Reset at Level One

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
@Baryl @Mamatigerj @Fremen @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Nevetharine @Anek Thank you!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (85 days)
:v:First Thing Journalling
:v:First Thing Water ==maintenance mode==
:v:Five Minute Plank 11 (1m 45s) :pose: Personal Best (lol, these will all be personal bests from here on.)
Knee Push-ups 6
Epic Glutes 3 + 1 extra set
CoS 14
Cardio Go! 1 I might have done an extra set
Epic Arms 15 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
AoSCE 4 lvl 3
Stopgap Workout lvl 3 + EC
Recovery 9
:v:Walkabout 9 (8,133/8,000)
Homework book: 5% Complete

Phew, okay, that felt good. I wasn't feeling up to jumping jacks (Total Burn) or Burpees (Epic FIve), so I picked up Cardio Go!. It looks like a fun program. :ss:

:handon: Hang in there Bees and have a good one!

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (86 days)
Recovery 10 lunch time
Recovery 11 lunch time
AoSCE 5 snuck in during the lecture
Secret Santa Gift for Anek Snuck in on the break before meeting up with my group to do the activity for tomorrow morning. Hey that was nice! I meditated 5 minutes without needing a guided program. I might be regretting this later when I do the squats for Epic Glutes.
I promise, my training isn't that boring, but my concentration was slipping in the afternoon.
Epic Five 21 Yup, that was as bad as I thought it would be, though not for the reasons I thought. Tight thighs.
Knee Push-ups 7
Cardio Go! 2
Epic Glutes 4 + 1 extra set :crawl:
:v:Five Minute Plank 12 (superman day!)
:x:Epic Arms 16
:x:CoS 15
:v:Walkabout 10 (9,531/8,500)
Homework book: 14% Complete

Okay, time to eat dinner. Then do the discussion board I have to do for homework.

Last edited:

Syrius

So, I had to go fix all the numbers for my check ins. Because on a hunch, I asked how many days since 14 October and it was 87. I was off by like 4 days or something. (I already fixed the numbers so I don't remember.) So hey, that's exciting!!

Today's Wins: (87 days)
:v:Epic Arms 16 during morning session 'cause of needing to pay attention
26 knees strikes at lunch so that I could gift some to Mianevem, 'cause birthday!
AoSCE 6 afternoon session, I am listening to a lecture on active listening... so much fun!

...homework is thought provoking, but tedious...
...fell down rabbit hole looking at meal plans...
Okay, back to business!

Zen 18 I tried for the whole 15 minutes. I started with a guided meditation, but couldn't get into it. Switched to rain sounds, which worked yesterday and still couldn't settle.
:x:Five Minute Plank 13 (2m) - 1m50s
Knee Push-ups 8
Quick Warmup Workout because better late than never
Total Burn 25 lvl 3 :tired: Jumping jacks kicked my butt today. Knee is starting to twinge bit.
Recovery 12
:x:Epic Glutes 5 + 1 extra set lower back says "no, please"
:x:CoS 15 Will update if done.
:x:Walkabout 11 (4,558/9,000)

Current Goal: Focus down on Total Burn & Epic Five to complete them.
List of active programs:
Epic Five (21/31)
Total Burn (25/30)
Hero's Journey (4/60) Stalled, but also I've already earned this one. I am considering dropping for now. There's too many programs I haven't done and I haven't really worked on it in the past month (I think it's been a month).
Zero Hero (12/30)
Cardio Go! (2/30) I enjoy this and I do like that it has been helping me out with Walkabout.
Zen (18/30) Been stalled, going to finish it out.
Arms of Steel Chair Edition (6/30) Too easy, but I'll finish it out.

Not going to start anything new until I clear at least three of these out. Not counting Recovery because I will finish that up in the morning and not counting Hero's since I am eliminating it for now.

Sigh, still over a month out until I have my appointment with my doctor. I really need to get back on M about eating more homecooked meals for dinner and get us back on track with meal prepping. Because, until I can get in to see my doctor (because I am suspecting my thyroid at this point), the missing link to losing weight has to be meals( and besides, we haven't recovered to pre holiday state yet). I know that overall, I am still making better meal choices now than I was a year ago, but I also know that we have to be better on less cheat nights. Also, a real struggle is keeping on track with meals on the weekend. I think that like with working out, I am going to just have to lead the change and he'll have to follow along. (Though that really isn't working for working out. He still hasn't put together the workout bench he had me get him last month. It's still in the box. I put it at the end of the hallway so that he sees it multiple times a day, to avoid the "out of sight, out of mind" mindset.) :facepalm:

Last edited:

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
Hell'o,
Wow what a nice log!
I hope you'll do well on all the challenge/program you do, this looks quite a lot.

Meal preps is one of the best things that changed my way to eat and helped me a lot.
Wish you all the best for your health.

Syrius

@Deadoks Thank you!

Today's Wins: (88 days)
:x:First Thing Journalling no, but I will do my prompt for the morning in a bit
:x:Five Minute Plank 13 (2m) 1m50s oh, so close!
Quick Warmup Workout
Recovery 15
Total Burn 26 lvl 3
Knee Push-ups 9
Epic Glutes 5 + 1 extra set
CoS 15
Epic Arms 17 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
Recovery 13
:v:Walkabout 11 (9,740/9,000)

I'll come back around for Recovery 14 and AoSCE later.

:bounce:Catch ya later Bees!

Last edited:

Syrius

Part 2:
AoSCE 7
Recovery 14 :completed:

+ baked bread for the work potluck that I'll miss out on. But M gets to go and he asked really nicely. I should have taken pictures, but they are nicely packed away for tomorrow already.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Nevetharine @Mamatigerj @BetaCorvi @Fremen @Anek Thank you!!

Recovery Review
Okay, this program was actually awesome. When I was feeling feeble from being sick, this was just enough to get me moving without overloading me. Got super easy once I felt better, but it was a great chance to do some breathing exercises and get a little movement when I seriously contemplated none. Will reuse in future.

Syrius

@MadamMeow Thank you!!

Today's Wins: (89 days)
:x:First Thing Journalling no, but I did do my prompt at lunch
:v:Five Minute Plank 13 (2m) YEAH!!!!! :jacks:
Quick Warmup Workout
...taped my knee...
Epic Five 22 Made it epic. I made three real pushups, then had to modify down for the rest. I replaced bicep extensions with punches. I've been procrastinating from doing this one because of the pushups.
Knee Push-ups 10
...retaped my knee because the basic KT tape sucks...
Total Burn 27 lvl 3 noticed I've been standing a bit too wide on squats.
AoSCE 8
Zero Hero 13 lvl 2 Plank punches didn't feel right, so I checked it out in the video library. :gheart: Okay, I was hugging the floor after the plank punches. Definitely focusing my core and arms today.
CoS 16 ==maintenance mode== should have had this here all along. Oh well, not feeling like fixing it.
Epic Arms 18
Epic Glutes 6 + 1 extra set
:v:Walkabout 12 (8,011/5,000)

... When you re-learn that you do 10-counts wrong... Yup, that was me today while looking through programs. Though, I guess I get more out of it by doing my 4 counts (1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2,...). Oh well, guess I'll keep being stubborn and re-forget that I do them wrong.

I've been looking at programs to decide what I want to do next, once I clear out Epic Five, Total Burn, and then one more. I'm torn between Pathfinder, Pathfinder+, Spartan Trials, or something with combat. I want to get back into doing combat regularly (way back when, I did Tae Kwon Do twice a week and fenced twice a week), but it's been hard. Maybe I'll start instituting a twice-a-week combat page so that I can start warming up towards a combat program? Things to think about.

Okay, time to go figure out dinner and start looking at this big self-assessment they want us to do for the week :ragdoll: and maybe some video games. :wants:

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (90 days)
:x:First Thing Journalling
:v:Five Minute Plank 14 (2m 10s) Because singing while holding an elbow plank... works? :excited:
Quick Warmup Workout
Zero Hero 14 lvl 3 in one go
Epic Arms 19 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
Total Burn 28 lvl 3
CoS 17 ==maintenance mode==
AoSCE 9
Knee Push-ups 11 all in one go
Epic Five 23
Epic Glutes 7 + 1 extra set
:x:Walkabout 13 (6,220/9,500)

Okay, I'm taking the evening off. It's been a long week, and though I feel like I learned a lot, I need an evening off from tasks and stuff. So, for real, going to play games tonight. Maybe I'll do some steps when I fast travel or something. I'm not expecting to make Walkabout today, but I'm accepting that that is okay.

Going to fence in the morning!! :gheart:

Last edited:

Syrius

@Laura Rainbow Dragon Thank you!!

Today's Wins: (91 days)
:v: First Thing Journalling I will journal here in a bit and I'll check it when I did. I'm going to change this to just journalling from here on out. UPDATE: Did it!
:x: First Thing Water ==maintenance mode==
~ 30 mins worth of actual fencing. I did do like another 20 of "teaching". I need more practice at teaching.
:x: Five Minute Plank 15 (2m 30s) 2m 22s So close!! I'll get it tomorrow, I'm sure!
53 jumping jacks
54 hooks *increased by one for even numbers per side
54 front kicks *
CoS 18 ==maintenance mode==
54 jab + cross *
Knee Push-ups 12
54 uppercuts *
54 hook kicks *
AoSCE 10 lvl 3
Epic Arms 20 during breaks of AoSCE 10
54 knee strikes *
Epic Glutes 8 + 1 extra set
:x: Walkabout 13 (9,273/9,500) almost there already. UPDATE: Fell short in the home stretch. Forgot to check my steps before I went to bed or I would have done a few laps around the house to make it.
Homework book: 32% completed

Phew, honestly, wasn't planning on a whole second workout.

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (92 days)
:v: Journalling
:v: First Thing Water ==maintenance mode==
:v: Five Minute Plank 15 (2m 30s) :jacks:
Total Burn 29 lvl 3 :tired:
Knee Push-ups 13
AoSCE 11
CoS 19 ==maintenance mode==
Epic Glutes 9 + 1 extra set :bored:
Epic Arms 21 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
:v: Walkabout 13 (10,357/9,500)
Homework book: 32% completed. I'm planning on a couple more chapters tonight. I do think I've read enough to complete the assignment. UPDATE: Extra chapters didn't happen last night. Fell asleep.

Frontiers of Pandora:
1 Bellsprig -> 10 alternating bicep curls
6 new locations -> 60 step jacks
3 RDA encounters -> 30 hooks

Other things done today:
Cleaned the fridge. It looks so much better!!
Cleaned laundry room! No more cat litter everywhere.
One room vacuumed
Got one of the assignments due for Tuesday done. I'll do the other two tomorrow. I'll also do better at not falling down rabbit holes of cleaning things.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Baryl Thank you!!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (93 days)
Rest day (as mandated by the internet overlords and the simple fact that I needed to get my homework done. Yup, earned that procrastination award.)

Gaming microworkout (because I wanna keep my streak) - Frontiers of Pandora (Yay, can still play games offline)
4 Bellsprig + 3 Tarsyu -> 70 alternating bicep curls (5lb)
13 New locations -> 130 step jacks
12 RDA encounters -> 120 hooks
110 Clan contributions -> 110 weighted punches (5lb) (Yup, I guess I contributed 110 items to the clans. Inventory space is tightly controlled in this game.)
9 Dapophet used -> 90 flutterkicks
2 Deaths -> 40 reverse calf raises

Homework book: 55% (enough to answer all the questions)

Since I now have internet again - cut fiber line, they took 10 hours to diagnose and lay new line. I couldn't even use data because it was bogged down by practically half the town being without internet. I barely got my homework turned in around 2100 because people started going to bed and not using all the data. :giveup:
I did write it up earlier, and then I typed it up so that I could just copy paste it in, and then I got scared that it wouldn't come back so I freaked out and did it on my phone. Then the internet comes back 15 minutes after I was finished typing it in on my phone, which wasn't so bad because I have a bluetooth keyboard that I was able to connect to my phone. That was frustrating. Now I'm back on because I couldn't go to sleep because I was afraid that it didn't submit, but it did. And I figured while I was here, I would check in with all you lovely people. :hellothere: So yeah, weird holiday day. Hopefully I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. :shiver: I am prepared, I have the dial in phone number, so I can still make it to lecture. Okay, gotta sleep. :night:

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
I'm glad you got your Internet back in time to get your work submitted!
It's scary how much we rely on a technology that didn't even exist when I was a child!

I didn't grow up in them... but I miss those old days. Life was simpler then.

Even I wasn't a technologically-obsessed kid. We had TV, but I preferred drawing or playing outside with the ten feral cats we fed.

Syrius

I'm glad you got your Internet back in time to get your work submitted!
It's scary how much we rely on a technology that didn't even exist when I was a child!
Thanks, me too! I was sweating it all afternoon.

I didn't grow up in them... but I miss those old days. Life was simpler then.

Even I wasn't a technologically-obsessed kid. We had TV, but I preferred drawing or playing outside with the ten feral cats we fed.

Growing up, my parents did a decent job of limiting our computer usage by mostly having educational games available, keeping the computer in the main room of the house and making us share it. We hardly used the internet and TV was actually somewhat boring, because we were only allowed to watch two channels. So, I spent a ton of time reading and drawing and playing outside.

Syrius

Today's Wins: (94 days)
AoSCE 12 ...during class... :imp:
:v: Five Minute Plank 16 (2m 40s) :pose: That was close. I almost didn't make it. :phew:
Quick Warmup Workout
Total Burn 30 lvl 3 :bounce::completed:
AoSCE 13 lvl 3
Knee Push-ups 14
Epic Arms 22
Cardio Go! 3 :tap: This was a terrible, ADHD impulse driven idea. I feel fine though...and I'm much closer to making Walkabout for the day...

Epic Five 24 ugh, I know I need to do more lower body strength. This was horrible.
Epic Five 25 broke into one set of 2m and two of 1m30s.

:x: Epic Glutes 9 + 1 extra set
:x: Walkabout 14 (8,780/10,000)

Big sigh, guess what... I've got a whole new pile of homework. I think I forgot how bad condensed classes were in school. I'm going to eat dinner and get to it. I already spent a little longer working out than I originally planned. Yup procrastinating from said homework. Oh well! It'll be okay, I'm just whining because I didn't expect this much!

Last edited:

Syrius

@Baryl @Nevetharine @Fremen @Anek Thank you!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (95 days)
Walk it Off Workout lvl 3 (Did the first 5 sets during the afternoon group meeting. Had some annoyance to work out.)
AoSCE 14
Side Quest Workout lvl 3

:x:Five Minute Plank 17 (superman day!)
:x:Knee Push-ups 15
:x:Epic Arms 23 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
:x: Epic Glutes 9 + 1 extra set angry knees, will try to do tomorrow
:x: Walkabout 14 (6,235/10,000) This is tough when I'm stuck in training.
I plan to come back after dinner for at least the supermans, but my knees are sore today. So, I'm listening and stopping while I'm ahead. I'll just edit in when I do it.
UPDATE: I fell asleep.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Deadoks @cmjc @Laura Rainbow Dragon @MadamMeow Thank you!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (96 days)
:v: Epic Arms 23 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
:v: Epic Glutes 9 + 1 extra set
:v: Knee Push-ups 15
:v: Five Minute Plank 17 (superman day!)
:x: Walkabout 14 (6,488/10,000)

Gaming microworkout totals - Frontiers of Pandora (Because... I got all the homework done early and I just really wanted to play games.) :tap:
2 Bellsprig + 3 Tarsyu -> 50 alternating bicep curls (5lb)
9 New locations -> 90 step jacks
6 RDA encounters -> 60 hooks
40 Clan contributions -> 40 weighted punches (5lb)
5 Dapophet used -> 50 flutter kicks
1 Deaths -> 20 reverse calf raises & 20 calf raises
3 Aeolian Wind Flutes + 1 Kite -> 40 knee to elbow
1 Fast Travel -> 100 high knees

Mentally and emotionally exhausted. Physically, I'm tired, but I feel a lot better. Squats went well, so I should be able to get back into the swing tomorrow. Epic Five, here I come. Other good thing, I got out of the house today for the first time since Saturday, so that was also very nice. Found new book at the store on my trip, so that was good too.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Anek Bookstores are my happy place!! Unfortunately, this was just the book aisle at Walmart, but it was still very relaxing.

Today's Wins: (97 days)
:v: Five Minute Plank 18 (3m) :twirl:
:v: Epic Glutes 10 + 1 extra set
Epic Five 26 Made it epic. My calves are burning. Also, forgot to warm up. :facepalm:
:v: Knee Push-ups 16
Zero Hero 15 lvl 1 Wrists angry. Also, need to do more planky plank stuff. I don't like doing things at level 1, but again, listening to body.
Wrist Mobility Workout
Zero Hero 16 lvl 3
Zero Hero 17 lvl 3
:v: Epic Arms 24
:v: CoS 20 ==maintenance mode==
AoSCE 15
:x: Walkabout 14 (7,611/10,000)

Phew, okay, that was nice. I need to work more legs and plank stuff in, but I can work on that. I used to do tons of high knees.

Last edited:

Syrius

Evening Update:

Gaming microworkout totals - Frontiers of Pandora
11 Bellsprig + 3 Tarsyu -> 140 alternating bicep curls (5lb)
11 New locations -> 110 step jacks
7 RDA encounters -> 70 hooks
50 Clan contributions -> 50 weighted punches (5lb)
7 Dapophet used -> 70 flutter kicks
1 Deaths -> 20 reverse calf raises & 20 calf raises
6 Aeolian Wind Flutes (4 from quest) + 3 Kite + 1 Memory Painting -> 100 knee to elbows
9 Feral Encounters -> 90 Front kicks
5 Fast Travel -> 500 high knees
2 Direhorse rides + 10 Ikran flights -> 240 high knees

+ an excel sheet to help me keep better track than just my crazy scribbles on my little whiteboard.

Lol, *used* to do tons of high knees. These weren't hard at all. I think that Epic Five just made it seem bad because it was five minutes straight and un warmed up and there were full burpees every 30 seconds.

Syrius

Today's Wins: (98 days)
Gaming microworkout totals - Frontiers of Pandora
2 Fast Travel -> 200 high knees 500 march steps (Love, love, love high knees. Too tired.)
1 Memory Painting -> 10 knee to elbows
2 RDA encounters -> 20 hooks
3 Dapophet used -> 30 flutter kicks

Not feeling good. I slept most of the day. I am pretty sure M shared his cold with me. Okay, more sleep time. :night: