Further up and further in!

brandonjohnson

Knight from Pensacola, FL
"Further up and further in!"
@Mamatigerj @HellYeah @Tileenah @Montserrat @Mianevem @BetaCorvi @mavie thanks for those good vibes! We are all back at 100% now.

30 Days of LIIT Day 1 Level 2
Arms of Steel Chair Edition Day 1 Level 2

I also got back out with my dog for a morning walk. It's starting to be in the 60s in the morning, which is glorious weather, and it's just good to be back moving & walking again. I've taken far too much time off from that, but needed it to recover & help everybody else recover too. Just easing back into some workouts with the new LIIT program, hopefully I'll be able to do get stronger quickly & get back to a more normal pace soon.

Further up and further in!

Last edited:

brandonjohnson

Only 8 more miles in September, for a yearly total of 236 miles overall. Continued COVID in the early part of the month, another bout of a regular cold for all, and general fatigue. But we're all three healthy again, and the weather continues to cool off, so here's to a better month!

brandonjohnson

Added 28 more miles in October, for a yearly total of 264 miles overall. All this with a bad stomach virus last month & bad sinus infection this week, still busy with a YouTube channel but struggling to get it off the ground, and found out that my department is being eliminated in 8 months. Stressful month for sure, but glad I was able to get out moving in some way. No idea when I'll ever get back to working out for real, I miss it for my own physical & mental health but I know that my family needs more of my time than ever before. Further up and further in...

Last edited:

brandonjohnson

Only 6.5 miles in November. Still sick, plus the dog had a minor eye injury that kept us from walking for a few weeks. Grand total of 270.5 miles for the year, likely won't break 300 miles in 2023 but really hoping to get back to walking or jogging in the new year. Want to lose some weight and be truly purposeful about it, I'm between 215-220 and want to get below 200 by my birthday in late June.

brandonjohnson

8 Weeks to 5K Day 14

February was much better, 34.5 miles walked / run for a total of 53 miles so far this year. I really enjoy morning runs now, plus I have a built-in extended cooldown walking my dog afterwards. I know I'm a couple days early for a monthly summary, but I'll be out of town the rest of this week (and the next two weeks after that), which should mean plenty of airport & conference center miles to add!

brandonjohnson

What's the Buffdudes Bodyweight program like? I've seen a few of their videos, but didn't know they were into writing programs.
@GentleOx It's really good - they actually have several plans for lots of different types of exercise. They have several for home/gym that include barbells and gym machines, dumbbells only, bodyweight only, and resistance bands - plus structured meal plans & recipes.

I've done the bodyweight & dumbbell plans, both are structured to ease you into the work. They start with full-body workouts, go into a lower-upper split, then a muscle group split (legs, chest, back, etc.).

Highly recommend!