Daily Kicks 23 & 24 alternating between the two
Spellbound - Persuasion [Charged]
Glutes of Steel 30 :completed:
Spellbound - Armor Level 1 [Charged]
Core Control 30 :completed:
Back & Shoulders 24
Touch Your Toes 24
Spellbound - Restoration [Charged]

Well, I think I can say that my spellbook will be well stocked when I am able to get past Invisibility. :jacks: I did try some high knees. They were almost tolerable. I think if I give it a couple more days, I'll be good. As for planks, I'm not quite there. I'll probably try something on Friday, may be Time Stop or Invisibility, and see how that goes. Maybe that is an ambitious thought, but I'll reassess before I try.

:handon:Hang in there Bees and have a good one!

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
@Mamatigerj Thank you!! :thanks:

I got knocked on my butt today with a cold. I feel a bit better than I did this morning, but all I have managed today is drink fluids, nap, and I just did Spellbound - Tracking (10 minutes of meditation, which I almost fell asleep during).

I'm off to get more rest and I'll be back again tomorrow.

Syrius

@Mamatigerj & @Fremen Thank you! :thanks:

Feeling somewhat better today. My arm is definitely better, so that's good. My foot is getting better, mostly only hurts when I spread my toes and curl them back. As for the cold, I can take deep breaths today without needing to cough as much as yesterday. So, I'll count that as a win.

Today's Wins:
Trim & Tone Arms workout - I spaced this one out a bit more than stated on the sheet.
Daily Kicks 25 - This was super, super impulsive. I can feel the cough tickles, so I'll just hang out a sec before doing the next.
Back & Shoulders 25
Zen 13
Calves of Steel 7
Touch Your Toes 25

Syrius

@Tileenah Thank you!! :thanks:

Friday, 29 September

Today got away from me in a big way today. I did Calves of Steel 8 while brushing my teeth for bed.

Saturday, 30 September

Trip to the next town over ended up being way longer than expected. :giveup: So, my only win was 12,017 steps over the course of the day.

Sunday, 1 October

Today's wins:
Touch Your Toes 26
Katana Warmup
Daily Kicks 26
Spellbound - Lightning Storm [Charged] modified with knee pushups
Back & Shoulders 26 & 27 alternating between
Spellbound - Armor Level 2 [Charged]
Daily Kicks 27
Touch Your Toes 27
Unbound 23
Calves of Steel 9

Okay, I'm feeling pretty good after that. Today was feeling a bit tough, it was just a low energy day after not enough sleep. Overall, feeling quite a bit better.

Last edited:

Syrius

It felt like a long day today. :crawl: <-- This is how I felt coming into workout time today.

Today's wins:
Cardio Warmup
Spellbound - Dome [Charged]
Spellbound - Time Stop [Charged]
Back & Shoulders 28
Spellbound - Healing Level II [Charged]
Calves of Steel 10
Touch Your Toes 28

Alright, today we had some half jack, jumping jacks, and planks. Toe wise- it was good. :excited: My calves were exhausted after the half jacks and the planks were really hard to hold, especially the side planks. :tired: I need to cycle in more cardio and strength for arms. But that's okay. :nod:

Syrius

Tuesday, 3 October

Well, all I can say is that it was an extra long day at work. I got dinner late and had an upset stomach, so I didn't workout. Well, I did do Keyboard Warrior while I was at work.

Wednesday, 4 October

Today was a blur of activity. I have done a lot of stuff around the house and ran a multitude of errands.

Today's Wins:
Daily Kicks 28
Quick Warmup
Touch Your Toes 29
Daily Kicks 29
Spellbound - Invisibility [Charged]
Spellbound 18 - [Cast Invisibility - Failed] [Cast Silent Step]
Spellbound 19
Back & Shoulders 29
Daily Kicks 30 :completed:
Spellbound - Healing Level 3 [Charged]
Spellbound 20
Spellbound 21
Spellbound 22 - [Cast Persuasion] [Cast Deflect] [Cast Armor Level 1] [Cast Lighting Storm - Pass] [Cast Iron Strike]
Back & Shoulders 30:completed:
Touch Your Toes 30:completed:
Calves of Steel 11

Definitely too much plank today, that's my one complaint.

Syrius

@HellYeah @Tileenah @Mianevem @Fremen @BetaCorvi @Mamatigerj Thank you!! :thanks:

I was rushing those challenges there at the end so that I could complete them before I took off for a weekish to get married and go on honeymoon. I am back and I haven't really done any working out since 4 October. However, I have been doing a ton of walking, so I'm going to report on some stats from my Fitbit.

4 October - 16,265 steps (errands/staging for packing car/cleaning/workout previously reported)
5 October - 11,746 steps (packing/travel/walking around favorite town)
6 October - 10,443 steps (running pre-wedding errands/rehersal/rehersal dinner)
7 October - 8,175 steps (pre-wedding errands/wedding) [inaccurate due to ~5 hour window when my Fitbit was confiscated for wedding]
8 October - 6,894 steps (travel/chores)
9 October - 9,669 steps (packing/travel/walking around)
10 October - 19,982 steps (Theme park 1)
11 October - 22,791 steps (Theme park 2)
12 October - 11,806 steps (Theme park 3)
13 October - currently 5,398 steps (packing/traveling/unpacking/some light chores)

Taped left arch 5 -12 and right arch 11 - 12.
I am taking today as a "rest" day. I may come back for some stretches later and I'll post if I do.

Syrius

@Mamatigerj @aku-chan @Anek Thank you!!! :thanks:

Okay, never made it back for stretches yesterday. Probably not my best move, but it's okay. Had a bad night of sleep, ended up with 3 hours total. But, I am persevering anyway. I suspected that I'll be feeling tight and sluggish in my work out, so I tried to keep it light.

Today's Wins:
Quick Warmup I wish I had watched the video on this sooner. I didn't realize that you didn't have to come all the way back to the clap on the chest expansions.
Epic Five 1 This was harder to do than I want to admit.
Hard Reset 1 lvl 3
Calves of Steel 12
Unbound 24 I had to use the wall to help me balance for the leg swings.
Zen 14 Okay, those were a hard 15 minutes of meditation. I got knocked out of it around 12 minutes in and struggled for the last 3.

I am also removing any programs that I started with less than 5 completed days from my active program list (Looks like the only survivors that I hadn't previously purged are Fireheart and Ironborn). I have enjoyed them, but I'm not actively doing them, so I'd feel better starting them over again when I am really ready for them. I still have <Totals>(21/30), Total Burn (12/30), Spellbound (22/30), Unbound (24/30), and Zen (15/30). I am adding in Epic Five (1/30) and Hard Reset (1/30) because I think I'm going to need to take at least a bit to get myself back in the groove to do the other programs. I need to rebuild a bit of what I lost from the toe injury and the weekish off. Removed Ironborn because I didn't really want to do that one yet, but hubby picked it and I need to help him work through building up to it. I am not planning on any more challenges right now. All right, I think that is it for now.

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Quick Warmup
Epic Five 2 Modified for knee pushups and for punches instead of bicep extensions
Hard Reset 2 lvl 1 Lower back and thighs revolted on the lunges on set 3. Slowly and carefully finished set 3. Determined that was as far as I should go today. Also, modified for reverse lunges.
Spellbound - Iron Strike [Charged]
Calves of Steel 13
Chest & Lower Back Workout

No Unbound or Zen due to lower back/thighs.

Syrius

Okay, a bit of a rough day. Long story short, made it here and did the workout. I think I'm going to add in a little cardio tomorrow. I wanted to add it today, but this evening got away from me a little bit.

Today's Wins:
Epic Five 4
Hard Reset Strength 4
Calves of Steel 15

Syrius

Last heat wave is almost over. I can't wait for it to finally start cooling down. :toohot:

Today's Wins:
Quick Warmup
Epic Five 6 Made it epic
Hard Reset Strength 6 lvl 3
Spellbound - Persuasion [Charged]
Calves of Steel 17
Unbound 25

Last edited:

Syrius

Low energy today, but still a good day.

Today's Wins: 7 Day Streak
Quick Warmup
Epic Five 7 Made it epic, modified for knee pushups and I did the shoulder taps from my knees as well.
Spellbound - Silent Step [Charged]
Spellbound - Dragon Armor [Charged] I honestly wasn't sure about those boat folds. They were easier than I expected.
Hard Reset Strength 7
Calves of Steel 18

I had planned on finally doing Super Strength, but I was not feeling all the plank work after Epic Five. Perhaps tomorrow? I'm not peeking ahead, so I'll just have to wait and see. :bounce:

Syrius

@TrainHardJason Thank you!

Today's Wins:
100 hops earlier for the Haunted Hive
Man Down Workout
Calves of Steel 20
50 jump squats for the Haunted Hive :crawl:

I wasn't really in the right mindspace for working out today, but I really wanted to keep the streak going. I had another night where the sleep just eluded me until 0200. I really need to start paying attention to other factors on those evenings to see if there is a connection. Had online DnD with friends today. It was a really good session content wise, but I wish my friends would stop messing with their microphone input levels. The constant rebalancing and occasional too loud moments sent me into headache land. (Which did not help my workout chances.) But I made it, I did something, and I think that is a win.

Syrius

Hi Bees

Just wanted to say thank you to the Super Bees who put together the guides. I found this one about the estrogen cycle very informative and relevant to how I am currently feeling. Though, I did go down a spiral of wondering how birth control further affects the cycle and I did briefly get a little disheartened. However, I truly appreciate that the time and effort put into finding the information and sharing it with us and the recommended exercises at the conclusion of the guide. :hero:

And so, I am here, with low motivation, trying to workout anyway.

Today's Wins:
50 side kicks earlier for the Haunted Hive (snuck them in at work and while wearing my steel toed work boots)
Hip & Glutes Stretch Not sure I did this right. I interpreted it as: stretch 1: 30 seconds left, 30 seconds right; stretch 2: 60 seconds total... etc. The timer does only minute increments and instructs you to change sides at the end of 6 minutes. Not sure if that was just a wrong timer, or what, but I am glad I did it the way I did it. Because, yeah. I'm done. I've got cramps that I didn't know about.:teary:

Bye ya'll. I'll see you tomorrow.

Syrius

Today's Wins:
30 minutes of Beat Saber The ADHD won. I wanted cardio.

--

Sigh, I didn't drink enough yesterday and I am working on trying to get enough today. Based on tracking from the last few months, I think I am missing, or misinterpreting, my thirst cues. Something that I'll need to research tricks to help myself with doing better.

Also, I am considering a nutritionist, but I am not sure where to start. I thought I would start by asking my PCP, but when I went to try to schedule an appointment online, his next available appointment was in late January. I think I might call and see if I can just see someone, since last appointment was only my first time with this PCP any way. (I go to a place where the physicians are doing their resident hours, so yeah, I get a new PCP every couple of years.) I am very frustrated and I want to get help because I have been doing the workout thing and the trying to eat better thing, but I am clearly missing something. I am just not loosing the weight and I am really starting to feel it wearing on me. I knew that with working out, I would probably see some gains in weight because muscle. Tonight, I am feeling discouraged. I know that I am making gains from working out, I can see and feel them. I am stronger and have better endurance in my tasks. And that's great!

I don't know if I want to start recording what I eat again. I know that it isn't just the quantity of the calories, but the quality and I can't quite visualize what my goal point is and I don't want to practically starve myself like I did when I was doing the stupid Isagenix diet. (Yes, it worked. I refused to do cleanse days because of low blood sugar reasons, but it worked.) And I truly despise meal replacement shakes, they make me want to be sick when I drink them and I am hungry again 2 hours later. And all that logging is tedious.

I guess I'm also feeling a little lost tonight. And whiney. But I am here. And that is good.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Mamatigerj & @Anek Thank you. :hug:

Today's Wins:
Calves of Steel 21
Hard Reset Strength 9
Food rating: acceptable, but room for improvement. Need to get back to cooking my own breakfast.
Water: 48 oz - still drinking, but behind. Did good in the morning then just lost track in the afternoon.
Steps: 7,500+ good level of activity, despite being stuck supervising today.

That's it for today. My energy levels are still low.

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Quick Warmup
Spellbound - Super Strength [Charged] modified for knee pushups and knee shoulder taps, which I accidentally doubled
Spellbound 23 - [Cast Healing Spell III] [Cast Super Strength]
Spellbound 24 - [Cast Dome]
Spellbound - Deep Frost [Charged] modified for knee pushups, knee shoulder taps, and replaced bicep extensions with doubled up punches
Spellbound 25
Spellbound 26 - [Cast Persuasion - Pass] [Cast Tracking]
Spellbound 27 - [Cast Silent Step - Pass]
Hard Reset Strength 10 lvl 2 lower back started talking, took that last set slow
Calves of Steel 22
Food rating: acceptable, unintentionally fasted for 10 hours today.
Water: 80 oz - water goal met, but I should probably have some extra water and/or an electrolyte drink
Steps: currently 14,000+ I cleaned almost the whole house today before working out. Still doing laundry, so I'll get some more good steps in over the evening.

Overall, felt much better today. I did have a small, persistent headache today, but it didn't seem to trouble me too much in the long run.

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Calves of Steel 23
Easy Arms 1
Hard Reset Strength 11
Unbound 26
Food rating: cheat day lite - no actual cooking took place, but we made smart decisions in our brunch and dinner selections. Food has been obtained for meal prep
Water: 32 oz - behind the curve, still drinking
Steps: currently 5,500+ Had a light day today, planning on a walk tomorrow.

Feeling a bit tired today, which makes sense after stretching. Didn't really feel like doing Healing Spell I, mostly because I don't like the downward dog/upward dog moves - my lower back is always angry by the end of that spell. I'm planning on getting back on Epic Five tomorrow as well, but we'll have to see how that ADHD impulse control works out for me tomorrow. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Hard Rest Strength 12
Easy Arms 2
Spellbound - Morale Boost [Charged]
Calves of Steel 24
Spellbound - Cursebreaker [Charged]
Spellbound - Healing Level 1 [Charged] I really don't like that downward dog/upward dog progression.
Spellbound 28
Spellbound 29 - [Cast Armor Level II] [Cast Armor Level III] [Cast Deep Frost - Pass] [Cast Healing Spell Level I] [Cast Morale Boost]
Spellbound 30 - [Cast Dragon Armor] [Cast Time Stop] [Cast Wind Blast] [Cast Peacemaker]
Spellbound 31 - [Cast Cursebreaker]

Spellbound - :completed:
Food rating: acceptable - not great, but I did the veggie prep for dinner when I was doing the meal prep, so we have no excuses for being bad tonight. I felt kinda sneaky. :sneaky:
Water: 16 oz of water, some tea and fuzzy water. Still drinking good fluids.
Steps: currently 7,000+ No walk today, much walking planned for tomorrow at work.

Yup, so no Epic Five today, but I finished Spellbound :muahaha:. Overall, really enjoyed it. Felt a little weird there at the end just claiming a whole bunch of pages because I had stored a bunch up while not doing Super Strength. I really like the RPG ones.

Syrius

@Fremen & @Anek Thank you!! :flowers: I am super proud of finishing it. I think that was my third attempt at that program. At least one of those times I had gotten stuck at Super Strength because I told myself that I couldn't do it. I am happy to have finally proven myself wrong (even though I did modify it to complete it)

Today's Wins:
Easy Arms 3
Calves of Steel 25
Food rating: Very good!! I stuck to the plan, except for the added pasta at dinner (which I am not at all complaining about :eatall:)
Water: 76 oz - passed the goal on my water tracking app. When I ran out in my small bottle today, I made sure to refill it farily quickly.
Steps: currently 12,500+ Yup, as preplanned, there was a lot of walking at work today, plus a side quest to the store on the way home (where the pasta was obtained.)

Keeping it small tonight. It has been a busy day and I am glad to still be here, doing something, even if it is small. I am also trying to figure out my game plan. I want another RPG program, but I have programs that I need to finish. Probably going to pick one anyway and just sprinkle in the unfinished ones as I go. I know my own impulsivity.

Syrius

:pumpkin: Happy Halloween!!! :bat:

Today's Wins:
Carbon & Dust 1 Enjoying the story so far
Calves of Steel 26 Extra hard after heels all day for my costume
Easy Arms 4
Food rating: Not good. We had a pizza party at work for lunch, which is fine. I knew about it and planned for it. But then we had pizza again for dinner. But at least M realized that was a terrible idea - after it gave him an upset stomach. So, I don't think that experiment will be repeated.
Water: 24 oz - I'm behind and I know it. I'll do better tomorrow.
Steps: currently 9,900+, so I'm feeling good about that.

Kept it easy tonight - I was working out in between the doorbell rings. Also, looking forward to hitting the hay early, I could really use a good night of rest.

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Quick Warmup
Epic Five 9 made it epic - side planks are gross.
Total Burn 14 lvl 3 modified bicep extensions to doubled up punches :jacks:
Hard Reset Strength 13 lvl 3
Easy Arms 5
Calves of Steel 27
Food rating: better on the fruits and veggies today.
Water: 24 oz - don't worry, drinking more. I will be better tomorrow, I promise. Just fell down a lot of rabbit holes. Still need to research tricks.
Steps: currently 6,800+ like I said, rabbit holes. There will a lot more steps, pretty much doing the same thing at work as Monday. The day should go fairly smoothly.

Argued with a customer since lunch. I caught him doing something he shouldn't, called him on it, then got overruled by my boss' boss when I told him he couldn't do it. On a somewhat unrelated note, I get to have a meeting with him tomorrow morning. What a great way to start the work day. :onfire: It honestly has me on edge a little, because I'm going to have to tell him no again tomorrow. I just hope my boss' boss doesn't utter the words "We'll make it work." I am getting really tired of "making it work" at the expense of my sanity. sigh, I'll get through it. It's just not going to be a good morning for me.

Syrius

Today's Wins:
Epic Five 10 made it epic :teary:
Epic Five 11 made it epic :tired:
Easy Arms 6
Calves of Steel 28
Food rating: I did good today. Probably going to munch on a few more veggies, since I am still hungry after dinner.
Water: 72 oz + half a gatorade
Steps: currently 11,200+

Day was not as bad as I thought it would be. Still argued with the customer, but not as much as I thought I needed to. I am very glad it is now my weekend. :yas: