Onwards and, well, onwards!

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
January 16
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Power Punch, Wall Push-ups, Core Control, Power Squats day 16
Made it to the shops and back today, and it was long enough to count for Walking day 8
Added yoga for pcos because it says it should help to relieve pent-up tension in the body and I tend to have that :p

Still quite meh! But I got a lot of knitting done and read another chapter in Bullshit Jobs. Almost done!
And I think my shoulder has finally remembered how to lift my arm up, so I have less pain :move:

Maegaranthelas

January 17
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Power Punch, Wall Push-ups, Core Control, Power Squats day 17
No walking today, it's still cold and I am still tired.
Also no yoga workout, but I did some miscellaneous mild stretches throughout the day.
And then spent about four hours playing Valheim with friends, no regrets xD

I finished Bullshit Jobs! Go me!
I want to try a book that has been languishing on my shelves for a few years, but I have a back-up fiction book in mind if I can't manage a lot of it.

Maegaranthelas

January 18
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Power Punch, Wall Push-ups, Core Control, Power Squats day 18
Not gonna pretend that I actually completed Arms of Steel properly though. I can't hold my arms up for 2 minutes in any direction and clench/unclench really hurts my hands.
Not a good workout for my loose joints xD

Maegaranthelas

January 20
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 19
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 20
And unexpected Walking day 10, as my partner caught a mouse so we took a midnight stroll to release it in a park xD

That was an energetic day!
I did not expect to catch up with everything at once, but I did it!
My shoulder hurts but otherwise it went alright, took a nice looooong break in between many of the workouts.

Maegaranthelas

Thank you lovelies, luckily I managed to massage some of the tension loose, so I was able to move it reasonably well today :move:
I think I managed to have my shoulder slightly out while doing the push-ups on Sunday, and the resulting muscle tension kept it out afterwards. Today it felt wrong at first but then my body suddenly found the right angle for my arms to be in. As per usual, reps are a fair lot easier when your joints are actually in the right place xD

January 22
Arms of Steel CE, Power Punch, Wall Push-ups day 21
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 22

no time for walkies today, but the weather is not going to be above freezing for a bit, so hopefully in the coming days I can get out and about a bit more =D

Also, I didn't realise folk music was so good for exercising, but the rhythm here just carried me through all those punches =D

Maegaranthelas

January 23
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 23

have you ever read a book that's so depressing it congratulates you half way through for getting through such a depressing section of book?
Thank you, David Wallace-Wells for being aware of what you're doing to the reader and calling us brave for making it through xD

I'm two-thirds in. But the rest will have to wait till tomorrow, because I am not reading this before bed. It already gave me one Tsunami-dream :')

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
have you ever read a book that's so depressing it congratulates you half way through for getting through such a depressing section of book?
Thank you, David Wallace-Wells for being aware of what you're doing to the reader and calling us brave for making it through xD

I'm two-thirds in. But the rest will have to wait till tomorrow, because I am not reading this before bed. It already gave me one Tsunami-dream :')

OMG is that for real? Definitely have not...wow!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Maegaranthelas

The Uninhabitable Earth?
DingDingDing, we have a winner! Yep, it's The Uninhabitable Earth!
I follow a podcast called "No Books on a Dead Planet" and the tagline is "we read climate books so you don't have to".
But I read all the ones for season one, so I wanted to do that for season two as well.
Except they started with this book and by now I am 6 episodes behind and I decided I really needed to be brave and get through it.
"If you have made it this far, you are a brave reader. Any one of these twelve chapters contains,
by rights, enough horror to induce a panic attack in even the most optimistic of those considering it"

He's not wrong :p

Not quite done yet, tomorrow it is!

January 24
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 24
Walking day 11 =D

Maegaranthelas

I finished the book! And then started listening to the podcast episode.
Despite my grumbling, I am very happy I read it. As podcast-guest Corry says, it's not like I could really feel that much more sad/depressed about climate change, and avoiding the information certainly doesn't make me feel better either. So I guess it's strangely empowering, in that feeling back-ground angry about it is more energising than feeling background-depressed. Also it feels like a major achievement to have put aside my discomfort and actually read a book that intimidated me. :yas:

I then re-read "A Psalm for the Wild-Built", which is the first of the Monk and Robot books by Becky Chambers.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. It gives me many feels, but in a good way. :lovely:

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Ohhh, you meant depressing in the sense that the topic is depressing, I thought the writing was bad. Then it is something I might actaully read!

Maegaranthelas

Ohhh, you meant depressing in the sense that the topic is depressing, I thought the writing was bad. Then it is something I might actaully read!
Oh, no the writing is actually very good! It is very readable and sometimes even quite sassy. It's just the topic that is very heavy.
And yes, as difficult as it is to recommend a book like this, I do actually think it is very much worth reading. So if you do read it and want to process some feelings about it, feel free to message me!

Maegaranthelas

January 25
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 25

Plus another 70 or so squats during the stream. Some of them just because I was waiting to respawn and got bored xD

Got a bunch of reading done, and then treated myself by making tomato bread again =D
Tomorrow-me will have oodles of tomato bread/toast :eatall:

Maegaranthelas

It really is @Mamatigerj and @CODawn :hooray:
Sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and some chili powder. Absolute yum.
I want try out some more stuffed bread recipes, but this one is just too good :')

Friends of mine (TNTnerds) stream on Twitch twice a week @Deadoks and viewers can make them do squats. I usually join in the squatting as a viewer, but sometimes I join as a player. Last night I jumped in on Dota2 :)

Maegaranthelas

Of course @Laura Rainbow Dragon :heartsit:
I use a bread machine so I can't tell you anything about the actual preparation of the bread (my joints say no to kneading), but here are my ingredients:
100gr wholemeal wheat flour
400gr fine wheat flour
8gr salt
8gr sugar
30gr grated parmesan
0,5 teaspoon of chili (but of course if you like heat you could add more! Or even experiment with various chili pastes. I think Sambal Manis bread would be epic.)
40 gr chopped sundried tomatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil (could be replaced by a different oil or butter, but maybe not plant-butter because that stuff sticks to everything when baking)
115ml milk
190 ml water
1 teaspoon of dried yeast.

I use sun-dried tomatoes in oil that come in a jar,
50gr scooped out roughly ends up being 40gr tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of oil.
Since I use a machine, I squish the excess oil out of the tomatoes with a fork, add the oil to the mixture in the bowl before turning it on, and add the finely chopped tomatoes after an hour when the dough has been formed to a ball and my machine beeps at me to DO SOMETHING.

Bread recipes can of course be tinkered with a lot, but this is what I've been using (more or less) and it's delish ^^

Also I wish everybody could just walk to the local mill on Saturday and buy some freshly ground flour... it's a joy and I am spoiled xD

Maegaranthelas

January 26
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 26
Walking day 12, a nice hour and a bit in nature with my folks. And then a beer at the inn, sitting by the fire. That's a good day!
(and yes I gifted them a few slices of tomato bread :p)

Maegaranthelas

January 27
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 27
Walking day 13, to the farm for some fresh milk! I use oatmilk in a lot of things, but sometimes I still go for genuine moo-juice.
Moo is cheaper, but if I am going to have the genuine article I prefer it like this; from a local farm in my own glass bottles.
I am so lucky with the fresh food offerings nearby. Now if only that veggie farm store were closer :')
But hey, in summer I might be able to take the e-bike out and come back with the bags full of delicious veggies ^^

Dinner was leek&potato soup with tomato bread toast. Dinner so good I also had it for a midnight snack after my workout xD

Maegaranthelas

January 28
30 Days of LIIT, Square One, Arms of Steel CE, Core Control, Power Punch, Power Squats, Wall Push-ups day 28

This was an early workout, I may well do more later, depending on how the day goes.
I am so close to the end of these programmes I am tempted to just plough through and finish them xD

But I did finish another book, Collapse Feminism by Alice Capelle, who's youtube channel I have been following for a while.

Maegaranthelas

I also got curious how many days I had been exercising, remembering that I started posting here on day 2.
100 Days is today :vibes:

And it is now 2:30 am here, but I have finished all my workouts!!!
30 Days of LIIT
Square One
Arms of Steel chair edition
Core Control
Power Punch
Power Squats
Wall Push-ups

all completed :move:

going to take it easy for a few days while I decide what to do next.
But first, time to activate those new badges :chuckle:

Maegaranthelas

:thanku:
@Mamatigerj
@CODawn
@Deadoks
@Fremen
@Anek
@Laura Rainbow Dragon
@Syrius
@MadamMeow
The hive is such a lovely place
:lovely:

Today I took it easy, and started looking at programmes and challenges to do next.
I started with some self-care ones, figured those should just start right away!
First Thing Water, Daily Hug, Zen day 1
And it was a stream night so there were 52 bonus squats ^^

Maegaranthelas

Forgot to update last night, I guess ZEN meditation worked too well xD

January 30
First Thing Water, Daily Hug, Zen day 2
Also did a little light stretching and some standing twists and side bends while waiting for dinner to cook.
A very light day for exercise, but I was also super tired so that's fine ^^

Maegaranthelas

January 31
First Thing Water, Daily Hug, Zen day 3

Knee Push-Ups day 1. I am very happy that I can do the sets of 5 now, although the last set wasn't to full depth. Ah well, if it takes me longer than a month to work up to the sets of 12 that's also okay! Doing the wall push-ups challenge on the stairs certainly improved things =D
60 Days of HIIT day 1. My body doesn't like cardio stuff very much, but since these sets are a minute long I think I might be able to do this programme and progress.
Foundation day 1. Nothing of particular note, pretty confident I can do this ^^
Zero Hero day 1 (level 3, in one go). This is going to be the 'if I feel like it' programme! I know with the RPG ones I can feel very motivated to do more, so I figured I might as well choose a workout that I can do more of if I feel great, or skip if it's a meh day, while keeping the main trio on track.

For some reason my brain is telling me this is not enough, but it's been cranky for days so I think it's fine :p
I'll take it as a good sign that my motivation to get stronger has not suddenly disappeared.

Oh, and I needed to update: Yesterday in the shower I managed to sing the entirety of You're The Voice.
I've never managed to do the chorus that often, in fact it turns out I've never even sung it twice in a row, because I had to pause and think very hard there xD
But that's some definite progress in my vocal stamina, and I am very happy.

Maegaranthelas

February 1
First Thing Water, Daily Hug, Zen day 4
Knee Push-Ups, 60 Days of HIIT, Foundation day 2
Walking day 14. I know this is not at all consecutive days, but I can't always go out every day even when if weather is good, I would be thrilled to finish it this month ^^
Zero Hero day 2 & 3. Up and Down Planks are very very difficult with my unstable shoulders, but I managed to struggle through three sets
:yas:

Maegaranthelas

I forgot to update yesterday, as I was so tired I went to bed very early (for me).
February 2
First Thing Water, Daily Hug day 4
Walking day 15

Also incredibly tired right now and I may have a very early night (not just for me, it's 20:15) if things don't pick up soon, so I'll update on what I've done so far:

February 3
First Thing Water, Daily Hug day 5
Walking day 16
Knee Push-Ups, 60 Days of HIIT, Foundation day 3
Knee Push-Ups day 4
Zero Hero day 4
This is getting messy really fast xD