Secret Santa Workout Gift Exchange

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Yay! Mixing in the other gifts really made it tricky, but you were right, the style and the wording seemed like yours. The crow pose was also suspicious, along with how you made sure there was an optional substitution for the run. Knowing that your running schedule is often determined by how merciful the Canadian winter decides to be, it made sense that you would pay attention to weather being a possible obstacle. :ss:

I loved both the story and the workout, so thank you very much! :heart:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Okay. I'm going to say: all the Santas have 24 hours left in which to post some kind of hint about the gift they gave in their own check-in thread. (Many of you guys have already done so. You are awesome and don't need to do anything now. But those of you who have thus far remained completely invisible: you know who you are! Please give your giftee a fighting chance.) By this time tomorrow night, if you've not been outed yet, and I cannot find any hints in your check-in thread, I'm going to start dropping hints here. One hint per still-secret Santa a day for 3 days. After the 3rd day of hints drops, I'll declare a free-for-all, meaning everyone can try to make a stab at guessing who all the still-hidden Santas are. If after 48 hours of the free-for-all any Santas are still a secret, hmm... do you want me to out everybody? Or do Santas who make it that far incognito get to remain a mystery forever? Vote here!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Yay! Mixing in the other gifts really made it tricky, but you were right, the style and the wording seemed like yours. The crow pose was also suspicious, along with how you made sure there was an optional substitution for the run. Knowing that your running schedule is often determined by how merciful the Canadian winter decides to be, it made sense that you would pay attention to weather being a possible obstacle. :ss:

I loved both the story and the workout, so thank you very much! :heart:
You are very welcome @Mianevem . I'm glad you liked it!

I did wonder if including crow pose would maybe give me away. But it fit so perfectly with the story. And then quite a few of the gifts ended up having yoga poses in them!
Running was a given for you. I had to include that. I did not consider that might be what gave me away until all the gifts had been turned in, and then I thought: Uh-oh! What if Mianevem and I are the only Santas who do any running this month?
But I didn't try to disguise my writing voice. I was fairly confident you'd be able to identify me from that in any case.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
A summary of Santas who have already been outed (to narrow down your list some, for those of you still trying to guess):

@Quarkmage was correctly guessed by @Nevetharine to be her Secret Santa

@legolo was correctly guessed by me to be my Secret Santa

@Saffity was correctly guessed by @Syrius to be her Secret Santa

@neilarey was correctly guessed by @Sólveig to be her Secret Santa

@Laura Rainbow Dragon was correctly guessed by @Mianevem to be her Secret Santa

@OJJJEM was correctly guessed by @Maegaranthelas to be their Secret Santa

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Santas who are still a secret:

@Nevetharine
@graoumia
@princess_sarena
@Sólveig
@Mianevem
@Syrius
@Anek
@Proister
@heeropotter
@Maegaranthelas
@f1shtacular
@Gandhalfit
@valle0302

Most of these Santas have left clues in their check-in threads, but a few have been quiet. So here are some clues for the following giftees:

@legolo : a royal Diana
@graoumia : se réveiller
@Proister : your Santa is on the run
@heeropotter : your Santa may be a hard taskmaster, but he's not punchy
@valle0302 : most of us would be hard pushed to match your Santa's daily routine

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Amazing. Without @Laura Rainbow Dragon 's clue, i wouldn't have figure out it was you @Gandhalfit . Thanks again, it was really fun, and a bit hard with all the planks, but it means i need it, right ? It was a lovely gift :love:
I did kind of drop a hint in my thread but I guess it wasn't good enough
I'm glad you liked it

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I give up. I'm sorry

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Final day to guess your own Santa before the free-for-all.

Summary of Santas who have already been outed:

@Quarkmage was correctly guessed by @Nevetharine to be her Secret Santa
@legolo was correctly guessed by me to be my Secret Santa
@Saffity was correctly guessed by @Syrius to be her Secret Santa
@neilarey was correctly guessed by @Sólveig to be her Secret Santa
@Laura Rainbow Dragon was correctly guessed by @Mianevem to be her Secret Santa
@OJJJEM was correctly guessed by @Maegaranthelas to be their Secret Santa
@Sólveig was correctly guessed by @neilarey to be her Secret Santa
@Gandhalfit was correctly guessed by @graoumia to be her Secret Santa

So the Santas still in hiding are:

@Nevetharine
@graoumia
@princess_sarena
@Mianevem
@Syrius
@Anek
@Proister
@heeropotter
@Maegaranthelas
@f1shtacular
@valle0302

Some more clues:

@legolo : heroes and heroines
@Proister : bump, block, spike, serve
@heeropotter : look for a bird experiencing its summer season this time of year
@valle0302 : a total nighthawk

Also: not going to say who this one is for, but the Viking Elf didn't know who the Santas in my group got assigned to, and I didn't know who the Santas in her group got assigned to. So there was potential for reciprocity to have occurred more than once. Don't discount this possibility in your search.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@Sólveig

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Okay. I think I promised another set of clues. But I want to get my outdoor stuff done early today before the wind picks up. And I think there are enough clues out there now, in any case. So I am declaring the free-for-all! Anyone who wants to take a stab at guessing any of the remaining still-secret Santas may now do so! @Syrius how's your spreadsheet coming? ;)

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
@Gandhalfit i was just leaving another clue, no need as you found me, well done, happy you finally didn't give up the search.
I suspected it was you for a while but I said to myself "they wouldn't pair a couple of Santas to each other ". I guess I was wrong.

I love that workout btw. I don't always write it in my thread but I do it almost every night.

graoumia

None from France
"Doing Fighter codex / Epic Five"
I suspected it was you for a while but I said to myself "they wouldn't pair a couple of Santas to each other ". I guess I was wrong.

I love that workout btw. I don't always write it in my thread but I do it almost every night.
I was thinking like this too, @Laura Rainbow Dragon 's clue helped me to find you, and i read after that that we were not alone in this situation. Really happy to hear that you like your workout, i was annoyed it was maybe not as fun as others, like your gift was. Thanks again, and thanks to Laura who help me to correct it with her yoga skills.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
I was thinking like this too, @Laura Rainbow Dragon 's clue helped me to find you, and i read after that that we were not alone in this situation. Really happy to hear that you like your workout, i was annoyed it was maybe not as fun as others, like your gift was. Thanks again, and thanks to Laura who help me to correct it with her yoga skills.
It is exactly what I need 😍

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
Okay. I think I promised another set of clues. But I want to get my outdoor stuff done early today before the wind picks up. And I think there are enough clues out there now, in any case. So I am declaring the free-for-all! Anyone who wants to take a stab at guessing any of the remaining still-secret Santas may now do so! @Syrius how's your spreadsheet coming? ;)
It's full of guesses! :chuckle: