To be honest

mavie

from germany
Pronouns: she/her

It's about time to start a new thread. I was thinking about a fitting title for the past few days and today i found this song among my favorites from the past year and yes, this is it now.

Like for many people 2023 was a challenging year for me too. It had high amplitudes, meaning it was great on many levels and it was very difficult and challenging on others but there was some relaxed middle-ground, too. A lot was going on and i end the year recovering from what i believe was a serious flu. I fell off the darebee-waggon on several occasions and almost gave up on it completely.
I did do sports though, played volleyball on an almost regular basis, started to go swimming again, walked a lot, lifted some weights occasionally, did the 50 incline-push-ups every morning, did some yoga, stuff like that.

As i have not reached my fitness goals i keep them dragging on to the new year. I still want to be able to do proper push-ups, i still want to run and i want to establish a regular fitness routine again. I hope my knee is recovered so far that i can do all exercises again. For the last couple of weeks it was basically not stressed at all but i need to find out if the therapy still holds once it's tested.

So, about plans:
I am going to join YWA's January playlist Flow, i intend to do darebee's january challenge and the new program and i guess i cross off the 50 push-ups a day challenge once more, just to be safe to keep the routine again.

Today i went onto the yoga mat first time in a long while again and i have no idea why it is so difficult to get there sometimes when i know i do feel better afterwards every single time.

Anyway, it will be a challenge to fit everything in because there are a lot of plans for january already but it's also about time to stop finding excuses. So, let's see what 2024 has to offer…

Good luck, bees! I hope you join my journey again.

:hi:

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Sorry to hear about work dragging you down, totally get that, but I hope 2024 brings you a great year in the all and all!

I Declare Lizard GIF

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
@mavie I am not so much a lover of winter because where I live it is mostly dirty and slushy and cold, and icy and dangerous, and did I mention cold? and there are a couple of idiots in my subdivision who drive their snowmobiles on the sidewalks even though this is illegal, and on some streets the snow ploughs plough the road snow onto the sidewalks so there are no sidewalks there in the winter, and I have more than once been sprayed with salty, dirty, icy road slush by vehicles who neglected to slow down before driving through slush puddles next to a pedestrian, and also: it's windy and it's COLD. But even I cannot help feeling that middle photograph is gorgeous!

Last edited:

mavie

from germany
Pronouns: she/her