! Also called a cougar or puma. Where I live we call them mountain lions. They get big and are eerily quiet for their large size. I'm always looking up into the trees when I hike alone.

mountain-lion-size-comparison-Human-House-Cat-Bobcat-Dog-1280x720-1-1024x576.jpg

Over the weekend I cleaned off the roof and the gutters and raked acorns. LOTS of acorns. Despite the long, physical day it felt good to work outside and to be prepared for the rainstorm we had yesterday. I was a bit sore but surprisingly my back felt okay. Progress!! I decided to take a rest day so as not to push my luck.

26 Sept Workout:
:v: Universal warm up
:v: 30 Days of LIIT - day 16 & 17. Plugging along.
:v: The Miner - day 5. Plus 3 sets of 5 knee pushups. I found a diamond! amethyst! and....dirt.

Get out and enjoy the outdoors! :float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's been too long since I've logged. I've been hiking, walking and raking acorns-still. It's a bumper crop! It has been difficult to be consistent with lots of things lately, a sign that I'm overcommitted again. But I .Press .On.

I convinced some of my co workers to do the 15 day No Sugar Challenge . We are on day10! So far only three of us have not cheated (at least they say they haven't... 😉). It's not been too difficult but last night I really wanted a :cookie:!

10 Oct Workout:
:v: Universal Warm UP
:v: 30 Days of LIIT - day 18
:v: The Miner - day 6 + 3 sets of knee pushups. Found dirt, a worm, dirt. Must be all the yardwork.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Day 12 of the No Sugar Challenge. Only three of us left that haven't given up! I've noticed that I tend to crave sugar when I'm stressed at work (the past few days). One co-worker has lost over 3lbs just cutting out sugar.

12 Oct Workout:
:v: Universal warmup
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 19
:v: The Miner - day 7 + 3 sets of knee pushups. Found dirt, amethyst, aaaaand dirt.

TTFN bees :fantastic:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Wow another week gone by...have been hiking, doing yard work & fall cleaning since my last post. I've been so slammed with work/family responsibilities that I've put my exercise needs last--again. ugh.

No Sugar Challenge - :completed: finished on Oct. 15. Now that's it's over I find that my intense sugar cravings have disappeared. While I have had a treat (Costco churro anyone?) I don't feel dominated by the after-dinner-I-need-something-sweet habit.

18 Oct workout:
:v: Universal warmup
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 20
:v: The Miner Challenge, day 8 + 3 sets/5 knee pushups. I found a skeleton! And an emerald! And dirt.

My biggest goal now is to get back to exercising consistently. So difficult when my caregiving responsibilities have increased significantly.

have a lovely autumn evening bees. :teatime: