TRbrat: Rise from the ashes...

PhoenixRise

Mother of Dragons Posts: 26
"Our Greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall"
Trbrat75 here...
Attempted to log on to find my profile gone :( created a new profile to see what happened and well... here we are. Now to find my little hive of bee friends...

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."

Fremen

Mercenary from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome to the New Hive :)

PhoenixRise

Welcome to the new Hive, Trbrat!

You can find your old profile here: https://hive.darebee.com/member/29685-trbrat75
and your old check-in thread here: https://hive.darebee.com/logs/322638-trbrats-training-log-ready-to-get-rugged

The URLs got changed, and you cannot interact with the old content anymore. But it's still there (for now).
I see they said the old content could be copied, how would I do that so I dont lose it? Its almost like a diary of sorts to me...

PhoenixRise

Hello everyone! Glad to read ya'll again!
I am pondering another obstacle race (Rugged Maniac) next year (Aug 23')

A lot has happened...i cant seem to catch a breath before I'm underwater again...
But, I'm still 'rising'...or, at the least, hovering lol

PhoenixRise

The easiest way is to 'select all' the entire page and copy it into a document program. Edit it from there. It's all manual, unfortunately, but possible. I hope that helps.
I assume that's for each page, right? Not that I would copy all 148 pages, but that still sounds daunting lol

PhoenixRise

Made it to the gym, got a trainer. Now I have someone to hold me accountable until I get back in the swing of things, and hopefully learn a lot too! On the other hand, I am afraid this wont be what I was expecting. Only way to find out is do it though, right?

PhoenixRise

11/21 - Leg Day
10 min on tread to warm up plus various squats and high knees
Superset:
1A) Box step ups 3x8e(this was super intimidating)
1B) Lateral Lunges 3x10e
Superset:
2A) Narrow stance leg press 3x12
2B) Leg press calf presses 3x12
3A) glute focused back lunge 2x8e

My trainer sent me workouts to do, I dont know the moves yet, but hey...i gave it my best shot. I have 1 day a week sessions with her.

PhoenixRise

11/22 -Upper Body
1A- Dumb bell chest press 3 x 15 10lb weight
1B- DB OH triceps extension 3 x 15 10lb
2A- DB Chest Fly 5lb
2B- DB Single Arm triceps kickback 3 x 12 10lb 1st set, 5 lb last 2 sets

I had workouts for weds, thurs and friday but due to other obligations I didnt get to do them.
Just as well, I had(have) some serious soreness going on!

Hope everyone had a good Holiday!

PhoenixRise

My first session with my trainer was last Sat(11/17). Unfortunately I had a bout of food poisoning a few days prior so I was still pretty wiped out from that. (I just realized I never logged that workout...oops). But I still went and put in the work. The workout consisted of arms and abs training. I dont remember much about the arm portion(I remember working my shoulders and using dumbbells lol), but the abs consisted of mountain climbers on an unsteady surface(im sure I'll learn the terminology eventually lmao) some sort of cross body crunches. and twists with weight...idk, that seems like a month ago now when its only been a week. :smash:

11/26 - Leg day: Started on the treadmill, just a walk, until time for my appt, so 8 mins to get the heartrate up.
learned how to stretch by using foam roller...so far, not a fan. It hurt some areas around my hip flexors. I will probably have bruises.
1A - Hamstring Curls 3x12 (not sure of the weight as she set it but i believe it was somewhere around 35-40lbs)
2A - Bulgarian Split Squats 3x8e
2B - DB Hip Thrust 3x12 -20lb
3A - DB Single Leg RDL 2x12 - 10lb
3B - Bodyweight Curtsy Lunge 2x12

Cut the sets short on the last 2 as she could tell i was pretty well done.

Getting started again is always the hardest. Especially going into a new place with workouts I am not familiar with and using equipment I dont know how to use. She has given me some options on home workouts in case the gym is too much for me

PhoenixRise

I was tired and my trainer forgot to bring me my w/o sheet, or text me it(and she never responded to my message about it). I did legs with her on sat, sun was a free day. I ran into her at the gym...she says do legs again...uh ok I got to make my own so:

Leg Extensions - 45lb 3x12 ( I was straining a bit)
Leg Press -100Lb 3x15 (almost too light, almost...)
Seated Leg Curl - 45lb 3x15 (feel strain behind the knees)
Inner Thigh machine - 70lb 3x12 (weird lol)

ah geez..why didnt i log the weights last time gah

PhoenixRise

Tues 11/29 - Upper Body(Back, Bicep, Shoulders, Abs)
1A) Cable Lat Pull Downs 3x10 - 55lb/70lb/60lb (kind of like goldilocks and the three bears lol)
2A) Cable Seated Underhand Rows 3x10 55lb
3A) Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press 3x12 5lb (shoulders are weak spots)
3B) Dumbbell Curls 3x15 10lb (embarrassed to say that was almost 2 heavy)
4A) Cable Face Pulls 3x10 40lb (finally figured out the right grip on the last set, I now have bruises on my hands from that thing)
2 rounds:
1A)
Dead Bug 8e
1B) Medicine Ball Crunch 10reps - 10lb
1C) Kettlebell Russian twist 16reps -15lb
1D) Plank - 30 sec (oof)

11/30 - Lower Body (Glutes and Hamstring)
1A) Barbell RDLs 3x10 30lb ( i totally did these wrong. I did one legged, so 10 on each leg...no wonder my balance was off)
2A) Lying Hamstring Curls 3x10 40lb
2B) Banded Kickbacks 3x10e
3A) Single Leg Bridge 3x10e (I had to do this a bit different as keeping my leg straight out makes my thigh cramp)
3B) Dumbbell Sumo Squat 3x10 15lb