Day One

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Hello again everyone. Like a lot of you I'm back with the best intentions. And like a lot of you, I had to re-register and I'm resetting the counter. No badges, No achievements. Start again. I think I needed to hit the Reset Switch. I was taking on more and more to the point where I needed a two hour gym session just to fit in all the challenges and programs I'd taken on. I was stressing myself out by not achieving everything and it was even worse on busy days where next to no free time was available to train. Time to take a step back and start again. Slowly. My exercise regime needs to be achievable. Yes, achievable. Not fourteen challenges that end up taking ten minutes each to complete, and then adding programs. Diet also needs to change. I was stress drinking and ended up consuming more Bacardi a day than water. I also need to stop stress eating. These two have led to weight gain and more injuries. I've never been one to focus on long term goals but need to. I also need to listen to my body more. Those twinges of discomfort that often end up in injuries can no longer be ignored.

So this is Day One. I know I've done a number of times but I no longer have any badges so I am starting at the first Tier 1 Program (Foundation Light) and first Tier 1 Challenge (30 Day Meditation challenge) as do these along with the Daily Dares and Workouts of the Day. I will build up to increase the workload but only when I can and feel comfortable doing so and not because I've become bored of the current offering as often happened.

Day One: Thursday 22/9/2022
Working a public holiday in Australia so struggled to justify an hour of work time in the gym.
Foundation Light program: Day 1 - Done at Level III

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Okay Day One started a little slower than I would have liked but it is a start non-the-less.

Day Two: Friday 23/9/2022
Foundation Light program: Day 2 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (22/9/2022): 60 Seconds Calf Raise Hold - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Workout of the Day (22/9/2022): Second Chance - Done with Extra Credit
Treadmill Walk: 1.00 km in 10:03 minutes @ 5.9 km/h
One Rep Max trial: Dumbbell Bicep Curls - Left arm 15 kg, Right arm 17.5 kg. The first week or so is going to be a bit of seeing how much muscle strength I've lost so each day I will do a One Rep Max trial for each weight training exercise to give me a baseline to work with. I will be re-introducing weight training as well. Just as soon as I can get my Bodybuilding.com Bodyspace account sorted out. I've had dramas with it accepting my money. Some times it likes my credit card and my account is active so I can use the programs but other times it spits the dummy and I'm left with nothing. Frustrating when you're halfway through a program and the all of a sudden lose access to it.

PM
Gamer workout (first tier one workout) - Done (two sets) with Extra Credit
"Feel Good Gratitude" meditation session (10:39 minutes) via FitOn app.
One Minute Equal Breathing + "Rise & Shine Happy" meditation session (5:01 minutes) via FitOn app.

A little more satisfied with the productivity.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Thank you @mavie , @GentleOx , @Numbat , @TopNotch , and @NancyTree . Thank you all for your support. A new start and I've already been a bit slack in keeping myself accountable but rest assured I have been keeping up with the exercise but also fulltime parenting with Covid in the house. I've managed to avoid it this time around but it could just be residual immunity from my recent dose of it. Anyway on with it.

Day Three, Saturday 24/9/2022
Exercise of the Day (23/9/2022): 60 Seconds Balance Hold - Done
Foundation Light program: Day 3 - Done at Level III
Workout of the Day (23/9/2022): Serenity - Done

Backup & Restore workout - Done with Extra Credit
"Complete Relaxation" meditation session (8:52 minutes) via FitOn app, completing Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 3

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Five: Monday 26/9/2022
"Morning Mindfulness" meditation session (10:14 minutes) via FitOn app and Ohm Mantra for Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 4 - Done (because somehow I managed not to have time yesterday. Mind You I did spend four-five hours in the kitchen cooking dinner for the family which took up a chunk of my free time yesterday.

Foundation Light program: Day 5 - Done at Level III

Platelet donation at the Lifeblood The Shire Donation Centre. A couple of hours to myself (while being syphoned).

Exercise of the Day (25/9/2022): 20 Single Leg Squats - Done
Workout of the Day (25/9/2022): Speed +1 - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
"Vizualising Calmness" meditation session (10:45 minutes) via Fiton app, as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 5. Just before going to Kung Fu to teach a horde of not so calm youngsters!

Kung Fu - 2 x Juniors classes (as assistant instructor), Instructor Class, Adults Class

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Six: Tuesday 27/9/2022

AM Gym Session
Classic Warmup
Exercise of the Day (26/9/2022): 30 Push-Up Shoulder Taps - Done
Workout of the Day (26/9/2022): Square One - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Today's 1 Rep Max test - Barbell Bench Press (Medium Grip) - 82.5 kg. Not as good as I hoped but not as bad as I feared. It has been quite a while since doing any decent weight training. But it has given me a baseline to work from, like the dumbbell curls last week.
Foundation Light program: Day 6 - Done at Level III

PM
Equal breathing + "I am Worthy" meditation session (7:00 minutes) from Fit On App as Meditation 30-Day challenge: Day 6.
Knee (recovery) Workout - Done at Level III.

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Seven: Wednesday 28/9/2022

Foundation Light program: Day 7 - Done at Level III

AM Gym Session
Fighter's Warmup
Workout of the Day (27/9/2022): Super Squat - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Backup & Restore workout as part of Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 7
Exercise of the Day (27/9/2022): 50 Reverse Angels - Done
Stay Awake workout - Done (2 sets) with Extra Credit
0.52 km Treadmill walk in 5:02 minutes @ 6.3 km/h as a finisher.

Post workout
"Mindfulness at Work" meditation session (11:16 minutes) via Fitbit app, completing Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 7

Last edited:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Eight: Thursday 29/9/2022
Well, I've managed to stick with this a whole week now and haven't overwhelmed myself. If I make it through next week then I'll consider adding one (and only one) more challenge.

"Visualize Joy" meditation session (4:31 minutes) via Fit On app, and "Inviting Ease" meditation session (8:08 minutes) via Fit On app - done as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 8
Foundation Light program: Day 8 - Done at Level III
Exercise of the Day (28/9/2022): 60 Seconds Superwoman Hold - Done

AM Gym Session
Quick Warmup
Unplugged workout - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Workout of the Day (28/9/2022): Stopgap - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Today's One Rep Max trial: Barbell Deadlift - 130 kg. Not brilliant but I am happy with this effort. It doesn't appear I've lost a lot of strength since stopping the weights program. But this is only one of the many strength tests I aim to do over the course of the next week or so. Oddly enough I think my handgrip strength needs more work than deadlifts.
Lower Back rehab workout done as a warm down.

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Day Nine: Friday 30/9/2022
"Building Resilience" meditation session (4:51 minutes) via Fit On app, + Ohm Mantra as Meditation 30-day challenge: Day 9 - Done
Posture workout - Done (twice just to including the supposed Extra Credit)
The end of another month. I started this month strong and somewhere along the line I fell in a screaming heap. Anyway we are starting afresh and slowly. Despite a lack of staff here I've still managed to hit the gym today.

AM Gym Session
Five Rites workout
Quick warmup
Exercise of the Day (29/9/2022): 30 Scorpion Twists - Done
Silver Workout - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Workout of the Day (30/9/2022): Tempered Steel - Done at Level III with Extra Credit
Foundation Light program: Day 9 - Done at Level III
One Rep Max test today: Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension - 25 kg.
Man Down workout Done with Extra Credit as warm down