To Forge an Ironmaiden...

Nevetharine

Commando from Prometheus Cloud Galaxy
Pronouns: She/her
Getting to the update a bit late. I've written a new piece to my novel! Seems like the more I reread it the more I want to add.

Feeling the sniffles, hope I don't come down with a cold...

Did lots of walking today - about 1.5hrs worth, and a 36min core yoga practice.

Time spent fasting (for reals, with no milk) 16hrs 1min.

Breakfast - Nope. Just water. And black coffee. Hello darkness my old friend!

Lunch - Futurelife shake, leftovers, some chips, an energy drink. (Sigh, luckily I don't go to town often.) Half a microwaved brownie.

Dinner - Baked sweet potato. Left over savoury ground beef. I'll skip the rice.

Nevetharine

***Peeks into room and snickers***

So yes, I have officially come down with the sniffles. My sinuses kept me awake last night, reaching amongst the stars for breath. He was contagious. He really was, contagious. (I'm talking about my hubby of course)

Melodramatic intro aside, a part of Chapter 2 has been uploaded.

Plans for today include doing a detoxing yoga class later.

Here's the food:

Breakfast - Coffee, Futurelife Cereal

Lunch - I'm considering a smoothie but might go with a couple of hard boiled eggs and some peas.

Dinner - Baked chicken, which I have to finish before the power goes out, and more peas. I'm skipping the potatoes and rice.

Nevetharine

Mornin' !

Hubby brought home Flu mix yesterday, which is just a mixture of 4 tablets which you take 2-3 times a day.

He made me take some last night, which knocked me out. I felt a bit like Rain...

I ended up with a grand total of ten tablets, almost a meal on it's own - Rain, The Leap

I'm not one for pills, blah. But I have to admit they did help my sinuses a little. Actually, I'm not sure if it was the drugs that helped, or just the deep sleep they put me in - I'm keen to think it was the latter.

Anyhoo. I need to get some habits in order, we'll see if I actually complete them. I really need a lot more mindfulness in my life! My head is always in the clouds.

Habits -

• 45min daily meditation - ✓
  • Daily yoga - ✓
  • 4 Glasses Water Before Coffee - ✓
Of course I would tick them all - it's day 1 :bigsmile:

Exercise -
Hip opening yoga sounds nice... I'll take 30 minutes of that.

Food -

Breakfast - Coffee x2 (back to old habits I see.)

Lunch - leftovers, 1/2 baked chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato, 3 tablespoons peas. I left half of my food last night.

Dinner - Pan fried baked beans and corned beef with onions and spicy vegetable sauce. 1 cup's worth. Maybe another coffee.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
As I was exiting the shopping center earlier, I brushed past a random stranger who commented "Wow, walking so fast?"

I've had people comment on my walking speed too, which I find bizarre.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Were we meant to be on a leisurely romantic stroll together? I don't remember agreeing to that."

I don't call the slowpokes out for dragging their heels like tortoises. And I don't smash into them when I walk past them. (I give people as wide a berth as possible, in fact. A lot of people these days walk around with ear buds in and are unaware of what's coming up behind them.) So what business of theirs is my walking speed?

Nevetharine

***Waves while eating virtual chocolate iced cookies with a latte*** :gotcookie:

Hi!

Yesterday was a great big failure as I had a great big binge last night!

I doubt I went over maintenance though.

Because there's only so much stuff I can actually binge on in the house...

And I know variety is the spice of life but I find that eating the same stuff over and over actually keeps me in line much better. If there's one thing I can count on it's my lack of ability to change a habit...

Anyhoo, back to it today. I'll type everything out and update the habits by the end of the day.

Fasting until 10AM this morning. That would bring my total fasting time up to 15hrs.

Breakfast (10:00AM - I don't want to set anything in stone because I usually fail when I do that but I'm going to see if I can drag it out longer than that...)
-- Futurelife smoothie with Lentils, quinoa and beans. 2 boiled eggs.

4:00PM - 1 sliced apple, block of dark chocolate. Rooibos tea, telling myself it's for the antioxidants.

Dinner (7:00PM) - 1 fried egg, 1 cup macaroni with spicy vegetable sauce. 1 Coffee.

Planning on doing a 45min Ashtanga Inspired Yoga practice this afternoon, and lots of walking. (I always do the walking.)

Nevetharine

The Ashtanga Inspired Yoga will NOT be happening.

Instead I will do 30min Yin yoga for digestive health.

Because apparently for the past two days, if I eat more than a cup of food in a sitting, I not only feel like taking a nap for an hour afterwards, but my digestive system is heavily protesting now.

That Ibuprofen better start working now because I'm not skipping my afternoon walk too...

Habits completed so far:

Water before coffee ✓
Meditation for 45min, completed 30min, will complete the other 15 right after yoga ✓
Daily yoga ✓

Nevetharine

:move:

Hi!

So, did really well on the workout front today, spent as much time working out as I used to spend in the gym. I wasn't fueled by 160mg of caffeine or anything...

I've decided I'm also bringing back the token system I had long ago, since that's what I'm doing to earn my way to a cup of coffee. Yay! More habits! I'm nothing if not tenacious...

Workouts:

3 sets of the workout of the day, Sparticus.
Epic Gains workout
15 minute Hip opening Yoga cooldown.

Habits:

• Water before coffee :v: (I guess I'm not having any coffee again today, seeing as I've already passed my caffeine quota)
  • Meditation 40min (Completed 5min, will do another 20 later today, don't think I'll complete it all since hubby is home) :x:
  • Daily yoga :v:

Token System:

• 5 glasses of water earns 1 cup of coffee.
  • Having oatmeal for lunch 5 times, and doing 3 dumbbell workouts earns one PBJ.
  • 6 Calisthenics workouts earns 1 treat.

Food for today:

Breakfast - Coffee, Energy drink

Lunch - Overnight oatmeal, with apples, cinnamon, maca, lentils, quinoa, Futurelife and also plan on adding seed mix. Ginger Kombucha!

Snack - Cake pop. Small bowl of doritos.

Dinner - Uhm. Yeah. I guess sausage, baked sweet potato, and peas?

Nevetharine

Okay so dinner is changing.

We are having Macaroni with bacon, peas and cheese sauce.

And since I'm updating -

I'm currently at -6.5/5 glasses of water before the next cup of coffee. Yes I'm in a minus.

Completed 30/40min meditation so far. So I will actually be able to complete this one...

Added 20min walking to exercise
Might also do more yoga later.

I love these! There is only one shop in this entire measly town that sells it...

I changed my mind I think I'm having the Moringa Kombucha first. I'll save the ginger one for... Who knows when.
resized-png.59

Nevetharine

Hi everyone!

So I won't be updating so frequently anymore, I have to kind of mind my data usage this month (sadly). I'll update once a week every Thursday when I upload a part of my novel. And then I'll go over everyone's messages and so on.

For the rest of this weekend it's just going to be walking and yoga!

And probably going to have roast chicken for dinner tonight. Overnight Oatmeal for lunch.

See you all Thursday, have a fantastic week! :vibes: :gotcookie:

Nevetharine

Hi everyone,

Been a rough week. Won't get into the details...but I haven't been getting good sleep for the past 3 days. So eating hasn't been stellar either...sugar and spice and....sugar.

And my brother is coming to visit this weekend! Please hide me.

Water drinking has been...eh okay.

Still doing daily yoga even if it's just a couple of stretches.

Still doing daily meditation, but not always the full 40min.

Here's the food for today!

Oh, and there are new chapters up at The Leap.

Food:

Breakfast - Coffee. Green smoothie > Spinach, kefir, pear, banana, spirulina, green tea, peppermint tea. Lemon juice.

Lunch - Smoothie - Futurelife vanilla, banana, maca powder, lentils and quinoa, pecan nuts.

Dinner - Baked Sausage, peas, rice, baked potato.

Physical activity:

Walking for 50 minutes. 40 minute grounding yoga class later.